ADVERTISEMENT

'Tell you a secret': Speaker compares himself to Moses at event he thought was media free

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Another faux Christian narcissist at work:

Mike Johnson's calling to serve as House Speaker reportedly came from the heavens.

Appearing as the keynote speaker during Tuesday night's award fete for the National Association of Christian Lawmakers (NACL) at the Museum of the Bible in Washington D.C., the newly appointed speaker from Louisiana opened up about his direct channel to God and how he was directed to become the next speaker after Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) was unceremoniously sacked.

“Look, I’m a Southern Baptist, I don’t wanna get too spooky on you,” he told attendees who apparently chuckled, according to Rolling Stone. “But, you know, the Lord speaks to your heart.”

POLL: Should Trump be allowed to run for office?

Johnson explained how he was readying to prepare for his "Red Sea moment".

Apparently he assumed that he was talking in an intimate, media-free setting at the NACL, an organization said to be aiming to push for right-wing fundamentalism to be adopted into law.

As Rolling Stone's Tim Dickinson points out, he may have been oblivious that his speech was being recorded and streamed on the NACL Facebook page.

ALSO READ: A neuroscientist explains how Donald Trump exploits the minds of conspiracy theorists

Johnson intimated: “I’ll tell you a secret, since media is not here.”

He added: “Thank you for not allowing the media in,” and said, according to the outlet, that reporters have been quoting him “out of context” with “great joy for the last few weeks.”

VideoBlue.svg
Related video: Speaker Mike Johnson Does Not Believe In the Separation of Church and State (Dailymotion)

Johnson recounted many nights when he was stirred awake.

“The Lord began to wake me up, through this three-week process, in the middle of night to speak to me,” he said. “Now at the time I assumed the Lord is going to choose a new Moses.”

Given that the position is a few heartbeats from the presidency, Johnson determined, according to Rolling Stone, that he wasn't going to be Moses in this modern-day biblical battle — but his brother.

"You’re gonna allow me to be Aaron to Moses,” he added.

Yet when McCarthy lost his grip on the speaker gavel, there were many GOP lawmakers who tossed their names to take over the House.

So as the boldfaced names like Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA), Rep. Jim Jordan (R-PA) among the more than a dozen hopefuls tried to win the gig, Johnson's waited.

“Ultimately 13 people ran for the post," he said, according to Rolling Stone. "And the Lord kept telling me to, ‘Wait, wait, wait.'"

And so he obliged, and remembered his patience, he said.

"I waited," he said. "And then at the end … the Lord said, ‘Now step forward," Johnson recalled of this eureka moment.

Johnson was voted in as House Speaker on Oct. 24.

When he took the podium to accept the speaker role, Johnson detailed how close his belief structure is linked to the Lord.

"I believe that scripture, the Bible is very clear that God is the one that raises up those in authority," he said. "He raised up each of you, all of us, and I believe that God has ordained and allowed each one of us to be brought here for this specific moment in this time. This is my belief."

Do not vote Republican ever again.
Are you living on taxpayer money? Now I understand you. You have dog in this fight and dog is you. You’ll keep getting fed on the taxpayer’s tit so don’t worry and be a good boy, Commander.

I deal with many simple people everyday that can’t grasp the obvious and will think you’re moronic. You are an extremists, I don’t think that is deniable. You’ve become just like the people you hate.

Yes. I'm radically in support of the marginalized. I'm radically in opposition to the authoritarian your ilk worships.

I'm radically intellectual.

I'm radically empathetic.

I. Am. Radical.

Yes. I'm radically in support of the marginalized. I'm radically in opposition to the authoritarian your ilk worships.

I'm radically intellectual.

I'm radically empathetic.

I. Am. Radical.
You left out your amazing powers of observation. Dude, you’re a weekday running comic. One shitty joke after the next. You are the joke. I appreciate your thoughts as I do everyone else’s.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael

“The Lord began to wake me up, through this three-week process, in the middle of night to speak to me,” he said.
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

These people are the dumbest ****s on the planet. Holy shit.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

These people are the dumbest ****s on the planet. Holy shit.

I think God was telling him to take a piss before he wet the bed again...

I deal with many simple people everyday that can’t grasp the obvious and will think you’re moronic. You are an extremists, I don’t think that is deniable. You’ve become just like the people you hate.
Nah, you are a moron and everyone on the board knows it.

Are you living on taxpayer money? Now I understand you. You have dog in this fight and dog is you. You’ll keep getting fed on the taxpayer’s tit so don’t worry and be a good boy, Commander.
What does this have to do with the subject matter of the OP?

Another faux Christian narcissist at work:

Mike Johnson's calling to serve as House Speaker reportedly came from the heavens.

Appearing as the keynote speaker during Tuesday night's award fete for the National Association of Christian Lawmakers (NACL) at the Museum of the Bible in Washington D.C., the newly appointed speaker from Louisiana opened up about his direct channel to God and how he was directed to become the next speaker after Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) was unceremoniously sacked.

“Look, I’m a Southern Baptist, I don’t wanna get too spooky on you,” he told attendees who apparently chuckled, according to Rolling Stone. “But, you know, the Lord speaks to your heart.”

POLL: Should Trump be allowed to run for office?

Johnson explained how he was readying to prepare for his "Red Sea moment".

Apparently he assumed that he was talking in an intimate, media-free setting at the NACL, an organization said to be aiming to push for right-wing fundamentalism to be adopted into law.

As Rolling Stone's Tim Dickinson points out, he may have been oblivious that his speech was being recorded and streamed on the NACL Facebook page.

ALSO READ: A neuroscientist explains how Donald Trump exploits the minds of conspiracy theorists

Johnson intimated: “I’ll tell you a secret, since media is not here.”

He added: “Thank you for not allowing the media in,” and said, according to the outlet, that reporters have been quoting him “out of context” with “great joy for the last few weeks.”

VideoBlue.svg
Related video: Speaker Mike Johnson Does Not Believe In the Separation of Church and State (Dailymotion)

“The Lord began to wake me up, through this three-week process, in the middle of night to speak to me,” he said. “Now at the time I assumed the Lord is going to choose a new Moses.”

Given that the position is a few heartbeats from the presidency, Johnson determined, according to Rolling Stone, that he wasn't going to be Moses in this modern-day biblical battle — but his brother.

"You’re gonna allow me to be Aaron to Moses,” he added.

Yet when McCarthy lost his grip on the speaker gavel, there were many GOP lawmakers who tossed their names to take over the House.

So as the boldfaced names like Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA), Rep. Jim Jordan (R-PA) among the more than a dozen hopefuls tried to win the gig, Johnson's waited.

“Ultimately 13 people ran for the post," he said, according to Rolling Stone. "And the Lord kept telling me to, ‘Wait, wait, wait.'"

And so he obliged, and remembered his patience, he said.

"I waited," he said. "And then at the end … the Lord said, ‘Now step forward," Johnson recalled of this eureka moment.

Johnson was voted in as House Speaker on Oct. 24.

When he took the podium to accept the speaker role, Johnson detailed how close his belief structure is linked to the Lord.

"I believe that scripture, the Bible is very clear that God is the one that raises up those in authority," he said. "He raised up each of you, all of us, and I believe that God has ordained and allowed each one of us to be brought here for this specific moment in this time. This is my belief."

Johnson is one sick crazy prick and a clown that needs to be ignored.

Reactions: torbee
Take off your party glasses and acknowledge that talk means absolutely zilch. The only thing that matters is action. What each side accuses the other of doing, they also do themselves.

I am a Conservative, but I can even acknowledge that of recent, Republicans are less likely to walk the talk than Democrats. Nonetheless, the guilt is abundant on both sides.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT