ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early 2024-25 rankings

Iowa doesn't have a barren cupboard but they have to somehow replace 30 pts, 12 assists, and 7 rebounds a game. That's a lot for the new freshmen. There are a few people in the portal that can help with that though. I don't blame anyone for not ranking them in their current form.

Minnesota is my surprise team pick for B10 WBB next season. They have a pretty strong core of young players returning and Plitzuweit is an excellent coach.

• Wow
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Iowa doesn't have a barren cupboard but they have to somehow replace 30 pts, 12 assists, and 7 rebounds a game. That's a lot for the new freshmen. There are a few people in the portal that can help with that though. I don't blame anyone for not ranking them in their current form.

No one wants a barren cupboard. They have to replace a lot more than that. Aren’t Martin and Marshal also done?

No one wants a barren cupboard. They have to replace a lot more than that. Aren’t Martin and Marshal also done?
Yes, so there are a lot of unknowns. I think Stulke, Feurbach, and Affolter are good enough to form a team that can be around .500 depending on how good the Big 10 is next year. I really don't know what other teams have coming back next season. But .500 doesn't get you ranked or even in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: WSC72
I mean, we lost the 🐐. It's not unfair of folks to be skeptical. It's probably better for the rest of the squad if they go into next year under the radar. They'll have some things to figure out before the post-season, where they can prove they belong by winning some games.

Yes, so there are a lot of unknowns. I think Stulke, Feurbach, and Affolter are good enough to form a team that can be around .500 depending on how good the Big 10 is next year. I really don't know what other teams have coming back next season. But .500 doesn't get you ranked or even in the NCAA tournament.

How much do you think those role players will improve without having the benefit of Clark who made them a LOT better than they were.

Just reading thru that list it is clear that :
1. Women tend to play the full 5 years.
2. Most players at top schools stay put.
This makes the women's game more stable and more marketable than men's.
In the women's game NIL works as intended. If they changed the immediate eligibility transfer rule in men's game it would look more like the women's game.

I know there is still poaching of non- top team talent in women's game but these top 25 teams seem very stable.
While the blueblood maintain a big edge in top talent it seems there are more quality teams bunched right below.
Gonna be tough sledding next year for Hawks and old BIG programs

New sheriff in town: USC and UCLA.

Just reading thru that list it is clear that :
1. Women tend to play the full 5 years.
2. Most players at top schools stay put.
This makes the women's game more stable and more marketable than men's.
In the women's game NIL works as intended. If they changed the immediate eligibility transfer rule in men's game it would look more like the women's game.

I know there is still poaching of non- top team talent in women's game but these top 25 teams seem very stable.
While the blueblood maintain a big edge in top talent it seems there are more quality teams bunched right below.
Gonna be tough sledding next year for Hawks and old BIG programs

New sheriff in town: USC and UCLA.
Women have 5 years of eligibility? Or are you including redshirt year?

I wish I had your confidence in Feuerbach.
This year, surrounded by talent, she mostly struggled when she got playing time.

I wish I had your confidence in Feuerbach.
This year, surrounded by talent, she mostly struggled when she got playing time.
I'm counting on her getting better in the off-season and playing like she isn't intimidated by being on the same floor as Clark. But you aren't wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT