ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP- Hall to OTC?

Sounds like we need to greatly expand the OTC and get rid of High School wrestling all together. No reason to have the middle schoolers wasting time in the local room either. Would hate to have all the "can't miss" phenoms get bored after all.................

Especially since no one that has ever wrestled at their High School, then went straight to College and either redshirted or didn't, has had any success in College or afterwards. Too bored I suppose. If only they had chosen the OTC route, man, what could have been.

And I vividly remember OTC members Derek Garcia and Destin McCauley's epic NCAA Finals last year at 165, after McCauley stuck Alex Dieringer in the Semi's, and Garcia tech falled Isaac Jordan on the other side. That was some awesome wrestling....................

Yep, better hit the OTC or you'll fall by the wayside. LOL! Too late for Kemerer I suppose, who's gonna tell him not to bother showing up in Iowa City next year?

I am betting that you never wrestled a day in your life. You blabbed your mouth for what, 4 or 5 paragraphs and really said nothing. Are you disagreeing that he would be far better off with the world class workout partners at the OTC than killing high school kids on a daily basis or are you agreeing with me.

Reactions: DirkTang
Sloe...you are usually an evenhanded source of grounded wisdom whom I usually agree with so I don't get your position. Comparing Mark Hall to Destin McCauley is apples and oranges (or any of the others)...those two aren't even close. Hall just beat Jason Nolf, who most agree probably could have AA'd this year, and pretty much owns any top notch competition. In Folkstyle, he put a whooping on Anthony Valencia at Who's #1. Hall has lived a nomadic life pursuing the sport going from Michigan, to Kentucky, to Minnesota. By all accounts, Hall is also a great student whereas I don't know if McCauley was even interested in next level academics. If going to his senior prom was important to him, he would probably do it. It's clear, from interviews and his actions, that he has an unusual dedication to wrestling and is great at it. Yes, he has the potential to be a once in a generation type wrestler. I compare him to a young genius who is wasting time spending 8 hours in a classroom where he is peerless.

By potentially doing this, he constantly is seeking new challenges for himself and wants to improve. How many kids his age have that kind of drive? Shouldn't we be encouraging that instead of spending the summer doing bong hits and playing Call of Duty? He is exactly the type of guy we need in our room. We have a few of them but we need more. As you would say though, it's your opinion so like it or lump it...but on this one we part ways.

Reactions: el dub and DirkTang
I am betting that you never wrestled a day in your life. You blabbed your mouth for what, 4 or 5 paragraphs and really said nothing. Are you disagreeing that he would be far better off with the world class workout partners at the OTC than killing high school kids on a daily basis or are you agreeing with me.

He's disagreeing with you. He's said it several times--he doesn't see a benefit to facing top notch completion every day in practice and focusing on wrestling. Kyle Snyder was basically good enough to make the NCAA finals in elementary school.

Reactions: DirkTang
He's disagreeing with you. He's said it several times--he doesn't see a benefit to facing top notch completion every day in practice and focusing on wrestling. Kyle Snyder was basically good enough to make the NCAA finals in elementary school.

So, he's clueless. That's what I thought.

Reactions: SPOONER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT