ADVERTISEMENT

"'Prevailing feeling' is Peter Jok will return"

I wanted to add I know there was another thread started quoting Jok. This was just for those who like links to articles.

Good link and I agree. He is just testing the waters. There are so many juniors who are doing this just to see what the process is and see what areas they need to work on. If he does get a good grade, sorry he should go. If they "scouts" think he is ready, then by all means take the $$ and run. No one would blame you.

FWIW, the man who supposedly broke the story on Jok, Marty Tirrell, still contends that there is a very real disconnect between Jok, his guardian, and Coach McCaffery and there is a 80-90% chance he will not be returning to Iowa. Also fwiw, I am not a big fan of Tirrell's, nor is he a fan of McCaffery's, so take it all with a grain of salt.

FWIW, the man who supposedly broke the story on Jok, Marty Tirrell, still contends that there is a very real disconnect between Jok, his guardian, and Coach McCaffery and there is a 80-90% chance he will not be returning to Iowa. Also fwiw, I am not a big fan of Tirrell's, nor is he a fan of McCaffery's, so take it all with a grain of salt.

I have been watching a Twitter fight break out between Tirrell and other writers in Iowa. If Jok wanted to leave he could. I doubt there is any issue between Jok and McCaffery.

If Peter's guardian is involved, then there likely is a disconnect. Although he has been very good to help Peter get into basketball and have opportunity, he has also made it difficult for Peter to thrive in any team setting that he has been involved in.

Go Hawks!

I've had dealings with Marty Tirrell and found him to be a disingenuous turd. I would not believe a thing he says.

If Peter's guardian is involved, then there likely is a disconnect. Although he has been very good to help Peter get into basketball and have opportunity, he has also made it difficult for Peter to thrive in any team setting that he has been involved in.

Go Hawks!

I'm just curious what you mean by that. Are you saying there is likely validity to the belief that there is a rift between Jok and McCaffery?

Any specific reason as to why there would be a disconnect between Jok, his family, and Coach McCaffery? This is the first I've ever heard of it.

Go Hawks!
Care to elaborate if not then there's no place for this here.

Pete needs to improve as much over the next year as he has over the past couple of years, or he won't be a high draft pick with a high likelihood of playing in the NBA. His shot is plenty good enough, but the rest of his game needs to get better. His athleticism also needs to keep improving.

I've had dealings with Marty Tirrell and found him to be a disingenuous turd. I would not believe a thing he says.
Jok is not ready for the pros yet. Iowa will really need him next year. Iowa really needed better backcourt players this past season. I would rate Gesell and Clemmons average at best if you look at the top 100 backcourts in D-1. How many times did we hold for the last shot of the first half and come up empty with a turnover, no shot, or a poor shot. Any end of game make to tie or win a game by either guy in 4 years? No. Woodbury falls in this class also. Just average center if looking at top 100 programs. No vertical, low shot % for a 7 footer over 4 years. Most guys with his height shoot well over 50%. All in all, Iowa played better then they should have because of outstanding seasons for Uthoff and Jok. But I think Uthoff has dropped from a first round pick to maybe making an NBA team.

Any specific reason as to why there would be a disconnect between Jok, his family, and Coach McCaffery? This is the first I've ever heard of it.

Have no idea. That's just the contention that Tirrell is promulgating. As I said, I'm not a fan of his and he may be making the whole notion up just to promote himself. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Reactions: EZ2BJZ
Has Fran had anything to say on this? Calipari came out and said all his guys were going to apply (even walk on's) and the rules regarding the application process had changed.

If he gets a full report guard from NBA scouts on what to work on I'm not sure how this is a bad thing? Unless there really is a rift....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT