ADVERTISEMENT

Reece Vander Zee

PP will have him on the DL in 2 yrs.
This is probably accurate. Phil knows how to coach.
Kirk knows how to manage an organization.
His coaching skills are long gone. He's a psycho.

GET ME MY GUM NOW!!

jim carrey christmas GIF

You have to think they are going to attempt to make him the next great Iowa TE don't you think?
Why people think that every 6'4" athlete needs to be converted to TE at Iowa is hard for me to understand. This kid has track speed and a 40" vertical. He and Parker are great adds to the WR room. An offensive coordinator like Kevin Johns will have a heyday with Brown, Anderson, Bostick, Buie, Howard and Mota plus these two from the 2024 class. Howard is not quite as fleet afoot and has a frame large enough to possibly bulk up to a TE but there is alot of talent in that room.

Why people think that every 6'4" athlete needs to be converted to TE at Iowa is hard for me to understand. This kid has track speed and a 40" vertical. He and Parker are great adds to the WR room. An offensive coordinator like Kevin Johns will have a heyday with Brown, Anderson, Bostick, Buie, Howard and Mota plus these two from the 2024 class. Howard is not quite as fleet afoot and has a frame large enough to possibly bulk up to a TE but there is alot of talent in that room.

Dude they’re just being their typical shitty selfs. They never relent….thats why I don’t😊

This is probably accurate. Phil knows how to coach.
Kirk knows how to manage an organization.
His coaching skills are long gone. He's a psycho.

GET ME MY GUM NOW!!

jim carrey christmas GIF
Coach Ferentz has more coaching knowledge in his pinky finger than you'll ever know. Read All's farewell letter speaking glowingly about how much he learned about football and life from coach Ferentz. From that GIF, you seem a bit unhinged.

Dude they’re just being their typical shitty selfs. They never relent….thats why I don’t😊

Who was our last 6’4 WR that made large impacts? History says this program is much better at utilizing guys that size at the TE position.

Coach Ferentz has more coaching knowledge in his pinky finger than you'll ever know. Read All's farewell letter speaking glowingly about how much he learned about football and life from coach Ferentz. From that GIF, you seem a bit unhinged.
Don’t you know by now message board posters are the real experts?

Again, that doesn’t fit people like @Sett1997 and their mantra.

Here’s the thing, we both know if message boards weren’t anonymous. They wouldn’t look like this.. if we knew every time a poster mailed it in at work, did something wrong, called in sick when he really went to play golf, screwed up a project, crashed the car got in trouble from his boss, Wife, law, etc. they wouldn’t talk like this because they know there would be backlash.

Who was our last 6’4 WR that made large impacts? History says this program is much better at utilizing guys that size at the TE position.
Brandon Smith played the X at 6'2", who went on to Dallas. I think he is with the Cardinals now.

Last edited:

That's your take on what @NCHawkeye24 posted, that he's being shitty? I thought it was a legit comment, I bet they do end up making him a TE. Years ago I believe Chandler came in as a WR and ended up a TE. If you think everyone is being "shitty", you might want to step away from the board for a while.

That's your take on what @NCHawkeye24 posted, that he's being shitty? I thought it was a legit comment, I bet they do end up making him a TE. Years ago I believe Chandler came in as a WR and ended up a TE. If you think everyone is being "shitty", you might want to step away from the board for a while.

Where did I say “everyone” and I thought I referenced Gunner, annd his query if “everyone” And Chandler was never going to be a WR….

Big miss….. you should know 80% of everybody on here I think are fantastic human beings… And if I bother the other 20% good for me!

Where did I say “everyone” and I thought I referenced Gunner, annd his query if “everyone” And Chandler was never going to be a WR….

Big miss….. you should know 80% of everybody on here I think are fantastic human beings… And if I bother the other 20% good for me!
Gunner's response was to NCHawkeye24 and when your reply was they're just being their shitty self, it would seem you were making that statement about who Gunner responded to. In this thread you've posted a number of times about other posters being "shitty" or "douches".

Last edited:
Reactions: shudaddy
Take a look at what the Bills did with a kid named Dalton Kinkead. A total TE body but can play pretty much anywhere
Certainly not saying this kid can be that, but if he has speed to go with the build and jump……
Having Allen throwing helps but terrific hands.

Rock Rapids, Central Lyon, West Lyon- don’t know anything about except that they need to keep producing great Hawkeyes.

Gunner's response was to NCHawkeye24 and when your reply was they're just being their shitty self, it would seem you were making that statement about who Gunner responded to. In this thread you've posted a number of times about other posters being "shitty" or "douches".

He didn’t say one poster he said why do “people” always…it’s a skill

With a new OC and WR coach, especially if it’s Johns, I think it’s only fair that you wipe the slate clean.

The videos I’ve seen, I think his burst and agility are really good for someone who’s 6’5”. Is it good enough to play WR, that I don’t know. If he can get up to 230# while maintaining the burst, he could be our version of Brock Bowers, and that arouses me.

Reactions: swagsurfer02
I wasn't being shifty, it was merely an observation and prediction. I have no idea where he ends up. Athleticism is a plus at every position. There are a couple of reasons why I said that though. First of all, from the very very limited about of video I have seen on him he does not seem to be extraordinarily quick. Big difference between quick and fast. He may be quicker than average, but is he nfl caliber 6'4" x receiver quick? From my un-trained eyes I say no.

So that leads into the second reason. Maybe it is the bias that I have against white kids at some positions like x receiver, but there is a lot of competition at that position and he just doesn't strike me as having the quicks to rise to the top of that list. But, if he packs on a few pounds and utilizes that same athleticism at the TE position, at Iowa of all places, the field gets dramatically smaller and could be a first rounder and follow the same path of kittle, hock and soon to be LaPorta.

Again, not knowing anything else about him and not seeing him play in person, but seems like the odds of him being successful are much more favorable at the TE position than the WR position.

Reactions: SB_SB
He didn’t say one poster he said why do “people” always…it’s a skill

Since he responded to that poster, he was obviously including the poster in his comments. Whether you want to include others, that's your choice. Maybe you need to work on your skills a little. By the way, I happen to go into one of the Sanfort threads and you were complaining about posters there too.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Since he responded to that poster, he was obviously including the poster in his comments. Whether you want to include others, that's your choice. Maybe you need to work on your skills a little. By the way, I happen to go into one of the Sanfort threads and you were complaining about posters there too.

Of course…same whiny bitches!!!

A couple more points on this subject. Brecht was a 6' 4" WR with similar skills as Vander Zee. Injuries and Baseball ended his football career. He had good size and 4.4 speed.

Hockensen and LaPorta were both WR's in high school with huge reception numbers who were brought in to be TE's. Larger frames but not the speed of a Vander Zee.

A couple more points on this subject. Brecht was a 6' 4" WR with similar skills as Vander Zee. Injuries and Baseball ended his football career. He had good size and 4.4 speed.

Hockensen and LaPorta were both WR's in high school with huge reception numbers who were brought in to be TE's. Larger frames but not the speed of a Vander Zee.

Is it really that much of a stretch to think he could end up a TE? It might be in his best interest to be a TE if he wants to move on to the NFL. Brecht came in to play two sports so for baseball he probably didn't want to grow to the size of a TE. Had he just played FB, maybe things would be different.

Reactions: obfuscating
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT