ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Press Conference

bumper52

HR All-State
Nov 25, 2019
Everyone on this board is probably familiar with this quote:
Sports doesn’t build character, it reveals it.
Well, I’m 71 years old and I seen many tremendous victories, as well as excruciating, painful losses. Watching 3 young women from UConn in their post game presss conference…well, I’m at a losss for words. No loss or victory in my life ever brought out my emotions (both happy and sad) as those 3 women did last night. You need to watch it. All the time I was watching, I kept thinking “That could very well be our Hawkeye ladies.” They truly epitomized what sports should be about. Unreal.

Last edited:
No going to get good answers to questions like that immediately after the game. Geno goes back and watches the film and he’ll know that was a textbook illegal screen even if he won’t publicly admit it. As a competitor Edwards is probably never going to admit it wasn’t clean. And Paige will come back and realize she caused the foul by not moving the defender into the screener rather than forcing the screener to pop out into the defender. She should have been running at least four feet to her left if the play required the screen action and because she didn’t forced Edwards to slide out causing the foul. Muhl has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of as she played a heck of a game.

I’ll never feel bad for Geno or UConn on the whole. Sucks for the individual players and I feel bad for them, especially having to answer questions like this right after the game. Anyone who has played sports knows that a massive majority of athletes finish their seasons and careers on losses. Having to face a national pool of reporters right after that happens is tough to deal with.

Reactions: mphawk and LukaDuka
No going to get good answers to questions like that immediately after the game. Geno goes back and watches the film and he’ll know that was a textbook illegal screen even if he won’t publicly admit it. As a competitor Edwards is probably never going to admit it wasn’t clean. And Paige will come back and realize she caused the foul by not moving the defender into the screener rather than forcing the screener to pop out into the defender. She should have been running at least four feet to her left if the play required the screen action and because she didn’t forced Edwards to slide out causing the foul. Muhl has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of as she played a heck of a game.

I’ll never feel bad for Geno or UConn on the whole. Sucks for the individual players and I feel bad for them, especially having to answer questions like this right after the game. Anyone who has played sports knows that a massive majority of athletes finish their seasons and careers on losses. Having to face a national pool of reporters right after that happens is tough to deal with.
Geno has already started about callls that Iowa didn't get. Never liked him and now i remember why

Reactions: iowaathletes
Yes, disappointment from them, but a lot of bitterness also. UConn the great beaten by IOWA.

Reactions: Legs94
Geno (to me) has always come across as condescending arrogant DB coaching a team of 5-stars. Her should try it with Iowa's roster.
This. He had the benefit of having the most talented team in the nation during his and UCONN’s glory years.

He gets credit for recruiting that talent but his reputation as the best “coach” in the game is more due to the outstanding talent he had.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT