ADVERTISEMENT

Ronna McDaniel Be Gone

Not remotely true.
And the idiots who caravanned to the border are seeing that, firsthand.

You, however, are too far down the rabbit hole to understand any of it.
Ive tried to explain this to you. What you believe is wrong. Period. Open your mind. Educated yourself. Read more. Listen. Do better.

Youre so all in on the leftists BS you cant see the forest.

Reactions: warriors dad
Most are deported back, Cletus.
Ill need a source. Because this is wrong.

Most-
greatest in amount, quantity, or degree:

Prove to me most border apprehensions are deported back.

Back being the key word. If you mean, enter into deportation proceedings and get released to the interior of the US, maybe. If you mean that they get sent back to Mexico forthwith, wrong. If you actually mean expelled wrong. If you mean arrested, wrong.

Deportations 2017: 101,000
Deportations 2018: 160,000

Deportations 2023: 142,000

Not even actual data will sway the simply mind beholden to the propaganda they want to hear....
Now do border crossing encounters, for these years and calculate a percentage for me. Ill wait for your reply.

Ill get back to this all later. I have a life to live.

Reactions: warriors dad
Now do border crossing encounters

You were talking about Biden not deporting people.
He is.

I've already explained to you that encounters are UP because a US economy outpacing much of the world is a big draw for us. So, I suppose Biden could crash the economy to slow them down (which it would), but then you'd get all pissypants about a bad economy.

Maybe not. If the Rs lose to this joker in the Oval Office now, we will know who to blame. Squarely.

I have long asserted that Trump may be the only candidate right now that could possibly lose to this clown.

I caucused for Haley. She lost.
I disagree that he is the only candidate that Biden could beat. However, he is the only Republican that will guarantee they lose. He is likely to be a convicted felon before the election. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only reason Haley is still running is because after Trump gets convicted there's a chance the GOP may actually remove him from being their candidate and she would be the person they turn to as the only one left standing with votes. I'm not 100% that the GOP would remove Trump though, even if he were convicted and even if he were immediately put in jail.

Reactions: Tom Paris
See below. That legislation is a joke. Period.

REMAIN IN MEXICO.
remain in mexico is a band aid...it ground the asylum process to a halt, which is not consistent with immigration law.

of the 45,000+ people subject to remain in mexico policy, 11 were eventually granted asylum. this is simply not a serious long term solution to the problem

the long term solution is to fix the legislation

Reactions: sober_teacher
She should be replaced with someone related to Trump. Only the best for the Republican Party

You guys might be shocked to learn the odds on favorite is an election denier

do-revenge-im-shocked.gif

Yes. I think he is singularly responsible for some candidates losing by selecting and supporting losers and costing the election to some that should have won.

But Biden himself is responsible for this resurgence. If he were not so bad, we wouldnt be where we are. At a place that so many are considering a candidate with so much obvious baggage and seeing him as better than what we have.

2024 will not be a blood bath as many have predicted. @MitchLL as an example. Guess we will see. A lot of time between now and November.
The Republican House since January 2023 has been the most incompetent legislative body in my lifetime.

I see no scenario where Republicans maintain the majority in November. That's my "bloodbath" reference.

As far as Presidential voting, with the electoral college, it will likely come down to the same 5-7 States as 2020.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Let's be frank. Her record of winning in politics is just as bad or worse than BFs in football. In no normal scenario does she get to keep her job. I've personally wanted her canned for some time. I always assumed the reason she kept her job was because of Trumps support. Either that was never the case or she lost his support. In any case, good riddance.

LOL yes because she had more to do with winning/losing than Trump who in almost any non-incumbent race hand picked the candidate.

Reactions: Joes Place
Nope. He is their party. Whatever he says, they either need to go along with it, or be insulted by Trump and his followers online.

Conservatism as a movement is dead in this country. It's now the Trump cult.

It's people who view Trump as a God who must be obeyed in all things and people who don't.

Reactions: McLovin32
So a positive US economy creates "asylum" seekers?,.. interesting.
A strong US economy encourages immigration.

Legal or illegal.

And FWIW, immigration into our workforce is identified as contributing substantially to our economic growth. Look that one up if you need to.

I've got news for you, the Republicans were pissed at her back in 22. They felt she didn't do her job and didn't get the red wave they thought should've happened. While Trump may have had a part in her firing, she was on very shaky ground with the party.

So, are you Democrats making comments on here because you feel she was let go? Or are you really pissed about it because she didn't have a good record with her job and she was giving you a easier pathway to election wins?
We also should have had a better "Ground Game." All of the nonsense with mail-in ballots etc.,,etc. needed to be countered. I did not see that any effort in that direction was extended ... anywhere in the country.

That Red Wave should have happened, but instead we ended up with a completely unmanageable House Majority and an ineffective Senate leadership. We won both houses, but at the end of the day, they were both neutered.

... and what is this nonsense of having a formally elected House Member almost immediately being voted out of office by the House? I know that he was a dirtball of sorts, but the Democratic leadership is certainly more unethical than he was.

Wasn't it her job to protect his seat if not him per se? Shouldn't she have at least had conversations with those Republicans who were going to go along with this abomination of the Democratic belief system?

Reactions: Sharky1203
Because now we are pivoting towards a general election. Prior to that we have a divided party in regard to allegiances. Her departure then doesn't make as much sense as it does now.

In any case, why does it matter to you? I'm sure you'd rather she stayed on, given her record of failure.

What divided party? The number of republicans who publicly oppose trump are few, scattered, and being forced out of office.

Believe it or not, I care because I WANT a genuine choice in elections. I don’t believe that exists with a Trump-led GOP.

You guys might be shocked to learn the odds on favorite is an election denier

Good move. Turn the party apparatus over to a guy who will make Trump's ego happy, and someone who will run an election strategy focuses on 2020 versus stuff independents and the 112 moderate Republicans left in this country care about.

Why should legitimate ballots not be counted?
The point I was attempting to make was that the Republican campaign management folks should have seen to it that more legitimate Republican mail-in ballots were cast.

Legitimate votes should indeed be counted, and I am sure that all of the legitimate Democratic mail-in ballots were indeed counted ... along with quite a few illegitimate ballots.

Last edited:
I didnt support Trump nor vote for him in the primary. yet he seems headed toward an election in November vs Biden nonetheless. It is his party for the time being. Should be his last shot, win or lose. Personally I am glad for that.

Desreves the banner? I dont think so but here we are. And yes I will probably vote for him because Bidens lack of a secure border is killing this country and all he wants to do about it is somehow have the temerity to blame Republicans for it. Bidens a tool. Own up to your failures and fix it FFS.
Biden and a bi=partisan Senate group just offered House Republicans everything they have been demanding as a new border/immigration policy a few days ago…..but these Republicans said “No thanks! We need the issue more than the solution!” Trump wants to end America’s constitutional republic and will go to any length to guarantee it. Enjoy Trump’s World, Gus.

You were talking about Biden not deporting people.
He is.

I've already explained to you that encounters are UP because a US economy outpacing much of the world is a big draw for us. So, I suppose Biden could crash the economy to slow them down (which it would), but then you'd get all pissypants about a bad economy.
Wheres the data I asked you to provide? In support of your mistaken position?

I disagree that he is the only candidate that Biden could beat. However, he is the only Republican that will guarantee they lose. He is likely to be a convicted felon before the election. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only reason Haley is still running is because after Trump gets convicted there's a chance the GOP may actually remove him from being their candidate and she would be the person they turn to as the only one left standing with votes. I'm not 100% that the GOP would remove Trump though, even if he were convicted and even if he were immediately put in jail.
He wont be convicted of a felony before election day.

The point I was attempting to make was that the Republican campaign management folks should have seen to it that more legitimate Republican mail-in ballots were cast.
So, they should have got more people to vote Republican.
Irrespective of whether those were mail-in, absentee or in-person.

Yeah....that might have won an election for them, all right....

remain in mexico is a band aid...it ground the asylum process to a halt, which is not consistent with immigration law.

of the 45,000+ people subject to remain in mexico policy, 11 were eventually granted asylum. this is simply not a serious long term solution to the problem

the long term solution is to fix the legislation
Sure it is. Obviously only 11 qualified for asylum. Immigrate here the way people have done for generations.

Make your case, wait your turn etc. That is the only reasonable solution. The asylum seekers wont claim asylum if they know there is little chance of success and need to remain in Mexico.

People should not be able to enter the US unless they have done it properly. File for asylum. Wait for it to be adjudicated. Or....apply for immmigration and go thru the process as some of my ancestors did.

I am for immigration. We need people that want to work. But there is no reason you cant do this right. Unless you are a drug dealer, terrorist, criminal or a rare legit asylum seeker. With very strict rules like were in place during the Trump administration.

I simply cannot see how anyone could be for the process we have now. Its an abject failure by any measure.

What divided party? The number of republicans who publicly oppose trump are few, scattered, and being forced out of office.

Believe it or not, I care because I WANT a genuine choice in elections. I don’t believe that exists with a Trump-led GOP.
Which Republican would you vote for then? Of those running? Because if you intend to vote Biden over all the Republican candidates then what you think matters little. Really.

Democrats dont get to choose the Republican candidate. I am not a Trump fan but I dont complain the democrats choose dumbass Biden over those running in 2020.

Frankly, personally, I cant believe that the Democrats support Biden. Just as you cant believe Republican's support Trump. Biden is a policy failure, he has advancing dementia, and he's a joke around the world. No nation in the world fears a Biden presidency. This isnr even discussing he's a grifter along with his son.

Frankly, personally, I cant believe that the Democrats support Biden.

What about Biden is so "horrible"?

Do you need the list of his accomplishments thus far as a reminder here?

A few:

• Major infrastructure Bill passed. Trump blabbered about Infrastructure Week for 4 straight years, and got NOTHING passed. Biden negotiated a major infrastructure bill.
  • Inflation Reduction Act; that's going to lower energy costs for Main St Americans for the next 2 decades, pumping more income directly back into the economy for products and services, NOT energy costs.
  • Ukraine support and rallying NATO back together; you must support Russia if you do not support his efforts on Ukraine. Are you a Putin-lover? Commie?
  • Medicaid drug pricing negotiation; something that's been overdue for YEARS
  • Among the lowest inflation rates for most Western nations following Covid.
  • HIGHEST GDP growth among nearly all Western countries.

What are the things you DON'T like that he's accomplished? He's certainly not perfect, and there might be better people to run the country. But I can get behind every one of the items I'd listed above.

What pisses you off so badly that you'd prefer Trump?

Reactions: ParkerHawk
Biden and a bi=partisan Senate group just offered House Republicans everything they have been demanding as a new border/immigration policy a few days ago…..but these Republicans said “No thanks! We need the issue more than the solution!” Trump wants to end America’s constitutional republic and will go to any length to guarantee it. Enjoy Trump’s World, Gus.
This asnt everything they wanted. Not even close.

From my perspective it has little to protect our border.

I want a bill that say remain in Mexico and closes the border. Apply to be an immigrant. Apply for asylum. Wait your turn. No automatic entry for anyone.

Then establish quotas for entry. Run background checks, look at a persons skills and what they offer the US. Consider if one has first degree relatives here. Have a plan for where you are going to live and how you make that work.

This isnt unreasonable.

Which Republican would you vote for then? Of those running? Because if you intend to vote Biden over all the Republican candidates then what you think matters little. Really.

Democrats dont get to choose the Republican candidate. I am not a Trump fan but I dont complain the democrats choose dumbass Biden over those running in 2020.

Frankly, personally, I cant believe that the Democrats support Biden. Just as you cant believe Republican's support Trump. Biden is a policy failure, he has advancing dementia, and he's a joke around the world. No nation in the world fears a Biden presidency. This isnr even discussing he's a grifter along with his son.
It's a moot point to ask which Republican I'd vote for currently - 1st, because it's Trump's party until proven otherwise so no other candidate matters. The few Republicans I'd consider are from the ever-dwindling Never-Trump wing of the party, such as Hogan, Sununu, Kasich. Haley would at least be someone I can live with.

I decided on Jan 6th that no Republican would stood by Trump after that would ever get my vote again. I'd love to have someone other than Biden running for the Dems; and imo if Trump weren't running again i don't believe he would be either. But Biden vs Trump isn't even a decision - on his absolute worst day, if everything you believe about him is true; he's still 1,000x better in every respect than Trump. and THAT isn't even worth discussing.

Reactions: globalhawk
The actual law requires you to be inside the US to make the asylum claim.
Yep. True. And the fence is actually inside the US by a few meters. So all one needs to do is come up to the fence and claim asylum. This meets the requirement of being inside the US. Surprised you didnt know that or acknowledge it if you did.

• Haha
Reactions: sober_teacher
This asnt everything they wanted. Not even close.
It was also the best possible deal they were ever going to get. Langford isn't someone who'd have settled for scraps and as an immigration hawk on the right, he publicly stated many times they got much of what they'd been asking for.

Quite honestly, a bill that neither side is 100% thrilled with is how it's supposed to work. It's called compromise.

So all one needs to do is come up to the fence and claim asylum.

Sure, Jan.

You just "tell the fence" you want asylum.
You're simply not serious on this topic, and down the Rabbit Hole of MAGA Misinformation.

We'll just call you Miss Information from here on out. It'll help to clear things up for the newer posters here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT