ADVERTISEMENT

Upper Half B1G Finishes, 2013-Present (Iowa tied for the Most w/ 11 in the last 12 yrs)

How many different contortions of Fran's record do people have to come up with? Fran can simply be described as High Basement, Low Ceiling. My Personal preference is I'd take more rebuilding years for higher end upside but if some people groove on consistently 11-9'ish, that's fine. Carver attendance is the ultimate judge....Carver not looking too full for men's games, sold out for Women's...big difference is success level and having a star.

Who has B1G titles in that same timeframe? Probably MSU, Michigan, Illini, Purdue, Wisconsin...Noteably absent from the list...Iowa...I'd take one of those conference titles over upper half finishes. I'd also take a sweet16 over the Top half finishes. I just want to go into NCAA and pretend they have a chance of making a run in NCAA and not get Richmond'ed or Oregon'ed or Gonzaga'ed or Auburned or Villanova'd or UT'ed.
Example: ISU 0-18 conf. Record. Sweet 16 next season. We are celebrating finishing 6th, consistently?

Pretty much a description of his coaching. Scores a lot of points so win against lower tier teams and a few upper team wins. But seldom reaches that top tier level (1st or second).
You beat me to it. Being in contention all year for first in the league race is when it is exciting, really exciting.

I just read Liam Mc Neely just decommited from Indiana . Another wing player I know but he seems like a perfect Fran guy. Reach out and see if you can get him to visit Fran

Reactions: Franisdaman
Example: ISU 0-18 conf. Record. Sweet 16 next season. We are celebrating finishing 6th, consistently?
It's not nothing to finish top half of the league. But neither is it exciting or a great accomplishment. This is the equivalent for me of having plain vanilla ice cream for dessert. It's OK, meh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT