ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Lee

WEH8ST8HAWK

HR All-American
Jan 31, 2004
With all the talk about Hall I felt Spencer deserved his own thread. The kid will be a difference maker just like Hall and I think he would be doing himself a disservice if he doesn't become a Hawk. "Iowa, where the lightweights thrive." He will look great in that Black singlet.

Reactions: jurness and Huck
Man would he ever look solid in black and gold. I'm excited for this year's recruiting class. Lee is an absolute animal. Marnelli, Spencer, Hall, Young Yates, Happel. Yep that's a solid class to sign!

Reactions: Huck
No doubt Spencer deserves his own thread. Incredible talent. His attitude and approach to the sport seem to be a great fit for the Iowa program, too. Would love to see that young man in black and gold.

Spencer is a year younger than those guys. He's my #1 target, the next Stieber but better.

I'm probable alone in this one but I would be more excited for Lee signing than Hall. I'm a sucker for lightweights and I think if we signed him he'd be the 125lber we've ever had. Bold statement for sure, but he's that good. Maybe Lee and Mark Hall can talk about coming to Iowa this August when they are competing for a Junior World Championship in Brazil!

Reactions: DayHawk18
I'm probable alone in this one but I would be more excited for Lee signing than Hall. I'm a sucker for lightweights and I think if we signed him he'd be the 125lber we've ever had. Bold statement for sure, but he's that good. Maybe Lee and Mark Hall can talk about coming to Iowa this August when they are competing for a Junior World Championship in Brazil!

I think Lee was our Youngest Cadet World Champ ever from the United States and I bet he will be the youngest Junior World Champ, he's still 16.

I always get Lee and Suriano mixed up...but I'd love Suriano to sign with this up and coming class.

Iowa seems to always have a pretty solid contigent come tourney time but have been missing bonus point talent recently. Taylor and Ruth were the keys for penn st in their title runs! I do also have to admit Sanderson did a great job of having the entire team mentally prepared which Iowa has seemed to lack recently as well. We can always improve!

Reactions: MitchL
I agree, I think, with Good30. To me based just on his weight class... Lee seems more likely to earn bonus points come tourney time. While both are incredible talents.... Lee solidifies Iowa's presence in Pennsylvania if he comes here. Hall I don't think contributes to any "pipeline" scenario.

Hall contributes to a pipeline scenario because IMO he is a mutli-time national champion in the making. Not to mention his freestyle potential. Upper weight talent will be much more likely to come here to train with him. When is the last time Iowa has had someone like that above 149? That is the potential pipeline.

Reactions: andegre
I agree with the bonus point point of view in comparing Hall versus Lee. Someone told me that in Lee's 100 high school matches that he has had one match not won by bonus his freshman season against an opponent he technical falled later in the same freshman season. Last year he earned bonus in every match. Also, look at the rankings today on FLO, Lee is ranked #1 at 113 after having made the Junior world team at 110. He was ranked #1 all year last season and wrestled at 120. He basically wrestled up a weight an entire year and won the most competitive high school tournaments in the country and won all matches by bonus point victory up a weight class. I like his bonus point upside more than Hall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT