ADVERTISEMENT

Police sneak into car with a sleeping 17 year old. Proceed to surprise jump them and shot and killed them *Content Warning*

The tactics can be debated. I believe that's more than fair.

However, even operating under the assumption that bad tactics were employed, once the officer was in the car and unable to leave the situation , a suspect with a stolen car evading the police, the officer is now in a situation where he is subject to serious injury or death at the hands of a suspect that is ignoring commands to stop.

Additional training? Sure.

Potential discipline for questionable tactics? Take a look at it.

Termination? I'm not sold.

Criminal charges? That seems like a big stretch.

As a teacher you often times wonder when you discipline a kid nowadays what their reaction will be. If you teach long enough you will see your former students become great people and leaders but you will also see some become some of societies worst. I have former students in jail for murder and armed robbery, what would they be like today? My point was: as a teacher if you have concerns for a very small number of kids, imagine being a cop and having those kids be 90% of your interactions.
I would imagine most cops have to assume that every interaction they have with a person, that person may have a gun. While not true we have the luxury of not having to worry about it but the person you call to deal with those people does.
I find these police issues as much an indictment of our society and certain groups priorities as I do police

I still have no idea what point you're trying to make other than, teaching and law enforcement are stressful jobs. If that's the point, I agree.

There are many dangerous jobs in this world and many interact with people that most women find to be undesirable, but not one of those jobs is above criticism or scrutiny when it comes to the quest for best practices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT