ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Lee will medically forfeit from the wrestle back round

For Spencer Lee this entire season was truly a Hire-Wire Act. The damage to his knee(s) compromised not just his wrestling mobility, the knee injuries without question compromised his daily training/conditioning drills, the injuries adversely affected his weight-management preparations, and the injuries surely upset his dietary routine. Furthermore I would believe this past season had to be an emotional (psychological) roller-coaster for Spencer Lee.

A lot of stuff going on here for a young guy. Spencer Lee has handled adversity well. Spencer Lee handled this past University of Iowa wrestling season very well. Praise and Admiration.

656753_1_articlelarge_bn-776247_9493c632a7354a37b03e9756ff085247.jpg

Last edited:
I have no idea why he didn’t wrestle, but I think you finish the job if you’re physically able. You obviously disagree. I just don’t think that’s what TnT have always preached and what Iowa wrestling has always stood for. You finish the job.
So you recognize that TnT are high class guys that "always preach finishing the job" if you're able. You also apparently got coached by them so you know they're not ones to go against what they preach.

To me, that would add up to equal Spencer's situation must be pretty freaking bad for him to default out since I know TnT are high class guys that always talk about getting the next best thing.

But for you, some reason the only possibility is TnT are going against their values and Spencer is a quitter.

See the issue here?

I don’t think risk/reward ratio of whether or not you finish the job is the Iowa wrestling way. It’s not what’s always been preached by TnT.
So let's say he had a partial tear of his ACL, you would be OK that because it's the so called "Iowa Way," that he tore it completely wrestling for a meaningless 3rd place finish? All because he is supposed to tough it out and finish the job he now may not be able to chase another goal this year or maybe ever. You sound more and more like someone who lost a bet and/or is just mad he didn't get to see Lee wrestle again. Your comments are based on nothing more than emotion and have nothing to do with common sense and practical judgement.

So you recognize that TnT are high class guys that "always preach finishing the job" if you're able. You also apparently got coached by them so you know they're not ones to go against what they preach.

To me, that would add up to equal Spencer's situation must be pretty freaking bad for him to default out since I know TnT are high class guys that always talk about getting the next best thing.

But for you, some reason the only possibility is TnT are going against their values and Spencer is a quitter.

See the issue here?
I've said the whole time, if a new medical issue arose between the start of the semifinals and Saturday morning, then that's a great reason not to have wrestled Day 3 (E.G. Munoz tearing his knee in the semis). If he was physically unable, he obviously should not have wrestled, as I said. If you're saying that's the case, then fair enough.

Last edited:
So let's say he had a partial tear of his ACL, you would be OK that because it's the so called "Iowa Way," that he tore it completely wrestling for a meaningless 3rd place finish? All because he is supposed to tough it out and finish the job he now may not be able to chase another goal this year or maybe ever. You sound more and more like someone who lost a bet and/or is just mad he didn't get to see Lee wrestle again. Your comments are based on nothing more than emotion and have nothing to do with common sense and practical judgement.
If he already had the partial tear before wrestling in the semis, then yes he should have wrestled because he wrestled through it in the semis. You don't suddenly play risk/reward just because you're in the consis. You don't devalue any match. The next one is always the most important. You finish what you start. Yes, that is my opinion and yes, that has always been the "Iowa Way."

• Haha
Reactions: wrestlecrazy
That's some rich stuff. Acuhawk works his ass off and makes countless sacrifices of his time and effort to help the Iowa program, for no other reason than the fact that he cares about the program and the people in it. "Bootlick"? Dang, if only you knew how idiotic you sound.

To "call a spade a spade", one must actually know what a "spade" is. You obviously have no earthly idea what's going on with Spencer. Maybe consider the staggering level of your ignorance before making these high and mighty claims. Let it suffice to say you have no idea what you're talking about and the right decision was made. Spencer is one of the most mentally tough athletes I've ever seen. If you think he's going to medically default out of a tournament because he's sad, you haven't been paying very damn much attention over the last six years.

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion. Two things, though: 1) be careful not to pretend your opinion is anything remotely close to fact, because your opinion and fact are light years apart, and 2) anyone else has just as much of a right to tell you how ridiculously stupid your opinion is.... and that's exactly what I'm doing.
I didn't call him a bootlicker. I asked the question based on him assuming I had some malicious agenda just for holding the opinion that you should finish the tournament if you're physically able. I didn't know he was in the inner circle when I posted that. Good to know - definitely makes sense.

You're right. I don't know everything. That doesn't change what's right. If you're physically able, you finish the job. This is my opinion and what Iowa wrestling has always stood for since Gable (maybe even before Gable).

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, I fully agree.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
I have no idea why he didn’t wrestle, but I think you finish the job if you’re physically able. You obviously disagree. I just don’t think that’s what TnT have always preached and what Iowa wrestling has always stood for. You finish the job.
I think we have 2 different definitions of "physically able" and that is our sticking point. IF, and I do say if for clarity, he has re-injured his knee as many are speculating, it's already an injury that many DI wrestlers wouldn't even wrestle ANY of the tournament with.

So, yeah, I give him a pass when he wrestled with a serious injury to accomplish 2 goals and then didn't continue to wrestle with a serious injury when the rewards no longer outweigh the risks.

Did you ever wrestle with a torn ACL? With 2? How about after it happening 4 different times?

On top of all that, i would argue he "finished the job" as much as he could to that point considering his physical condition at that time. I would say you are mis-applying what you believe the Brands brothers "always preach", if you think the above doesn't and shouldn't come into consideration...

I think we have 2 different definitions of "physically able" and that is our sticking point. IF, and I do say if for clarity, he has re-injured his knee as many are speculating, it's already an injury that many DI wrestlers wouldn't even wrestle ANY of the tournament with.

So, yeah, I give him a pass when he wrestled with a serious injury to accomplish 2 goals and then didn't continue to wrestle with a serious injury when the rewards no longer outweigh the risks.

Did you ever wrestle with a torn ACL? With 2? How about after it happening 4 different times?

On top of all that, i would argue he "finished the job" as much as he could to that point considering his physical condition at that time. I would say you are mis-applying what you believe the Brands brothers "always preach", if you think the above doesn't and shouldn't come into consideration...
I do understand what you're saying. I do understand and have fully acknowledged how amazing his accomplishments have been throughout his career, especially given his extensive list of catastrophic knee injuries. I do fully acknowledge he has shown toughness and character all throughout his career in the way he has rebounded from those injuries and persevered through them. I just disagree with the risk/reward approach many are speculating may have been involve in the decision process, once he lost on Friday night. If nothing physically changed between beginning of semis and Saturday morning, then I think finishing the job means you wrestle on Day 3.

No, I have never torn an ACL. I can hardly imagine how difficult that must be to do what he has done. It is incredibly impressive. I am not attacking any of that, though it may seem to you that I am.

I didn't call him a bootlicker. I asked the question based on him assuming I had some malicious agenda just for holding the opinion that you should finish the tournament if you're physically able. I didn't know he was in the inner circle when I posted that. Good to know - definitely makes sense.

You're right. I don't know everything. That doesn't change what's right. If you're physically able, you finish the job. This is my opinion and what Iowa wrestling has always stood for since Gable (maybe even before Gable).

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, I fully agree.
That was a really solid post. I appreciate it. I think I misunderstood your argument to a degree. I apologize for getting defensive. After the events of the weekend with social media going after Cathy, etc., it’s easy to be extra defensive. Spencer and his family have gotten a really raw deal, and it pisses me off, to be frank. I appreciate your level-headed response to my defensive one.

I don’t think risk/reward ratio of whether or not you finish the job is the Iowa wrestling way. It’s not what’s always been preached by TnT.
What job wasn't finished? He made all American and a third place finish would've pulled Iowa within fifty points? I'm guessing the coaches told him to opt out.

I do understand what you're saying. I do understand and have fully acknowledged how amazing his accomplishments have been throughout his career, especially given his extensive list of catastrophic knee injuries. I do fully acknowledge he has shown toughness and character all throughout his career in the way he has rebounded from those injuries and persevered through them. I just disagree with the risk/reward approach many are speculating may have been involve in the decision process, once he lost on Friday night. If nothing physically changed between beginning of semis and Saturday morning, then I think finishing the job means you wrestle on Day 3.

No, I have never torn an ACL. I can hardly imagine how difficult that must be to do what he has done. It is incredibly impressive. I am not attacking any of that, though it may seem to you that I am.
I guess we can re-visit this if and when Spencer or Iowa give more information regarding the situation. If they decide not to, it is his right and then most of the arguments on here are basically no more than speculation on both sides...Until then, I think Spencer has EARNED the benefit of the doubt, wouldn't you think so?

For Spencer Lee this entire season was truly a Hire-Wire Act. The damage to his knee(s) compromised not just his wrestling mobility, the knee injuries without question compromised his daily training/conditioning drills, the injuries adversely affected his weight-management preparations, and the injuries surly upset his dietary routine. Furthermore I would believe this past season had to be an emotional (psychological) roller-coaster for Spencer Lee.

A lot of stuff going on here for a young guy. Spencer Lee has handled adversity well. Spencer Lee handled this past University of Iowa wrestling season very well. Praise and Admiration.

656753_1_articlelarge_bn-776247_9493c632a7354a37b03e9756ff085247.jpg
This. ^^ If Spencer simply had some run of the mill injury, then the thought that he should make a go of it for the good of the team, etc, might hold some water. But his story is almost unprecedented in terms of returning to the mat following multiple very significant knee injuries AND multiple related major surgeries.

Very, very few of us here know all that there is to know about this. I trust the decision(s) made and I am confident that when all of the factors were properly considered, the right course of action was taken. That he was wrestling at all this season is pretty awesome, none of us fans really have any room to second guess the decision not to continue after the semi loss.

Meanwhile, I am still gutted to see him miss the opportunity to win 4 title, but strangely, weirdly enough...it is partially because of these real situations that I love wrestling. It is raw, it is real, it is exhilarating and also in the next minute completely deflating. I still say that a healthy/fit Spencer wins with ease...that an impaired Spencer came so close to doing so is really a testament to his impressive skills as a wrestler. I am grateful to have been able to watch him as a Hawk and wish him well on his recovery and his future.

That was a really solid post. I appreciate it. I think I misunderstood your argument to a degree. I apologize for getting defensive. After the events of the weekend with social media going after Cathy, etc., it’s easy to be extra defensive. Spencer and his family have gotten a really raw deal, and it pisses me off, to be frank. I appreciate your level-headed response to my defensive one.
Totally fair, no worries. I'm not trying to degrade Spencer's career or character. I know it might seem that way, but I fully acknowledge he's accomplished more, while working through severe injuries, than most could ever dream. I just think this particular decision was not in line with traditional Iowa wrestling values IF he was physically able to go. I understand, it would seem, that I'm in the extreme minority of posters who feel that way, at least on this forum.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
I guess we can re-visit this if and when Spencer or Iowa give more information regarding the situation. If they decide not to, it is his right and then most of the arguments on here are basically no more than speculation on both sides...Until then, I think Spencer has EARNED the benefit of the doubt, wouldn't you think so?
Yes and we're not entitled to know. But hopefully more information does come out, as many people are wondering why he wasn't out there wrestling on Day 3 and that would erase any need for 'benefit of the doubt' talk.

• Haha
Reactions: Gobblin
Holy sh!t just drop it. Spencer, or the coaches, made a decision based on something. Hurt or not he was going to try and win 4 period. When he didn't and defaulted out, I can only assume it is injury, he did so because the risk was not worth the reward anymore. I have no clue how you cannot get that through your F'N head.

I appreciate that it must have been an astronomical blow to have his dreams crushed after all he went through to get so close. I really do. But my point is that it doesn’t matter how sad you are, the right thing is to finish the job if you physically can. I know that sounds harsh, but that’s how I see it. I empathize, but it doesn’t change what’s right.
Actually, you DO NOT KNOW what the RIGHT THING to do was. You have an opinion without any information.

Again.........YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT. Even though you state you know what is right.

as many people are wondering why he wasn't out there wrestling on Day 3 and that would erase any need for 'benefit of the doubt' talk.

You’re on a forum where Spencer does not have to prove anything to any of the Hawkeye fans. There is a good reason why he didn’t wrestle. He’s earned that right. Go to Facebook and Twitter and insinuate he’s a “quitter.” You’ll have a much more receptive audience.

Actually, you DO NOT KNOW what the RIGHT THING to do was. You have an opinion without any information.

Again.........YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT. Even though you state you know what is right.
Easy killer. Everyone knows it’s not right to default out of a tournament if you’re physically able to compete. That’s why it’s being discussed all over right now. I’ve seen this forum raise a stink about it when other schools and athletes have done it at big tens, world team trials, etc. Quit blowing smoke.

• Haha
Reactions: Gobblin
The U of I press release said he withdrew for medical reasons. That's enough for this Hawk fan.

Considering you wrestled for "TNT", you likely have their phone numbers but I've pasted their email addresses below to help in your quest. Please contact them directly and get back to “the many folks wanting to know”:

tom-brands@hawkeyesports.com
terry-brands@hawkeyesports.com

Truth is you aren’t an Iowa fan, let alone a former Hawkeye wrestler of Tom & Terry Brands…

The U of I press release said he withdrew for medical reasons. That's enough for this Hawk fan.

Considering you wrestled for "TNT", you likely have their phone numbers but I've pasted their email addresses below to help in your quest. Please contact them directly and get back to “the many folks wanting to know”:

tom-brands@hawkeyesports.com
terry-brands@hawkeyesports.com

Truth is you aren’t an Iowa fan, let alone a former Hawkeye wrestler of Tom & Terry Brands…
0 for 2. Nice try.

Easy killer. Everyone knows it’s not right to default out of a tournament if you’re physically able to compete. That’s why it’s being discussed all over right now. I’ve seen this forum raise a stink about it when other schools and athletes have done it at big tens, world team trials, etc. Quit blowing smoke.
This is your 30th post going over the same sh*t. Go see a doctor.

Hey Wahlberg: 30 posts in one thread. You are on a roll trying to make a point. From my perspective, Spencer put his heart and soul into this program. He often competed hurt or sick and made our team better for it. He helped us win our first team title in 10-years and didn't get knee surgery so he could compete for a team that had the chance to win and did win a national championship. He competed this year 10-months removed from double knee surgery, when it generally takes 11-12 months to return from one ACL repair let alone two. He did so, because he didn't want the Hawks to lose to Iowa State and if he doesn't wrestle that night we do lose. He won a national title after tearing his second ACL in the Big 10 final.... I could go on and on, but my point is that Spencer Lee has earned the benefit of doubt. He has represented the University of Iowa in a stellar manner. He has helped us recruit and was also a part of a culture change in the program. You can go on and on, but you cannot diminish him, as much as you try, the impact he has had on this program.

So, you can try for a record number of posts on a single thread. Keep up the key board warrior approach. I think the record is 35 posts on a single thread so you're close, don't fade now. Go for it. You seem intent on refuting any attempt to support the young man. Frankly, I think you sound like someone with an ax to grind. The Hawkeye Banquet is this week. Show up, put on a name tag with your real name on it versus your screen name that makes you very brave and easy to be so critical. Once inside the banquet room, take the microphone from Tom Brands and tell that crowd what you think of Spencer. Let them know that you know better than the coaches, trainers and the athletes themselves how to run a program. Let them know how much you disagree with the decision made and share with them your own uninformed perspective with those that truly know the why. Tell them that despite world, Olympic and team titles won by that coaching staff that you know best. Be determined. You posted 30 times on this thread. I challenge you to get 30 comments behind the podium after you rip the microphone from Tom's hands. Put your toe on the line, step up to the podium and engage those that you are being critical of or just be another key board warrior that is brave behind a keyboard and a screen name. Or, you can step up and put yourself out there in person and stand up for your convictions and show us that your more than a sad, scornful, weak, impotent and fetal positioned idiot in the face of any person-to-person exchanges.

Hey Wahlberg: 30 posts in one thread. You are on a roll trying to make a point. From my perspective, Spencer put his heart and soul into this program. He often competed hurt or sick and made our team better for it. He helped us win our first team title in 10-years and didn't get knee surgery so he could compete for a team that had the chance to win and did win a national championship. He competed this year 10-months removed from double knee surgery, when it generally takes 11-12 months to return from one ACL repair let alone two. He did so, because he didn't want the Hawks to lose to Iowa State and if he doesn't wrestle that night we do lose. He won a national title after tearing his second ACL in the Big 10 final.... I could go on and on, but my point is that Spencer Lee has earned the benefit of doubt. He has represented the University of Iowa in a stellar manner. He has helped us recruit and was also a part of a culture change in the program. You can go on and on, but you cannot diminish him, as much as you try, the impact he has had on this program.

So, you can try for a record number of posts on a single thread. Keep up the key board warrior approach. I think the record is 35 posts on a single thread so you're close, don't fade now. Go for it. You seem intent on refuting any attempt to support the young man. Frankly, I think you sound like someone with an ax to grind. The Hawkeye Banquet is this week. Show up, put on a name tag with your real name on it versus your screen name that makes you very brave and easy to be so critical. Once inside the banquet room, take the microphone from Tom Brands and tell that crowd what you think of Spencer. Let them know that you know better than the coaches, trainers and the athletes themselves how to run a program. Let them know how much you disagree with the decision made and share with them your own uninformed perspective with those that truly know the why. Tell them that despite world, Olympic and team titles won by that coaching staff that you know best. Be determined. You posted 30 times on this thread. I challenge you to get 30 comments behind the podium after you rip the microphone from Tom's hands. Put your toe on the line, step up to the podium and engage those that you are being critical of or just be another key board warrior that is brave behind a keyboard and a screen name. Or, you can step up and put yourself out there in person and stand up for your convictions and show us that your more than a sad, scornful, weak, impotent and fetal positioned idiot in the face of any person-to-person exchanges.
Yikes man. Get a grip. I’m saying I don’t agree with not wrestling back if you’re physically able. If that’s diminishing someone in your book, so be it. I’ve made errors. I don’t think everyone who disagrees with a decision I make is diminishing me.

A lot of people have responded to my posts and I respond back. That includes you now. Why do you care so much how many times I’ve responded? You’d rather everyone just agree with what you think or else stay quiet?

Do you tell everyone with a differing opinion to steal the mic at banquets or have I struck a nerve because there’s truth to what I’m saying and it doesn’t make you feel so nice? I don’t need to steal the mic from anyone. I don’t even know if I disagree with the decision because, like I’ve already stated, I agree with the decision If he was physically unable to go. Are you saying he was physically able? If so, then I do think it’s wrong that he didn’t wrestle. But that doesn’t mean I think I know more. It just means I think whoever made the call made a bad one. It happens.

And pretty much everyone on this board uses a screen name that isn’t their real name. Do you demand they all put their name out there too or just me because you don’t like my opinion?

I already said I think Spencer is amazing. I don’t see why it’s such a big deal to you that I think he should have wrestled if he was physically able.

31 posts. Keep it going. You're close to the record. You can do it. Yes, I have called out others on this forum before when being critical and hiding behind a screen name. I'm not being critical. These boards are great for offering perspectives, sharing information etc., but when you being critical, why not share with us all who you are, so we can all get to know you a little better. Yes, please do join the banquet this week. Speak to someone there that might be able to explain to you since you seem to care so much. Please do step up on stage and share your opinion with the room that truly does care about the athletes in that room. Why speculate so much on this forum. Again, 31 posts. And you keep posting the same thing and no one knows the why, so why do you keep posting? Do you have to get in the last word?

31 posts. Keep it going. You're close to the record. You can do it. Yes, I have called out others on this forum before when being critical and hiding behind a screen name. I'm not being critical. These boards are great for offering perspectives, sharing information etc., but when you being critical, why not share with us all who you are, so we can all get to know you a little better. Yes, please do join the banquet this week. Speak to someone there that might be able to explain to you since you seem to care so much. Please do step up on stage and share your opinion with the room that truly does care about the athletes in that room. Why speculate so much on this forum. Again, 31 posts. And you keep posting the same thing and no one knows the why, so why do you keep posting? Do you have to get in the last word?
You’re not going to scare me off by talking about the single-thread post record. You must live on these boards if you know what the record is. That’s crazy.

I can’t make it to the banquet. I don’t live in Iowa City anymore, but you seem to be in the know. Why don’t you share the reasoning behind the decision?

As I just told you, I post to share my views and in response to other peoples views, just like any discussion. Why do you post? Do you want to silence those with differing views? Do you feel threatened by my posts?

Okay, 32 posts. PABLOW had it right. get a doctor for your obvious obsessive compulsive disorder. You're very ill. My last note, so you can hit 33 as you will because you have to respond.... I get it. It's the only way you can feel relevent. The only people that can answer your question is in Iowa City. Get in your car and drive. Buy an airline ticket. Seek your answer from those that know the answer to your burning question. As far as me, see my first post I'm going to put you on ignore, because, well 32 posts says it all.

Okay, 32 posts. PABLOW had it right. get a doctor for your obvious obsessive compulsive disorder. You're very ill. My last note, so you can hit 33 as you will because you have to respond.... I get it. It's the only way you can feel relevent. The only people that can answer your question is in Iowa City. Get in your car and drive. Buy an airline ticket. Seek your answer from those that know the answer to your burning question. As far as me, see my first post I'm going to put you on ignore, because, well 32 posts says it all.
I put wahlberg on ignore yesterday.

You tell us

HIPAA Privacy Rule​

The Privacy Rule standards address the use and disclosure of individuals’ health information (known as protected health information or PHI) by entities subject to the Privacy Rule. These individuals and organizations are called “covered entities.”

The Privacy Rule also contains standards for individuals’ rights to understand and control how their health information is used. A major goal of the Privacy Rule is to make sure that individuals’ health information is properly protected while allowing the flow of health information needed to provide and promote high-quality healthcare, and to protect the public’s health and well-being. The Privacy Rule permits important uses of information while protecting the privacy of people who seek care and healing.

Covered Entities​

The following types of individuals and organizations are subject to the Privacy Rule and considered covered entities:

• Healthcare providers: Every healthcare provider, regardless of size of practice, who electronically transmits health information in connection with certain transactions. These transactions include:
    • Claims
    • Benefit eligibility inquiries
    • Referral authorization requests
    • Other transactions for which HHS has established standards under the HIPAA Transactions Rule.
  • Health plans:
    Health plans include:
    • Health, dental, vision, and prescription drug insurers
    • Health maintenance organizations (HMOs)
    • Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare+Choice, and Medicare supplement insurers
    • Long-term care insurers (excluding nursing home fixed-indemnity policies)
    • Employer-sponsored group health plans
    • Government- and church-sponsored health plans
    • Multi-employer health plans
Exception: A group health plan with fewer than 50 participants that is administered solely by the employer that established and maintains the plan is not a covered entity.

• Healthcare clearinghouses: Entities that process nonstandard information they receive from another entity into a standard (i.e., standard format or data content), or vice versa. In most instances, healthcare clearinghouses will receive individually identifiable health information only when they are providing these processing services to a health plan or healthcare provider as a business associate.
  • Business associates: A person or organization (other than a member of a covered entity’s workforce) using or disclosing individually identifiable health information to perform or provide functions, activities, or services for a covered entity.These functions, activities, or services include:
    • Claims processing
    • Data analysis
    • Utilization review
    • Billing
Top of Page

Permitted Uses and Disclosures​

The law permits, but does not require, a covered entity to use and disclose PHI, without an individual’s authorization, for the following purposes or situations:

• Disclosure to the individual (if the information is required for access or accounting of disclosures, the entity MUST disclose to the individual)
  • Treatment, payment, and healthcare operations
  • Opportunity to agree or object to the disclosure of PHI
    • An entity can obtain informal permission by asking the individual outright, or by circumstances that clearly give the individual the opportunity to agree, acquiesce, or object
  • Incident to an otherwise permitted use and disclosure
  • Limited dataset for research, public health, or healthcare operations
  • Public interest and benefit activities—The Privacy Rule permits use and disclosure of PHI, without an individual’s authorization or permission, for 12 national priority purposes:
  1. When required by law
  2. Public health activities
  3. Victims of abuse or neglect or domestic violence
  4. Health oversight activities
  5. Judicial and administrative proceedings
  6. Law enforcement
  7. Functions (such as identification) concerning deceased persons
  8. Cadaveric organ, eye, or tissue donation
  9. Research, under certain conditions
  10. To prevent or lessen a serious threat to health or safety
  11. Essential government functions
  12. Workers’ compensation
Top of Page

HIPAA Security Rule​

While the HIPAA Privacy Rule safeguards PHI, the Security Rule protects a subset of information covered by the Privacy Rule. This subset is all individually identifiable health information a covered entity creates, receives, maintains, or transmits in electronic form. This information is called electronic protected health information, or e-PHI. The Security Rule does not apply to PHI transmitted orally or in writing.

To comply with the HIPAA Security Rule, all covered entities must:

• Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all e-PHI
  • Detect and safeguard against anticipated threats to the security of the information
  • Protect against anticipated impermissible uses or disclosures that are not allowed by the rule
  • Certify compliance by their workforce
Covered entities should rely on professional ethics and best judgment when considering requests for these permissive uses and disclosures. The HHS Office for Civil Rights enforces HIPAA rules, and all complaints should be reported to that office. HIPAA violations may result in civil monetary or criminal penalties.

This is a crazy thread. For anyone to think that Spencer Lee is anything but the ultimate Hawkeye Warrior is insane. I think the coaches and SL know what they are doing. JMO
I just realized wallyburger is Crablegs the clown troll who has previously went after Tom Brands' kids, and Alex and Moriah Marinelli. He's a very nasty Hawk hater who posts very personal attacks. His latest thing was going after Ben Keuter for wrestling in the world championships instead of playing a post season baseball game. His argument there was exactly like what he's doing towards Spencer.

I doubt we here anything before the US Open on Spencer unless he for sure can't go to that.

I just realized wallyburger is Crablegs the clown troll who has previously went after Tom Brands' kids, and Alex and Moriah Marinelli. He's a very nasty Hawk hater who posts very personal attacks. His latest thing was going after Ben Keuter for wrestling in the world championships instead of playing a post season baseball game. His argument there was exactly like what he's doing towards Spencer.
No idea who Crablegs is? I’ve never posted anything about Kueter until this response. I think he’s incredible, for what it’s worth.

On a similar note though, I do find it interesting that Tpablow & Descatfish both came out with counting my # of posts within ten minutes of each other, especially since catfish posted after Pablo and his post was the length of a short story. Very interesting timing. Why would they both have the same idea at seemingly the same time? Is it common to count posts on this board? Not sure they’re the same person, but I do wonder if they frequent the same location. And if so, perhaps that’s why they seem to feel so threatened by my views… 🤔

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT