ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question: Optimism about any Hawkeye sports this coming year?

What?!? When the hell has men’s basketball exceeded expectations?!?!? I expected the same ol’ 13+ dog shit this season and that’s what I got. 15+ losses next season. It’s absolute garbage.
You should really follow another team. It will be better for your health. They do, almost always, exceed expectations and that is because they are always expected to be in the middle of the pack. They won 5-6 more games this year than I thought they would.

I think football has a chance to be good but the schedule is certainly tougher. Basketball is a real puzzle. I'm not crazy about their chances but I almost never am at this time of the year. Women's basketball will be very good again with the addition of the #3 scorer in the country. She should flourish in Lisa's fast pace offense. Wrestling will be good but big ten champs or national champs are the expectations many years. Hard to live up to that. Baseball will always be decent under Heller. Just tough to get over the hump into the playoffs. Softball has a good coach and is developing some young talent. They will continue to improve. I'm always excited to follow the Hawks and grow tired of the doomsday folks that post here. Seems they always look for the worse so they can bitch.

You should really follow another team. It will be better for your health. They do, almost always, exceed expectations and that is because they are always expected to be in the middle of the pack. They won 5-6 more games this year than I thought they would.
They finished 8th in a 14 team league. Isn't that middle of the pack?

Football will compete. Any team with the defense they have will compete. So we will see wins and they likely will end up above .500. From all appearances the offense will be different so there is hope that it will be better (it can't be worse, right?). So I think there is some hope for football. If he can just get double the production (it's not as much as you think when you look at last year's production) from the offense then Iowa will compete for a conference championship.

Women's basketball should make the NCAA tourney. They obviously won't be as good as the last two years but they will be a force in the Big 10.

Men's basketball.....well, they shouldn't be worse than they were this year and hopefully we get to see Freeman develop an outside shot. But they are one or two players away from being good. If things go well for them they could be a two bye team in the conference tournament though and making the NCAA is certainly possible.

Wrestling....pretty tough to be worse than this year. I don't know how the recruiting was though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT