ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Clowns

The only clown here is the one who started this poll and continues to make a retard out of himself with his moron posts.

Won't comment about their fans, but will say that their basketball team, while very good, is also the luckiest team in America.

Originally posted by mpls_hawki:
The only clown here is the one who started this poll and continues to make a retard out of himself with his moron posts.
Originally posted by 77clone:
and late in game.....mcfranny travels to give the ball back an secure the win for NS.........

sukeye basketball..... is an after thought right now....then way it should be.

Beep...you are an asshat to put it bluntly.......ISU is the sports university in the state right now,......BB well the hawks suck in a crappy league

I'm sure I could quote others but this is one of the few that has slipped under my "Ignore" defense. And, it doesn't matter if anyone starts a poll about the Clowns or not...they are over here homesteading and staking out claims anyway. I used to just ignore anything Cyclone related but they show up in just about all the threads these days...making their smarmy little Clown comments.

If Guido feels like calling them names...I say go for it Guido!

An exciting basketball team to watch; one of the guttiest teams I have watched this year (refuse to surrender when down by double digits); coached by a tremendously talented coach. I just wish the Iowa Hawkeyes showed some of the same grit and toughness.

In addition, as a long time Iowa Hawkeye who grew up in central Iowa, just curious about the loathsome hatred displayed on this forum.

This post was edited on 3/14 1:55 PM by MTHawkeyes43

Originally posted by MTHawkeyes43:
An exciting basketball team to watch; one of the guttiest teams I have watched this year (refuse to surrender when down by double digits); coached by a tremendously talented coach. I just wish the Iowa Hawkeyes showed some of the same grit and toughness.

In addition, as a long time Iowa Hawkeye who grew up in central Iowa, just curious about the loathsome hatred displayed on this forum.

This post was edited on 3/14 1:55 PM by MTHawkeyes43
You do realize you just talked up Iowa State, their team and their coach, and then slammed the Hawkeyes (after a 12-6 record in the Big Ten) and managed to slam Hawkeye fans with a comment like, "loathsome hatred".

Don't you think it is time to take the Black and Gold off of your back and just admit to yourself you are a Cyclone fan?

There is no other explanation for your post.

The hatred runs both ways, correct? I see as much from ISU fans as I see from Iowa fans. As far as the teams is it wrong to want the same kind of success as ISU is enjoying?

As an Iowan living else where I have taken to rooting for all of the Iowa teams. May be I would see it differently if I still lived in Iowa; however, having left Iowa some 25 years ago my views have softened. Sorry if that offends the most ardent Hawkeye fans on this forum.
This post was edited on 3/14 2:30 PM by MTHawkeyes43

The hatred runs both ways, correct? I see as much from ISU fans as I see from Iowa fans. As far as the teams is it wrong to want the same kind of success as ISU is enjoying? As an Iowan living else where I have taken to rooting for all of the Iowa teams. May be I would see it differently if I still lived in Iowa; however, having left Iowa some 25 years ago my views have softened. Sorry if that offends the most ardent Hawkeye fans on this forum.

I was just saying what seems obvious to me. Nothing personal.

Hawks #1
Clones #2
Panthers #3
Bulldogs #4

Always been a hawk fan first and foremost but I root for all the instate teams. I'm really not sure why anyone living in the state would think any different. Guess they do though , Fire away

Originally posted by Kurt Warner:
Hawks #1
Clones #2
Panthers #3
Bulldogs #4

Always been a hawk fan first and foremost but I root for all the instate teams. I'm really not sure why anyone living in the state would think any different. Guess they do though , Fire away
+1 Kurt.

I root for Iowa when they play their in state rivals. Just saying that I have always been a huge Hoiberg fan and have really come to appreciate his coaching style and the way his teams play.

Originally posted by Kurt Warner:
Hawks #1
Clones #2
Panthers #3
Bulldogs #4

+1 Kurt.

I root for Iowa when they play their in state rivals. Just saying that I have always been a huge Hoiberg fan and have really come to appreciate his coaching style and the way his teams play.
Plus One?!? And that is not what you were saying. Again:

"An exciting basketball team to watch; one of the guttiest teams I have watched this year (refuse to surrender when down by double digits); coached by a tremendously talented coach. I just wish the Iowa Hawkeyes showed some of the same grit and toughness.

In addition, as a long time Iowa Hawkeye who grew up in central Iowa, just curious about the loathsome hatred displayed on this forum."

And then we have a guy who calls himself Kurt Warner but roots for Iowa #1? Kurt, you don't think THAT isn't just a little odd?

And neither of you seems to understand how tiring it is to hear from Cyclone fans on this board all the time?

Originally posted by mpls_hawki:
Go borrow some brain cells and come back clown asshole. hahahahahahahahaha
laugh.r191677.gif

I live within 30 miles of Ames so i deal with clown fans all the time. A lot of them are good friends and most of them are not the trolls we have here. The only thing i ever did to rub their nose in it was when Iowa beat them 15 times in a row in football. After about 7 in a row i got a bumper sticker that i updated each year Iowa won. 8 in row, 9 in a row etc. Of course i know a couple (young punks for the most part) that run their mouth anytime ISU beats Iowa (even in volleyball lol). The vitriol i put here sometimes is aimed at the trolls that come here too often. There are some Lone, Farmer and a couple others i can't think of right now that actually bring some common sense and interesting debate to this board. And i believe they are intelligent enough to recognize that i do a lot in jest just to get a rise out of the dumbass trolls. And i must say it is almost always successful.
3dsmile.r191677.gif

Is there a super ignore button available for "Hawkeye fans" that gush about the Cyclones?

Originally posted by Suterman:

Is there a super ignore button available for "Hawkeye fans" that gush about the Cyclones?

Good idea.
This post was edited on 3/14 5:07 PM by DanL53

Originally posted by DanL53:
The hatred runs both ways, correct? I see as much from ISU fans as I see from Iowa fans. As far as the teams is it wrong to want the same kind of success as ISU is enjoying? As an Iowan living else where I have taken to rooting for all of the Iowa teams. May be I would see it differently if I still lived in Iowa; however, having left Iowa some 25 years ago my views have softened. Sorry if that offends the most ardent Hawkeye fans on this forum.

I'm with you Dan and have long suspected MT as a clone troll in disguise. Have yet to read a post of his that isn't at best a subtle dig at the program.

Originally posted by wyohawk:

I'm with you Dan and have long suspected MT as a clone troll in disguise. Have yet to read a post of his that isn't at best a subtle dig at the program.
roll.r191677.gif
You guys make me laugh calling me a a secret ISU troll. Let me clue you in, I have better things to do than troll an Iowa Hawkeyes forum. Do I offer some criticism on Iowa, certainly; however, after watching Iowa lay another egg in BTT should I be gushing over them?

I do want to thank you guys for reading my post. I read your posts and appreciate the posts when game analogy is offered.

Originally posted by wyohawk:

You guys are right. She is a miserable fat little troll. Lets stop feeding her and see if she goes away.

Lol dan, yeah I know kurt played for uni, it just goes to show if someone from this state succeeds and I don't care what school they're from I will cheer them on till the end. Kurt Warner made me so proud because he was from our state, the state of iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT