ADVERTISEMENT

Racer

Good luck to him. Fun college town. Good coach. Maybe the distance will do him some good.

Good for him wish him success. Dressler is a good coach he has brought the Hokies back to being a strong team again.

Just curious why did you say the "distance could do him some good." I think Racer could be a good one but I'm sure once Marinelli gave Iowa a verbal he knew Iowa was going in a different direction. Also for the seasoned vets on this page...wasn't there information out there if Iowa wanted a chance with Hall, Iowa couldn't go after Racer?! Don't know if I actually read that somewhere or I'm just making up a stupid rumor. My apologies if I am.

Racer said he is going to 157, and that's the weight he is planning on for at least his first two years. Marinelli wouldn't have changed that.

I think that's a great outcome for all. Racer isn't at a need weight for Iowa, and it's no secret that he has some baggage. Dresser is a great coach and a great guy. VT is a good school both academically and athletically. If he's destined to be an NCAA champ, nothing about this decision is inconsistent with that. Dresser gets his second top-50 recruit of 2015 (the other being #19 McFadden from NJ, ranked #3 at 160 by Intermat, ahead of #6 Racer)--so Dresser still needs one of them to grow!

Well Racer could have wrestled 152, but I think he wrestled up so Jacob Woodard would have a spot in the lineup.

He wrestled 152 to at the clash and super 32 so he's not a big 160 by any means.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by TarpHawk:
I think that's a great outcome for all. Racer isn't at a need weight for Iowa, and it's no secret that he has some baggage. Dresser is a great coach and a great guy. VT is a good school both academically and athletically. If he's destined to be an NCAA champ, nothing about this decision is inconsistent with that. Dresser gets his second top-50 recruit of 2015 (the other being #19 McFadden from NJ, ranked #3 at 160 by Intermat, ahead of #6 Racer)--so Dresser still needs one of them to grow!
McFadden going to grow a good bit more. He's still 17 I believe. Racer projects at 57 I'd say. Wouldn't be surprised to see McFadden up at 74 when all is said and done.

Also, VT has Andrew Dunn, the #2 ranked 285 in the country coming in as well. So it's their 3rd top 50.

Originally posted by ChristianPyles:

Originally posted by TarpHawk:
McFadden going to grow a good bit more. He's still 17 I believe. Racer projects at 57 I'd say. Wouldn't be surprised to see McFadden up at 74 when all is said and done.
You're right, McFadden doesn't turn 18 until June, so he's a very young Senior. He's also about 6' 2" and much more slender than Racer. Pretty slick kid, not particularly "tough". Pretty much the opposite of Racer.

I think VT is a very good choice for Racer. I get the impression Dresser knows how to handle a kid like that. Should be a good situation for everybody.

Where did Racer wrestle before Apple Valley? Then moved to wrestle for Bentendorf? Also wrestled for Team Missouri? What's this kids story? Military family? Just curious

Wrestled at Apple Valley for 2.5 years. End of Junior something happened that he needed to leave the team (by either his accord or theirs) he didn't get approval to wrestle at a new school his junior year despite moving.

Pretty sure he had family so he wrestled for Team Missouri over the summer, moved to Bett in August.

Prior to AV he lived in MO.

His junior year after leaving AV, he moved to Border West(basically the little nub on the west border of MN) a week before the state qualifier. The head coach told him he would not take a spot of someone who had been there all season. I can't remember if the state ruled him ineligible as well or just the coach sat him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT