ADVERTISEMENT

The hawk passing game was lousy; the running game is average or so so; Lester needs to make both average

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
If Lester can get the Iowa passing game to 200 ypg then that will be really huge improvement. That should open up the running game which has been sort of avg at about 3.5 ypc to maybe get to 4 or 4+ ypc.

If those two things happen and Iowa gets about 325-350 yards per game on offense then that sets up for what should be a really good year next year with a strong defense and special teams if the new punter and the placekicking is solid.

Lester was a very prolific qb in a not so much defensively strong conference. But still I sure hope he can juice up the passing game and convert many more 3rd downs.

I am pulling for the guy to do well and hope we can see some exciting offense this fall.

Reactions: AlvySinger
Iowa running game does not equal average to the eyes
Hard to look even average when the other half of the offense was no threat at all.

Job #1 needs to be making the passing game competent. That alone (plus this transfer kid named Proctor - I hear he could be good) will help open things up for the running game. Leaving aside any changes regarding the run scheme get made.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT