ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting results?

Greekhawk

Team MVP
Sep 30, 2001
Ok, I know that Iowa has offered already over 100 talented athletes for next year, can someone tell me how we can actually recruit that many student athletes? I realize some will drop by the wayside and others will be added, but keeping in contact and getting to create some type of relationship with them has to be tremendously hard to do.

this the result of that new staff that was just put together, it will be their job to keep up the contacts made and the coaches can and will do face to face recruiting contacts, that and the fact the NCAA changed the rule now allowing all 10 coaches vs just 7 at one time on the road recruiting.

the face of recruiting is changing. IA is hitting up TX for more players this season. the one that I am watching is WR Farrar 6'4 205 lbs. Purdue has also offered, 5.5 3* but has the height. that people like. talk is that IA has offered DT Daniels younger brother DT Chris Daniel 6'4 280 rated 70th overall out of TX

TX is turning into regular pipeline for IA recruits.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

this the result of that new staff that was just put together,
it will be their job to keep up the contacts made and the coaches can and will do face to face recruiting contacts, that and the fact the NCAA changed the rule now allowing all 10 coaches vs just 7 at one time on the road recruiting.

the face of recruiting is changing. IA is hitting up TX for more players this season. the one that I am watching is WR Farrar 6'4 205 lbs. Purdue has also offered, 5.5 3* but has the height. that people like. talk is that IA has offered DT Daniels younger brother DT Chris Daniel 6'4 280 rated 70th overall out of TX

We have a new staff? How did i miss that piece of information?

this the result of that new staff that was just put together, it will be their job to keep up the contacts made and the coaches can and will do face to face recruiting contacts, that and the fact the NCAA changed the rule now allowing all 10 coaches vs just 7 at one time on the road recruiting.

Regular pipeline for IA recruits? Are you serious? It use to be when Fry was here. Now? Not hardly.

7 TX recruits the last 3 years, as for that new staff here it is, a couple months ago IA hired a staff that is dedicated strictly to recruiting, they write letters and maintain contact thru tweets, phone calls and by any legal means, the SEC has been doing this for a couple years., even Indiana has been doing it the last 2 years. they hired that DE's father that committed to IA then flipped to Indiana because of his dad working for Indiana,

the changes are going along the lines of more offers out before the current class signs, in fact there are over 20 offers out to 2017 kids. in the past you might see IA have just 1 offer out to a SO if you were lucky, now there are over 150 out to the new class and a little over 20 to SO.

THIS STAFF IS NOT LAZY like so many try to make them out to be.

and just 1 question reguarding recruiting TX how many TX kids per year does it take to make it a pipeline? to me it means getting TX recruits every year even if its only 1-2 per year.

Iowa offered Damion Daniels
That is Darrion's brother
He is a 2017 prospect
They also were the first to offer his cousin-2016 De prospect-Jordon Robertson
Responding to Kilroy's post above

This post was edited on 3/3 9:51 PM by SigMaintHawk

7 TX recruits the last 3 years, as for that new staff here it is, a couple months ago IA hired a staff that is dedicated strictly to recruiting, they write letters and maintain contact thru tweets, phone calls and by any legal means, the SEC has been doing this for a couple years., even Indiana has been doing it the last 2 years. they hired that DE's father that committed to IA then flipped to Indiana because of his dad working for Indiana,

the changes are going along the lines of more offers out before the current class signs, in fact there are over 20 offers out to 2017 kids. in the past you might see IA have just 1 offer out to a SO if you were lucky, now there are over 150 out to the new class and a little over 20 to SO.

THIS STAFF IS NOT LAZY like so many try to make them out to be.

and just 1 question reguarding recruiting TX how many TX kids per year does it take to make it a pipeline? to me it means getting TX recruits every year even if its only 1-2 per year.
What? People have only been writing letters and maintaining a contact with recruits for the last COUPLE years? Are you serious here? How was it that you think people were recruiting before?

Originally posted by Sandow:

Regular pipeline for IA recruits? Are you serious? It use to be when Fry was here. Now? Not hardly.
We signed 4 in the '15 class. we have 16 offers for Texas kids in the '16 class. The staff has increased their recruiting efforts in Texas. I don't know about a pipeline but Texas is emphasized.

fg86 in the past just the coaches wrote the letters, now IA has hired a staff dedicated to doing just that while the coaches make contact with the players, why is that so hard to understand.

fg86 in the past just the coaches wrote the letters, now IA has hired a staff dedicated to doing just that while the coaches make contact with the players, why is that so hard to understand.
You are pretty naive if you think only the coaches were writing letters. I remember seeing this stuff and it was 10-15 years ago seeing letters sent to guys on our HS teams recruited by D1 schools in football and basketball. Even when they narrowed it down and I remember my friend who signed with a school showed me all the crap that he got overall and specifically all the crap he got from the school he ended up signing with and saved. Trust me not all of it was written by the coaches and early on lot of it is the same narrative being sent out to players to get a feeler on if a recruit is interested in their school. Granted some were but that's when it was much later in the recruiting process.

Maybe they do have more staff to help out since recruiting has become so much bigger but lot of fail in your first statement. If coaches wrote everything they'd need to be able to type 100 word per minute or faster to keep up with everything being sent out

O.K, what's changed? Can anyone come up with anything? More offers, that's obvious, but that has to be easy. What measures are being taken to bring Iowa's recruiting up to its contemporaries' standards?

2011 Damon Bulluck **, Jacob Hillyer***
2012 Anthony Gair***
2013 AJ Jones**, Nic Shimonek***
2014 Mic Ellis**, Josh Jackson**
2015 Angelo Garbutt***, Justin Jinning**, Emmanuel Egwo***

I wouldn't consider 10 players in the last 5 years, with half being 2 stars, as a regular pipleline to into TX. I'd actually say that going back into the 80's these are sub standard results.

since Jinnings was a grade 76 3* by ESPN and 147th best player in the state, and I see as usual you leave out the best player from TX in WR Smith a TX Top 100 player. oh wait why mention him as it would shoot your bitching out the window.
4 recruits out of a class of 21 were from TX. cv

as for you 254 what is so hard to understand about this can't you get thru your thick head.

IA JUST HIRED A STAFF DEDICATED {STRICTLY} DOR RECRUITING? how f'n hard is that TO UNDERSTAND?

since Jinnings was a grade 76 3* by ESPN and 147th best player in the state, and I see as usual you leave out the best player from TX in WR Smith a TX Top 100 player. oh wait why mention him as it would shoot your bitching out the window.

as for you 254 what is so hard to understand about this can't you get thru your thick head.

IA JUST HIRED A STAFF DEDICATED {STRICTLY} DOR RECRUITING? how f'n hard is that TO UNDERSTAND?
How big is this recruiting staff? Who's on it, and what is their experience with football in general? How does our staff compare to other schools staffs?

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:

How big is this recruiting staff? Who's on it, and what is their experience with football in general? How does our staff compare to other schools staffs?
I think what is being referred to is that the NCAA doesn't restrict the number of office staff/assistants a program has to 'help out' with recruiting. I think I heard the Saban has used that as a loophole for years to have several dozen people on staff assisting each coach in organizing, following prospects, and various other aspects of recruiting. H2222 must be saying that Ferentz has hired a bunch of people for this type of work as well, though I haven't heard anything about that.

Originally posted by Slappy Pappy:

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:

I think what is being referred to is that the NCAA doesn't restrict the number of office staff/assistants a program has to 'help out' with recruiting. I think I heard the Saban has used that as a loophole for years to have several dozen people on staff assisting each coach in organizing, following prospects, and various other aspects of recruiting. H2222 must be saying that Ferentz has hired a bunch of people for this type of work as well, though I haven't heard anything about that.
Yes, I knew Saban had bee doing this and other schools have an entire staff. I was asking Kilroy if he had any specifics or if he just had diarrhea of the mouth and didn't know what he was talking about. He seems to assume quite a bit, thus why I asked for specifics.

Honestly, I figured he'd just start throwing star ratings out at me
smokin.r191677.gif

So, Iowa just hired a dedicated staff strictly for recruiting. Well, this should help. I wonder how it is budgeted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT