ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Beckman- Illinois story gaining traction

Curt Furence

HR MVP
Sep 30, 2014
SIAP:
At first I thought ah, one kid who is mad about how his career ended just looking for someone to blame. Now there are more of the same stories coming out from Illinois and Toldeo.

I wonder how much is legitimate and how much is a few guys looking for reasons why their careers didn't work out.
Will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...re-former-players-speak-out-about-tim-beckman

I would feel for the kid a little more if he would have just made his point and moved on. He just kept going to the point where he comes off as bitter more than anything.

Still I see this as a final nail for TB after this year. No way he gets retained.

I would feel for the kid a little more if he would have just made his point and moved on. He just kept going to the point where he comes off as bitter more than anything.

Still I see this as a final nail for TB after this year. No way he gets retained.
^^^^^This is the correct answer.

That was what I thought too. It sounds like he held a grudge and now has his dad going after people on Twitter also.

When a coach continually tries to coerce a player into signing a "Terminator Sheet" then maybe the player has a right to carry a grudge.
I am definitely not saying I think that he is lying or that its not that bad, I just think this kid handled it pretty poorly using twitter for an onslaught. But he gained followers and people saw his story that's for sure.
From the sounds of it, Beckman is just not a good person. When you don't win and these things go on you can't possibly survive. He has to be gone after the season.

Urban Meyer just did that to a kid, too. He got the doctors to issue a statement saying is was physically unable to play anymore so he didn't count as a scholarship (but they'd still pay for schooling). Obviously the knee wasn't too bad as he had several other teams trying to get him to transfer; I think he ended up at Auburn and is looking to play this year.

Urban Meyer just did that to a kid, too. He got the doctors to issue a statement saying is was physically unable to play anymore so he didn't count as a scholarship (but they'd still pay for schooling). Obviously the knee wasn't too bad as he had several other teams trying to get him to transfer; I think he ended up at Auburn and is looking to play this year.

But Urban is winning, and that makes all the difference in things like this being used against you.......like it or not it's reality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT