ADVERTISEMENT

Promoting bad behavior.

If I had a daughter that was misbehaving in class and not listening and it was justified, I would not have a problem with it at all.

If it does come to that, I will feel like I failed as a parent and would apologize to my child for what they had to go through. Not threaten to sue the school.
what if she misbehaved after that?

keep in mind...these teachers might be armed soon

what if she misbehaved after that?

keep in mind...these teachers might be armed soon
I guess I don’t know what to do with someone that doesn’t learn/continues to misbehave.
Unfortunately I believe we are dealing with that today and no one knows the answers.
Plenty of parents have failed. Do we hold them accountable for the actions of their kids?
I guess I’d rather try to make a child learn the hard way if they haven’t/cant figure out to behave. In my mind it’s better than doing nothing and teaching them nothing. Sometimes it’s takes a little teaching tough love before something finally clicks.
I also don’t think I’d compare someone making a student do some bear crawls and using a gun on them.
So I’m not sure why you’d bring up the fact that they will soon have guns

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
I guess I don’t know what to do with someone that doesn’t learn/continues to misbehave.
Unfortunately I believe we are dealing with that today and no one knows the answers.
Plenty of parents have failed. Do we hold them accountable for the actions of their kids?
I guess I’d rather try to make a child learn the hard way if they haven’t/cant figure out to behave. In my mind it’s better than doing nothing and teaching them nothing. Sometimes it’s takes a little teaching tough love before something finally clicks.
I also don’t think I’d compare someone making a student do some bear crawls and using a gun on them.
Are you a parent?

well, if the tough love of bear crawls that result in burns doesn't do the trick, doesn't the love have to get tougher?

i'm not sure how much pain we need to inflict on children to make sure they aren't...*checks notes...laughing in class.

If she takes a bullet to the kneecap, it serves her right. Kid's gotta learn there's CoNsEqUeNcEs.

The Office Reaction GIF

I look back on football like .. why did i participate in that for so long?
I loved it because it was really entertaining. Especially when we moved to small town and there was literally nothing else going on. Would have been bored to tears without sports. But the life lessons and stuff, with sports it's stuff you can learn in any extracurricular and I did Boy Scouts well before varsity level competitive organized sports.

I look back on football like .. why did i participate in that for so long?
I played starting at PeeWee.
When we moved to Tx I went out for the HS team and the first day of summer practice they ran me until I passed out from heat stroke - water was only for Varsity!! When they woke me up they told me I could run the burners I didn't do (because I was face down in the turf) after lunch.
I did not go back for the second half of that two-a-day. They called me at home and asked why I wasn't there. I told them that they were nuts. I do not regret that decision.

I loved it because it was really entertaining. Especially when we moved to small town and there was literally nothing else going on. Would have been bored to tears without sports. But the life lessons and stuff, with sports it's stuff you can learn in any extracurricular and I did Boy Scouts well before varsity level competitive organized sports.
I agree it was good to pass the time. I was OL so I never really particularly enjoyed it. Either we were ramming heads or running. I remember counting down practices until I never had to play football again. The last day of practice I made a promise to myself that I would never do a burpee the rest of my life, a promise I have still kept.

I agree it was good to pass the time. I was OL so I never really particularly enjoyed it. Either we were ramming heads or running. I remember counting down practices until I never had to play football again. The last day of practice I made a promise to myself that I would never do a burpee the rest of my life, a promise I have still kept.
Oh yeah OL was rarely fun especially in our 1940s offense, but I got to play both ways and DL was a blast. Guard was kind of fun in our offense because you were pulling guard a lot and that was fun to go hunting LBs but tackle was 95% of the time block the guy in front of you and I got moved to tackle when I was on varsity.

Reactions: Moral and millah_22
I played starting at PeeWee.
When we moved to Tx I went out for the HS team and the first day of summer practice they ran me until I passed out from heat stroke - water was only for Varsity!! When they woke me up they told me I could run the burners I didn't do (because I was face down in the turf) after lunch.
I did not go back for the second half of that two-a-day. They called me at home and asked why I wasn't there. I told them that they were nuts. I do not regret that decision.
Our coach was a southern dick, but he wasn't that hardcore. We were pretty good my last two years, and tbh I wasn't all that bad. I just didn't really find enjoyment in it, at least not like I did other sports.

Reactions: Moral and BelemNole
Our coach was a southern dick, but he wasn't that hardcore. We were pretty good my last two years, and tbh I wasn't all that bad. I just didn't really find enjoyment in it, at least not like I did other sports.
We were a small AA school. But we had a very good football team. To the point where there was a rumor among the other schools that we flew in players just for the games (school was on a military base).
But the coaches ran that place. To the point where we didn't have a baseball team because the coaches thought it would distract with football training.
Our principal was a former football coach. I'm not sure he ever taught anything besides PE and football.
We were VERY football focused.

Reactions: millah_22 and Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT