ADVERTISEMENT

WBB 2017-18 Season

Those piggy-back photos they've been doing lately are odd. They need to stop it.

Last edited:
Some of u r very close to the program, Oak and others. I see Mega G, Mac Meyer and K Doyle as 3 for sure impact players. Who else do u expect to emerge

Some of u r very close to the program, Oak and others. I see Mega G, Mac Meyer and K Doyle as 3 for sure impact players. Who else do u expect to emerge
Amanda Ollinger needs to emerge & help replace some of Ally's production. She has good size, strength, & shooting ability so she would be my 1st pick. Chase Coley hopefully puts together a consistent Senior year too, she has the ability.

Reactions: oldhawk56
DLZ_cfGVAAA7v7F.jpg

Speaking of Amanda. and piggy-backs, here she is with Coach Harmon. The piggy-back photos have been a "thing" for several years now. In sports and social media.

Reactions: JAMAM
Amanda Ollinger needs to emerge & help replace some of Ally's production. She has good size, strength, & shooting ability so she would be my 1st pick. Chase Coley hopefully puts together a consistent Senior year too, she has the ability.
I hope so, we need to get more bigs emerging ready. I am probably wrong as I see Amanda more a 4 than 3, not sure she can guard an athletic 3

Reactions: remerson
They have open practices at Carver before home football games. Go take a look, lots of interesting things going on there.

DLs2pinUQAIF7cB.jpg

Back Row l-r Paula Valino, Hannah Stewart, Chase coley, Megan Gustafson, Carly Mohns, Amanda Ollinger
Front Row l-r Alexis Sevillian, Kathleen Doyle, Makenzie Meyer, Zion Sanders, Tania Davis

Reactions: cyberhawk
Oak, do you know if the away conference games that aren't on BTN will be on BTN2GO? Schedule doesn't indicate that they'll be on anywhere,

Reactions: TopHawkeye
Oak, do you know if the away conference games that aren't on BTN will be on BTN2GO? Schedule doesn't indicate that they'll be on anywhere,
I would guess BTN+.

I was looking at the men's and women's schedules. The men's BTT is a week earlier this season so that they can play in NYC. I thought that maybe the women would take advantage of that and have their tournament a week later (they always have such a long layoff until the NCAAs). But, no, it appears that they will be running at the same time.

At least the B1G games will be BTN+. Other non-conference game might be. Or not.

Was told by someone on the coaching staff that Tania is healthy and to expect to see she and Kathleen on the court at the same time at the beginning of the year. Meyer was another that she specified. Hannah and Carly were also praised. Stated they really need Chase to step up this year.

Ollinger was brought up only as an afterthought and not as a starter. Said she would be someone in the rotation.

Said they wanted to sign 4 this year and still had 1 spot to fill.

Reactions: cyberhawk
Carly Mohns is listed on the roster as a RS JR. But talk is that she will play as a SR this year and not come back for that additional season she could have.

Reactions: hawkfan55
Interesting that the writer was at practice for an hour and had nothing to say about Coley.
The picture shows she does have her shorts rolled up. She is going to have to show some aggressiveness if this team is going anywhere.
Not carrying a full scholarship roster is going to bite Bluder in the butt after 3 girls leave.

Carly Mohns is listed on the roster as a RS JR. But talk is that she will play as a SR this year and not come back for that additional season she could have.

I talked to Carly at the golf outing and this is the read I got from her. If she doesn't play this year, she will graduate and move on with life.

I talked to Carly at the golf outing and this is the read I got from her. If she doesn't play this year, she will graduate and move on with life.
This was pretty much her plan, injury or no injury. While she isn't a bad student, she is not driven academically. Her parents are salt of the earth people. For Carly, basketball is a great way to pay for her education and play at a high level. At the same time she has no illusions about playing professionally, either in the WNBA or overseas. Here is hoping she stays healthy and is used to the fullest of her abilities in her final season.

Reactions: oakhawk
I really want Carly to have a complete season of good health. I think she could have helped win a few more if not for the injuries. I saw her for a injury free summer of GTL and she played really well.

Reactions: ammer11
Monday, the 23rd, starts B1G WBB week. This article states that Big Ten schools make their 2017-18 regular season debut on Nov. 10, with the 16-game conference slate tipping off Dec. 28 and concluding Feb. 25. For the fourth consecutive season, every Big Ten game will be produced and distributed live on BTN, BTN Plus or an ESPN network.
http://www.bigten.org/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/101717aaa.html

Brea Beale was on an unofficial visit to IC with her dad today. I would be shocked if Lisa landed her but at least they are in the game. Good pictures on her Twitter wearing a Hawkeye uniform and with her dad and coaches.

She would be a game changer for Iowa. The Hawks were her first college offer I think. So, I'm not sure if her visit was a thank you for that, or if she has genuine interest.

She would be a game changer for Iowa. The Hawks were her first college offer I think. So, I'm not sure if her visit was a thank you for that, or if she has genuine interest.
This is definitely a positive, but again, I would be stunned. I believe they are waiting on a UConn, Stanford, ND type offer. She already has one from Tennessee.

This is definitely a positive, but again, I would be stunned. I believe they are waiting on a UConn, Stanford, ND type offer. She already has one from Tennessee.
I believe she also has an offer from South Carolina. After looking at her Twitter page, she didn’t seem as enthusiastic about her unofficial UI visit as she did her unofficial UM visit based on her comments. And in looking at the pics for comparison, it seems Iowa could do so much better in their presentation. At least that’s the way it came across to me.

I believe she also has an offer from South Carolina. After looking at her Twitter page, she didn’t seem as enthusiastic about her unofficial UI visit as she did her unofficial UM visit based on her comments. And in looking at the pics for comparison, it seems Iowa could do so much better in their presentation. At least that’s the way it came across to me.
I was a little surprised even seeing she visited Iowa, because I haven't heard one thing that makes me think she would even consider the Hawkeyes.

Not to change the subject, but has anyone heard when media day is? Assuming it will be this week since the exhibition is Friday evening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT