ADVERTISEMENT

The amount of missed upsets this weekend...

Hawkfan_08

HR Legend
Nov 9, 2002
North Liberty
Was crazy...

#1 Georgia struggled for a bit with GT. GT (6-6) loses by 8.

#4 Washington kicks a game winner over (5-7) Wazzu. WSU had the ball multiple times to take the lead.

#5 FSU needed all 10 4th quarter points to beat (5-7) Florida.

#8 Alabama was dead to rights multiple times. A muffed punt and a 4th and 31 TD allows them to beat (6-6) Auburn.

#10 Louisville actually lost to (7-5) Kentucky. Nobody is probably shocked.

#12 Ole Miss was looking like they were headed for a potential loss when they went down in the 2nd half, 7-3, over (5-7) Mississippi St.

#14 LSU was down in the 4th quarter to (7-5) Texas A&M.

#17 Iowa does what we always do... but worse. Blew multiple opportunities to end the game early to have a walk-off kick to win by 3 over (5-7) Nebraska.

#19 actually loses the snow bowl to (7-5) Iowa St.

No clue how #20 Oklahoma St. took the lead in the 4th over (5-7) BYU but beat them in 2OT.

#24 Clemson won but only by 9 over (5-7) South Carolina.

Crazy day of college sports.

Of course the narrative is Iowa barely beat a 5-6 team = overrated. We beat them in their house with nothing to play for while it's their Senior day, playing for a bowl birth. A better kicking day and we win going away, but that's not good enough for our bi polar fans...need to score 25 points...

Of course the narrative is Iowa barely beat a 5-6 team = overrated. We beat them in their house with nothing to play for while it's their Senior day, playing for a bowl birth. A better kicking day and we win going away, but that's not good enough for our bi polar fans...need to score 25 points...

I don't know that it's not enough for the fans but it isn't enough for people doing the polls. Style points do matter. Winning convincingly does matter. I don't know if it's the win against Nebraska it's losing to Minnesota and barely beating Illinois, NW, Purdue, MSU, Utah St., Wisconsin.

I'm not upset about being 10-2.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
I hate how the media shapes the narrative. Now it's FSU shouldn't be in the CFP if they win out because their QB is hurt. See how the struggled with a bad Florida team?

Meanwhile, a full strength Georgia team just got by a bad GaTech team at the exact same time but nobody is throwing doubt on them.

Then the narrative that if Oregon wins they are in, why? What about Texas, or OSU, or other one loss teams?

The media pushing their narratives gets old. It's why I like the NFL more now, it's not subjective. There are standings, you have to win, you have to win a playoff.

I actually think expanded CFP playoffs may help things as more teams will get an opportunity to prove it on the field.

I was about to hit the like button until I read your last sentence.

Gary Barta is the idiot who came up with the random 25 number. That’s a separate conversation. Regardless, I would argue the fans expecting the UofI to be above nepotism and to let go of a woefully underperforming coach overseeing the worst offense in P5 three years and counting are the sane ones; it’s the fans who continue to defend the stupid shit who need their heads examined.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I hate how the media shapes the narrative. Now it's FSU shouldn't be in the CFP if they win out because their QB is hurt. See how the struggled with a bad Florida team?

Meanwhile, a full strength Georgia team just got by a bad GaTech team at the exact same time but nobody is throwing doubt on them.

Then the narrative that if Oregon wins they are in, why? What about Texas, or OSU, or other one loss teams?

The media pushing their narratives gets old. It's why I like the NFL more now, it's not subjective. There are standings, you have to win, you have to win a playoff.

I actually think expanded CFP playoffs may help things as more teams will get an opportunity to prove it on the field.
This, booth reviews that interject themselves into the game like the Cooper DeJean punt return reversal, and randomly penalizing teams 15 yards for a routine tackle of the quarterback are starting to turn me off to the college game as well.

This, booth reviews that interject themselves into the game like the Cooper DeJean punt return reversal, and randomly penalizing teams 15 yards for a routine tackle of the quarterback are starting to turn me off to the college game as well.
Oh yeah. Don't get me started on that.

The NFL can be sketchy at times when it comes to officiating but at least with the controversial calls you can most of the times debate one side or the other. With CFB it's more like WTH are they looking at? The CDJ punt is a perfect example. Or just watch the favoritism show in any Alabama game. It's obvious and it's ridiculous that the conference offices tilt the scale on favor of their favorite brands.

Maybe rush the passer next time instead of giving Alabama all day, Auburn.

Reactions: BelemNole
Gary Barta is the idiot who came up with the random 25 number.
Right. Only the big three in the east plus five loss Maryland hit the 25 point mark. 10 other Big X teams averaged less than 25. We don't need 25 to win. We averaged over 9 wins a year for the last nine years the way we play the game. And now an equal idiot tries to disrupt the team chemistry with 4 games left in the season. Thank god KF and company have the integrity to stick to the plan and deliver another 10 plus winning season to Iowa. Maybe the new OC will deliver 25, 30 or more points next year but I doubt it...

Right. Only the big three in the east plus five loss Maryland hit the 25 point mark. 10 other Big X teams averaged less than 25. We don't need 25 to win. We averaged over 9 wins a year for the last nine years the way we play the game. And now an equal idiot tries to disrupt the team chemistry with 4 games left in the season. Thank god KF and company have the integrity to stick to the plan and deliver another 10 plus winning season to Iowa. Maybe the new OC will deliver 25, 30 or more points next year but I doubt it...
My understanding of the situation is it got leaked Brian wouldn’t be retained so that’s why there was an announcement at that time. If it was actually planned, I agree it was a stupid move in terms of timing. There’s no doubt, though, that Brian should have been done after 2022.

Points are nice, but the real issue was the general incompetence we’ve seen the last few years in terms of yards, TOP, and general productivity. It puts way too much pressure on your defense when you’re constantly going three and out and can’t seem to ever sustain a drive.

Change was long overdue.

Was crazy...

#1 Georgia struggled for a bit with GT. GT (6-6) loses by 8.

#4 Washington kicks a game winner over (5-7) Wazzu. WSU had the ball multiple times to take the lead.

#5 FSU needed all 10 4th quarter points to beat (5-7) Florida.

#8 Alabama was dead to rights multiple times. A muffed punt and a 4th and 31 TD allows them to beat (6-6) Auburn.

#10 Louisville actually lost to (7-5) Kentucky. Nobody is probably shocked.

#12 Ole Miss was looking like they were headed for a potential loss when they went down in the 2nd half, 7-3, over (5-7) Mississippi St.

#14 LSU was down in the 4th quarter to (7-5) Texas A&M.

#17 Iowa does what we always do... but worse. Blew multiple opportunities to end the game early to have a walk-off kick to win by 3 over (5-7) Nebraska.

#19 actually loses the snow bowl to (7-5) Iowa St.

No clue how #20 Oklahoma St. took the lead in the 4th over (5-7) BYU but beat them in 2OT.

#24 Clemson won but only by 9 over (5-7) South Carolina.

Crazy day of college sports.
Winning is hard. All of those teams wanted to be the guy that knocks off the guy. Some wanted their bowl bid.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT