ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano to Rutgers?

edquinn06

HR All-American
Sep 25, 2014
IA-IL-WI

I just don't see this happening unless he can no longer make 125 and is homesick. He has a RS so with a full release he could use it next year and then have three years left after. I wonder if the captain of the f**bots would give him a release? Probably to Rutgers, but not a powerhouse.

Reactions: Knight563
I don't think the Big Ten allows in-conference transfers even with full release.
You can transfer within the Big Ten with a full release (Good luck with that!). This changed back in 2012. Not sure how scholarship money effects this. Maybe Cael can't keep all those promises after all.

B1G to B1G equals no competition until 1 academic year of enrollment at new school and loss of 1 of your years on the 5 year D1 clock. An available redshirt year would cover that loss of 1 year.

Edit* I previously stated no athletic money can be given during that 1 year. I may have that part wrong if a release is given.

Last edited:
B1G to B1G equals no competition until 1 academic year of enrollment at new school and loss of 1 of your years on the 5 year D1 clock. An available redshirt year would cover that loss of 1 year. Also no athletic money can be given during that 1 year.

Correct, he would still have his 3 years left after redshirting the sit out year and could accept scholly money after the sit out year too.

If true, would partially explain PSU recruiting both Teasdale and RBY. But color me skeptical until it actually happens.

Reactions: Gobblin
And as noted by Flo at the time of the Micic transfer, they thought he was going to lose a year due to Big Ten rules. Just for what it's worth.

"This decision says a lot about Stevan's Freestyle goals considering he will lose a year of d1 competition by transferring to another Big 10 School."

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/32712-stevan-micic-announces-college-decision#.WUw81oVOmEc
There was a lot of stuff going on with Micic though. If I remember correctly, Pariano was sent packing shortly before that. He may have gotten a special exemption that they just kept to themselves. I am amazed that we have not even heard any rumors in regards to what happened with Pariano.

There was a lot of stuff going on with Micic though. If I remember correctly, Pariano was sent packing shortly before that. He may have gotten a special exemption that they just kept to themselves. I am amazed that we have not even heard any rumors in regards to what happened with Pariano.

Yep, you are right. But I remember the initial thought was he was going to lose a year

Yep, you are right. But I remember the initial thought was he was going to lose a year

If only we knew someone in the wrestling media who is in position to be a good investigative resource on the subject.

I love IA Wrestle but in times like these I wish you would act like the premier wrestling media outlet you claim to be.

Reactions: csiebott
If only we knew someone in the wrestling media who is in position to be a good investigative resource on the subject.

I love IA Wrestle but in times like these I wish you would act like the premier wrestling media outlet you claim to be.

Seems harsh to expect a group of guys who cover the state of Iowa to investigate NW wrestling.

Perhaps the rumor needed to be re-floated to keep recruits on the line and when it is proven to not be true all scholarship money is spoken for, lineups have taken shape and the recruits are left with little choice and Mr. Clean shrugs and says 'dodgeball anyone?'

Perhaps the rumor needed to be re-floated to keep recruits on the line and when it is proven to not be true all scholarship money is spoken for, lineups have taken shape and the recruits are left with little choice and Mr. Clean shrugs and says 'dodgeball anyone?'
This is my opinion, too. Same reason PSU is showing Teske some love. Force Iowa to up it's offer..

This is my opinion, too. Same reason PSU is showing Teske some love. Force Iowa to up it's offer..

I would not be surprised...lots of gamesmanship in recruiting. Right now, PSU is the in crowd and so kids are happy to just be recruited by them. However, it goes both ways with Iowa and PSU recruits as well.

Makes a lot of sense as NJ has the best foot man in the medical community !

nyprexfeet.jpg

Not only that, RU has the Grease Trucks !

20140111-ru-hungry-truck-thumb-610x406-381627.jpg

PLUS, the Jersey Shore only 45 minutes away !

nj-guido.com+3-Freaks2-600x450.jpg

19399257_10209057116288602_7391862368956371205_n.jpg

I didn't mention anything when I first heard it, but this now the 3rd time I've heard this was a possibility... The first time these rumors surfaced my guy had him transferring to none other than Iowa City. Iowa was Nicks first choice, but the distance was too much for his family.

Be very interesting to see how this plays out.

I didn't mention anything when I first heard it, but this now the 3rd time I've heard this was a possibility... The first time these rumors surfaced my guy had him transferring to none other than Iowa City. Iowa was Nicks first choice, but the distance was too much for his family.

Be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Perfect, now how do we get his family to Iowa City?

Correct, he would still have his 3 years left after redshirting the sit out year and could accept scholly money after the sit out year too.

BigTen to BigTen, he would lose a year even with a redshirt unless he could get a special circumstance exemption like Micic did (doubtful).

Also heard from multiple sources that Nick and his dad aren't all too keen on the atmosphere and vibe in the PSU room... Or the way his injury was handled. Way too much smoke for no fire on this one.

Won't shock me in the least to see him leave Happy Valley... Where he ends up, if anywhere, I have zero clue, but Rutgers seems very plausible.

Also heard from multiple sources that Nick and his dad aren't all too keen on the atmosphere and vibe in the PSU room... Or the way his injury was handled. Way too much smoke for no fire on this one.

Won't shock me in the least to see him leave Happy Valley... Where he ends up, if anywhere, I have zero clue, but Rutgers seems very plausible.
I heard Morgan McIntosh is still homesick

I agree but Tom is too smart to fall for Bael's garbage. I don't see Teske getting much money offered. Teske can either go to Iowa and be with the best coaches in the country, or choose more money and possibly not reach his potential. Maybe he could at least teach Cael some class.

Surinao would be smart to join the best coaching staff in the country. Cael has turned Nico into a robot out there. I think he may have taken one shot against Gilman.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT