ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Washingtons AD (Troy Dannen) to become Nebraska’s new a AD…

Note he only became Washington's AD last Oct. That's right, he was Washington's AD for 6 months.

Just enough time for him to lose the fb coach, and fire the bb coach. 6 months. He was Tulane's AD for 5 years before that. Quite the "splash."

Meh… he’s originally from Iowa and wanted to be close to family is what’s being reported… Matt Rhule and he also apparently have past relationship. They also hired a new president today it sounds like. Heavy hitter fundraiser from what I’ve read.

We’ll see how it shakes out, but looking more and more like this was planned departure for the previous AD. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Meh… he’s originally from Iowa and wanted to be close to family is what’s being reported… Matt Rhule and he also apparently have past relationship. They also hired a new president today it sounds like. Heavy hitter fundraiser from what I’ve read.

We’ll see how it shakes out, but looking more and more like this was planned departure for the previous AD. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trev was known to be frustrated, but not planned. He was known to have commissioner ambitions, but TAM is an odd fit. Last week all lit a match under leadership to get the AD and president replacements done quickly. There was a lot of interest supposedly. Dennan likely reached out when it became open and we jumped at it. We have no coaches needing to be replaced, so the focus is on building relationships and eventually the south stadium rebuild (ie fund raising). The new president is currently the president of the UN Med Center in Omaha which is building like crazy. He is 71, so likely will focus on the same as the AD, get us back in the AAU by likely rolling the UNMC under UNL (the problem for the AAU was the med separate from the school), and then have a gradual transition 3-5 years down the road. Trev leaving will turn out to be a great thing in the long run.

Note he only became Washington's AD last Oct. That's right, he was Washington's AD for 6 months.

Just enough time for him to lose the fb coach, and fire the bb coach. 6 months. He was Tulane's AD for 5 years before that. Quite the "splash."
He hired the Arizona football coach, which was a home run

Husker Nation is very happy. Trev leaving is turning out to be great. Good riddance to him. He got pushback from higher-ups and boosters having fundraising fatigue, so he quit and ran.
Husker Nation is dumber than a box of rocks, though. You guys act excited about every hire you make no matter what. Remember the euphoria for Frosty? Hawkeye Nation thinks it's pretty funny that a true husker like Trev told y'all to go fvck yourselves.

Husker Nation is dumber than a box of rocks, though. You guys act excited about every hire you make no matter what. Remember the euphoria for Frosty? Hawkeye Nation thinks it's pretty funny that a true husker like Trev told y'all to go fvck yourselves.
Iowa fans are way worse. We make good hires. All sports running quite well with football coming back. Iowa barely beat us at our worst last few years and act like they won the natty (which they have never sniffed). Luckily you didn't get us annually for the last several decades. Just glad we don't have too many dicks like you as a fan, a prickly racist basketball coach, a dinosaur football coach, copycat Steeler unis, and like to hold hands. You are a very bitter angry person.

Last edited:
Iowa fans are way worse. We make good hires. All sports running quite well with football coming back. Iowa barely beat us at our worst last few years and act like they won the natty (which they have never snifted). Luckily you didn't get us annually for the last several decades. Just glad we don't have too many dicks like you as a fan, a prickly racist basketball coach, a dinosaur football coach, copycat Steeler unis, and like to hold hands. You are a very bitter angry person.
So you're among the few dicks in your fanbase, then? Good to know.

Everyone expected Frost would work including the media, peers, his former teammates, etc. He could not develop and responded poorly to losing close games. Insiders have now said Trev had higher aspirations all along like being a commissioner. He supposedly reached out for the Big Ten job. He got pushback from politicians and boosters regarding a big stadium rebuild project he should have waited on. He quit in the middle of the night for the $. It was not about the school itself or anything.

So you're among the few dicks in your fanbase, then? Good to know.
My original post was nothing and said nothing about Iowa. The response was from one and I responded accordingly. I was just pointing out facts now. Fran is known as prickly. Look at the makeup of the team too. Compare him to calm Fred. Feretz is a great coach, but he still thinks it is 30 years ago. He bullies leadership to keep his son around too long. Just facts. I criticize ours the same way.

My original post was nothing and said nothing about Iowa. The response was from one and I responded accordingly. I was just pointing out facts now. Fran is known as prickly. Look at the makeup of the team too. Compare him to calm Fred. Feretz is a great coach, but he still thinks it is 30 years ago. He bullies leadership to keep his son around too long. Just facts. I criticize ours the same way.
Nah, you lowered yourself to mudslinging after the first insult. You showed your true colors immediately, although it's very in character for someone in your fanbase to be unwilling or unable to admit that.

Nah, you lowered yourself to mudslinging after the first insult. You showed your true colors immediately, although it's very in character for someone in your fanbase to be unwilling or unable to admit that.
Wait, what?
What would you have done in his situation?
I'm not a fan of Nebby by any means but Hawkin KC was the first offender and an Iowa fan.
First volley was from Iowa fan.

Wait, what?
What would you have done in his situation?
I'm not a fan of Nebby by any means but Hawkin KC was the first offender and an Iowa fan.
First volley was from Iowa fan.
It's very easy to put someone in their place without resorting to adolescent name-calling. MH exposed himself as having low EQ, which is in conflict with the image he tries to portray on this board.

Iowa fans are way worse. We make good hires. All sports running quite well with football coming back. Iowa barely beat us at our worst last few years and act like they won the natty (which they have never sniffed). Luckily you didn't get us annually for the last several decades. Just glad we don't have too many dicks like you as a fan, a prickly racist basketball coach, a dinosaur football coach, copycat Steeler unis, and like to hold hands. You are a very bitter angry person.
Good hires? In what sport that matters? Hoiberg just made the tourney for the 1st time as a 9 seed with a bunch of transfers. He threw shit at the wall and it stuck. I have a hunch what that will look like going forward. Matt Rhule has never won anything. EVER. On any level. I swear, you would think Nebraska had been to the playoff the last 7 years instead of NOT EVEN MAKING A BOWL GAME.

Same AD that cut the baseball program from UNI
Uni operates in the red. A lot of red. They need to concentrate of sports that bring fans and families to campus to help generate future students.

Pumping money into a sport that requires massive travel long distances to get any games in doesn’t make sense.

I went to UNI when they had baseball. Both people in the stands were disappointed when it was dropped

Uni operates in the red. A lot of red. They need to concentrate of sports that bring fans and families to campus to help generate future students.

Pumping money into a sport that requires massive travel long distances to get any games in doesn’t make sense.

I went to UNI when they had baseball. Both people in the stands were disappointed when it was dropped

Last paragraph is a classic

I’ve known Troy for a long time and I think he will do a nice job in Lincoln.

I have no clue about the new AD, or Pres… But I’ve said on this board for some time to not sleep on MR. Look no farther than his 16th ranked 24 class. Hate to admit it, but I really like the guys temperament/energy level…too bad he’s a nub. Unfortunately, I think he’s building something.

Prediction…I will now be called a nub troll :(.

I have no clue about the new AD, or Pres… But I’ve said on this board for some time to not sleep on MR. Look no farther than his 16th ranked 24 class. Hate to admit it, but I really like the guys temperament/energy level…too bad he’s a nub. Unfortunately, I think he’s building something.

Prediction…I will now be called a nub troll :(.

I actually agree with you. Prediction fail, up to this point anyway.

Last edited:
lol…Nebby is actually lucky they didn’t play Iowa in football the last several decades as players like Bob Sanders, Matt Roth. Abdul Hodge, Jared DeVries, and Chad Greenway would have feasted on the husker offense. 😉

No, overall the Nebby board is a bit more delusional. Also, posters with other points of view don’t get banned here like they do over on the Neb board.

I can’t speak of the banning part but I have viewed their board many times. I stand by my statement. Have you been banned? If so did they tell you why?

Last edited:
If Iowa people are so horrible- why do you keep hiring inj in
if Iowa people are so horrible- why do you keep hiring Iowa people for AD’s?

I can’t speak of the banning part but I have viewed their board many times. I stand by my statement. Have you been banned? If so did they tell you why?
Yes, I was banned many years ago over there. Not told why, but suspect they didn’t like my opinions regarding the Husker football program. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT