ADVERTISEMENT

University Nationals

Hawkeyes:
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 57 KG Phillip Laux (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 65 KG Christopher Carton (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 70 KG Brandon Sorensen (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 70 KG edwin cooper (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 70 KG Jake Kadel (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 70 KG Logan Thomsen (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 70 KG Skyler St. John (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 70 KG Tagen Lambotte (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 74 KG Logan McQuillen (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 74 KG Patrick Rhoads (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 80 KG Alex Meyer (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 86 KG Mitchell Bowman (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 86 KG Samuel Brooks (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 97 KG Kris Klapprodt (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 97 KG Nathan Burak (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-GR University GR 75 KG Burke Paddock (College) New York University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-GR University GR 130 KG Sam Stoll (College) Iowa University of Iowa

Where are you all getting this info? I have looked around and have not found who has registered. TIA.

Surprised no Gilman and was also hoping to see big Bobby Telford return to freestyle here.

Hawkeyes:
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 57 KG Phillip Laux (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 65 KG Christopher Carton (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 70 KG Brandon Sorensen (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 70 KG edwin cooper (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 70 KG Jake Kadel (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 70 KG Logan Thomsen (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 70 KG Skyler St. John (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 70 KG Tagen Lambotte (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 74 KG Logan McQuillen (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 74 KG Patrick Rhoads (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 80 KG Alex Meyer (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 86 KG Mitchell Bowman (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 86 KG Samuel Brooks (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 97 KG Kris Klapprodt (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-FS University MFS 97 KG Nathan Burak (College) Iowa University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-GR University GR 75 KG Burke Paddock (College) New York University of Iowa
2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals-GR University GR 130 KG Sam Stoll (College) Iowa University of Iowa

Awesome to see such a show of force. Perhaps this is just as many as past years in this particular event but I've been disappointed in the amount of off-season competitions our guys have shown up for in recent years.

Would like to see Stoll and Paddock in freestyle.

Where are you all getting this info? I have looked around and have not found who has registered. TIA.

Browse the event on Trackwrestling, then go to Information --> registration -->PreRegistration Now.. then click on the wrestler list in the pop-up window :cool:

Surprised no Gilman and was also hoping to see big Bobby Telford return to freestyle here.

I don't know that Gilman has ever competed at University Nationals. I assume he is still eligible, age-wise, for FILA Juniors? That's generally what he concentrates on in the summer.

Now that Telford is training with the HWC, I wouldn't be surprised to see him at the senior World Team Trials, not that I have any kind of inside info.

I don't know that Gilman has ever competed at University Nationals. I assume he is still eligible, age-wise, for FILA Juniors? That's generally what he concentrates on in the summer.

Now that Telford is training with the HWC, I wouldn't be surprised to see him at the senior World Team Trials, not that I have any kind of inside info.

I think I read a story that the only returning Junior World Medalist who could wrestle Juniors again were McKenna, Pico, and Snyder. So that would mean Gilman is too old for Juniors.

As for Telford, the previous poster is correct, he did not qualify for the Trials and even though they made the criteria more strict this year, I don't think he would have even qualified for a Wildcard in previous years.

Qualifiers for the World Team Trials : http://iawrestle.com/2015/05/26/world-team-trials-qualifiers/

Last edited:
University GR 75 KG - Burke Paddock
Champ. Round 1 - Burke Paddock (University of Iowa) won by fall over Konstantin Parfiryev (NYAC) (Fall 1:14)
Quarterfinal - Burke Paddock (University of Iowa) won by tech fall over Rowdy Miller (US Wrestling Club) (TF 8-0)

University GR 130 KG - Sam Stoll
Champ. Round 1 - Sam Stoll (University of Iowa) won by tech fall over Michael Kosoy (Wolfpack Wrestling Club) (TF 11-2)
Quarterfinal - Sam Stoll (University of Iowa) won by tech fall over Seth Brennock (Juggernaut) (TF 8-0)

Reactions: andegre
Burke to finals

Semifinal - Burke Paddock (University of Iowa) won by tech fall over Max Rohskopf (Wolfpack Wrestling Club) (TF 8-0)

Looks like Drew's on garbage duty this month...

Cons. Semi - Bryce West (Iowa) won by tech fall over Drew West (Iowa) (TF 11-3)

Reactions: SPGroth
Stoll loses in semis

Semifinal - Zach Merrill (titan mercury wrestling club) won by fall over Sam Stoll (University of Iowa) (Fall 3:30)

Stoll goes to his back while attempting a throw and gets pinned
Probably happens quite a bit in Greco no? Now in Folkstyle, I'd probably be OK with it on occasion (looking to score - I like that), as long as it doesn't become a trend for Big Sam.................................

Probably happens quite a bit in Greco no? Now in Folkstyle, I'd probably be OK with it on occasion (looking to score - I like that), as long as it doesn't become a trend for Big Sam.................................
Failed throws happen quite a bit and result in points for the opposing wrestlers. Most lower weight guys can bail out and avoid getting pinned but that's obviously more difficult for the heavyweights.

1st Place Match - Barrett Stanghill (NYAC) won by decision over Burke Paddock (University of Iowa) (Dec 2-1)

3rd Place Match - Sam Stoll (University of Iowa) won by tech fall over Matt Voss (Patriot Elite RTC) (TF 8-0)

Both did real well. Stoll just couldn't make that throw in the semis. Probably would have been first if he had landed it. Paddock was beast mode just couldn't win position in finals. Both guys still look like they need to find there way to the weight room. Go Hawks!

Stanghill tech-falled Anthony Valencia last year in Greco. He's a talented kid in this style.

Results so far (not including byes)
Champ. Round 1 - Phillip Laux (University of Iowa) won by tech fall over Gunnar Woodburn (Wyoming Wrestling RTC) (TF 10-0)

Champ. Round 1 - Christopher Carton (University of Iowa) won by decision over Mitchell Bengtson (Bison WC) (Dec 9-0)

Champ. Round 1 - Tagen Lambotte (University of Iowa) won by tech fall over William McDonald (Nertc) (TF 12-1)

Champ. Round 1 - Jake Kadel (University of Iowa) won by tech fall over Kaelan Richards (Michigan State) (TF 12-2)

Champ. Round 1 - Logan Thomsen (University of Iowa) won by tech fall over Wayne Stinson (Broncs Wrestling Club) (TF 11-1)

Champ. Round 1 - Brandon Sorensen (University of Iowa) won by fall over Noah Messerall (Heidelberg) (Fall 2:12)

Champ. Round 1 - Jeremiah Lutz (lion wrestling club) won by tech fall over Logan McQuillen (University of Iowa) (TF 10-0)
Cons. Round 1 - Logan McQuillen (University of Iowa) received a bye () (Bye)

Champ. Round 1 - B. Paddock (University of Iowa) won by tech fall over Matthew Lemanowicz (Missouri Wrestling Foundation) (TF 11-0)

Champ. Round 1 - Samuel Brooks (University of Iowa) won by tech fall over Leonardo Trindade (West Virginia) (TF 12-2)

Hoping for big days out of our unprovens (Thomsen, Rhodes, Paddock, Carton, Cooper, etc). Would love to see a breakout performance from a couple of these guys.

Disappointing start for Renteria. West is good, but shows how much we would love to get Lee.

Impressive win for Carton. Bengston is pretty tough. Good sign for Topher. Well need him this year when Grothus can't make the cut.

Probably right there. I like Carton. Hope he has a great year of improvement.

Really need Carton, Cooper, Paddock, and Stoll to up their games if we are to have a great year. And hopefully Brody can find a spot where he can shine (hopefully 141).

Paddock goes down in round 3 15-12 I believe. Lost to a Minnesota redshirt freshman. Trying not to overreact, but the guy he lost to was 4-3 last year for the gophers and never placed in state in HS according to his bio. We need Paddock to be a producer next year. I like his motor, but needs to get stronger and shore up his defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT