ADVERTISEMENT

****Vols vs Hawks Game Thread****

Typical Iowaah fans. Bitch about the officials even though Iowaah has shot 10± more free throws than Tennessee.
Iowa shot more free throws so the refs didn’t suck? Is that how it works? Bohannon had a hand in his shorts the entire game, no fouls called, none. Tennessee traveled more than an over the road hooker and got away with it. Iowa makes free throws and layups and this game is a win.

I get caught up in the game thread... but these guys work hard and want to win. Cook and Moss are good kids. I wish they could have pulled off the upset.

One thing that could help some of these kids is to watch basketball and learn the game. Cook especially. He has very little feel for the game. He has a ton of tools, but his basketball IQ limits his ability on the floor. If he works on that... he'd be unreal.

Fran’s program needs to work defense still and rebounding. We gave away a lot of hidden points in this game off of rebounding. How many did we have in our hands and lost it OOB and they scored?

Great, great effort —- no shame as it was freaking over at half. We gave ourselves a chance for the sweet 16. I wanted one more possession with a JBO or Weezy 3 but it was not to be.

That's why I swear Iowa is the only school that treats athletics with pure class. If that was Bohannon or Wieskamp he would raved about his teammates, but also would've given a lot of credit to Tennessee as well. That's just how much humility they have, and all around respect they have for the game.

Reactions: IAGuy and gachawk
Admiral was able to ride the momentum in the first half but folded like a soggy paper plate when the momentum shifted. He should be giving credit to Williams a little more than himself in the postgame, bailed his ass out.

What a game. These guys got down early but showed so much heart in the second half. Wish we could have pulled it off, but these kids have nothing to be ashamed of.

Well I'd be pretty ashamed of that first half if I were them. It lost them the game. Just a marginally better effort there and they win today.

Yeah the comeback was nice and entertaining to watch, but they still lost because they were complete horses**t in the first half.

Fran still hasn't won a 2nd round NCAA game at Iowa.

That's why I swear Iowa is the only school that treats athletics with pure class. If that was Bohannon or Wieskamp he would raved about his teammates, but also would've given a lot of credit to Tennessee as well. That's just how much humility they have, and all around respect they have for the game.
Agree 100%. Tennessee is a damn good team. And the Hawks never gave up. Proud of the way those young men hung in there in the second half. Next year can't come soon enough for me.

If nothing else, hopefully they learned they have to play with an edge for 40 minutes and not 20. The second half was also an example of a team who thought they had the game won at half. It is hard to get the momentum back when a team gets going like Iowa did.

Reactions: Harbinger273
Overtime got sideways when Moss had Cook wide open on block, with the angle to make the pass,but for some reason dribbled wildly to the basket. Cook needs to bring that intensity every game. That's my beef with him. He doesn't play hard on a consistent basis.

Reactions: And1Hawk
Well I'd be pretty ashamed of that first half if I were them. It lost them the game. Just a marginally better effort there and they win today.

Yeah the comeback was nice and entertaining to watch, but they still lost because they were complete horses**t in the first half.

Fran still hasn't won a 2nd round NCAA game at Iowa.
Anything else you want to bitch about crybaby? lmao.

Admiral was able to ride the momentum in the first half but folded like a soggy paper plate when the momentum shifted. He should be giving credit to Williams a little more than himself in the postgame, bailed his ass out.

Admiral was on the bench most of the second half.

Wow, announcers giving no credit to Iowa at all. Tennessee just miraculously turned it over for no reason at all......Then point out there are 4 SEC teams in the sweet 16 even though the committee matched up BIG teams in the same bracket prior to the 16. ESPN blows......

Reactions: Hawkeye_Pride06
He should be demoted to LT. JG. lol

Wow, announcers giving no credit to Iowa at all. Tennessee just miraculously turned it over for no reason at all......Then point out there are 4 SEC teams in the sweet 16 even though the committee matched up BIG teams in the same bracket prior to the 16. ESPN blows......

Follow the money.....Big 10 network & Pac 12 networks go through Fox.....but ACC and SEC go through ESPN. A 25 point comeback has quite a bit to do with the team doing it.....they're all making it sound like Tennessee "let" Iowa comeback.

You'd sound more legit, and get a little bit of respect if you would quit namecalling..

Never ceases to amaze me people complaining, about people complaining...

...and I know I'm mentioning it, but just sayin...
Calling someone a crybaby is not name calling. It's stating a fact. Do you know the difference? lmao.

Overtime got sideways when Moss had Cook wide open on block, with the angle to make the pass,but for some reason dribbled wildly to the basket. Cook needs to bring that intensity every game. That's my beef with him. He doesn't play hard on a consistent basis.
I think the made 3 in the corner at the end of the shot clock and the one made shot on the drive, made Moss believe he was going to be able to take over in some respect. Once they had Williams and Scofield in foul trouble, it should have been inside out basketball.

Typical Iowaah fans. Bitch about the officials even though Iowaah has shot 10± more free throws than Tennessee.
With all the reaching, grabbing, hacking, and whatever else the zebras let go in the first half, the vols played hard in the first half and we got down big. In the second half when we tightened the screws and found our shots, the vols looked like they just got back from the woodshed. There is good news for the vols as they played pretty well overall.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT