ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: other Big10 Tourney games

McMahon 3 of 15, 6-11 at line. Fans do overreact to a loss. After the tOSU loss all the “we suck” crowd was out in full force.

She may never have a game like that one against us again. Her shooting is streaky and not even that out to 3.

She was allowed to roll people over and I’d wager the B1G front office was sent video.
I hope they sent video of Owusu from PSU as well. She does the same type of bull in the china shop routine that Cody does.

Unfortunate, but correct.

They're definitely wanting to throw two P12 teams on the 1 seed, and Ohio State opened the door.

Meh….if Iowa loses to PSU, we will get what we deserve, which isn’t a number one seed.

However anything past that….we’ve been top 7/8 all season, played a very good schedule and we are clearly one of the 4 best teams….

We will be a 1!

However….we had a back, regroup session 2/3 weeks ago….

We are full throttle now. There isn’t anyone in this conference that should stay within 10 of us. I believe we have worked through our kinks and tOSU losing helps Lisa keep their attention. We shouldn’t be losing period.

Meh….if Iowa loses to PSU, we will get what we deserve, which isn’t a number one seed.

However anything past that….we’ve been top 7/8 all season, played a very good schedule and we are clearly one of the 4 best teams….

We will be a 1!

We are full throttle now. There isn’t anyone in this conference that should stay within 10 of us. I believe we have worked through our kinks and tOSU losing helps Lisa keep their attention. We shouldn’t be losing period.
Carver North is also a massive advantage here.

I hope they sent video of Owusu from PSU as well. She does the same type of bull in the china shop routine that Cody does.

Yes very similar games, though I believe the PSU girl has a better jumper out to 3. We will be ready! I promise 😊

We will be a 1!

These are my thoughts as well. Although I could see them giving Iowa a 2 seed if it makes it easier to potentially get the matchups they want for the final four. Like, Iowa-LSU in the Final Four and then Iowa-South Carolina in the championship game....assuming Iowa can keep winning. Nothing guaranteed in there at all. Evidently LSU is playing really well right now and will be dangerous in this tournament. Mulkey pulling a Prime Years Izzo for the tournament.

MD and OSU are very similar teams. A lot of very talented, versatile, athletic kids who can shoot from anywhere on the floor. I'm not surprised MD pulled through whatsoever. Their problem this year has all come down to shot selection. Way too much hero-ball. It was only a matter of time before they figured their shit out. They could just have easily beaten us if we were the #1 seed....

Someone on this board actually took great offense to my claim that MD is likely more "talented" than OSU lol....where are they now???

These are my thoughts as well. Although I could see them giving Iowa a 2 seed if it makes it easier to potentially get the matchups they want for the final four. Like, Iowa-LSU in the Final Four and then Iowa-South Carolina in the championship game....assuming Iowa can keep winning. Nothing guaranteed in there at all. Evidently LSU is playing really well right now and will be dangerous in this tournament. Mulkey pulling a Prime Years Izzo for the tournament.

Oh yes, LSU is still very good. I’m also convinced midseason, Kansas State is an extremely tough out, Virginia Tech is dangerous if they get Kitley back because that guard of theirs, holy crap. As far as a pure shooter goes, she’s quite similar to CC. Georgia, Amore I watched her play the other day & she had eight three-pointers. She doesn’t have quite the range but she can get it off in a phone booth moving left or right…

I’m also assuming at least a couple of the PAC 12 teams are legit although I’m honestly not sure which one or ones rather. I have not got to see them play much.

I’m also assuming NC State is probably a decent team?

As far as the big 10 & this Ohio State game in particular, wow what a horrific matchup.

Although I’m clearly a passionate Iowa fan, I really don’t do a lot of projections and trying to figure out who plays who. If I read it somewhere, so be it… But before they said who Iowa was going to play yesterday, I saw Maryland matched up with Ohio State and I thought what the hell….?!

How does the number one seed draw a team like Maryland. That’s just damn bad luck….

As far as pure raw talent and a punchers ability to knock you out, I have Iowa, Ohio State, Indiana and then I’m not so sure the most dangerous team isn’t that Maryland team and then maybe Nebraska….

That was a really crappy draw for Ohio State.

Reactions: amahawk and BioHawk
MD and OSU are very similar teams. A lot of very talented, versatile, athletic kids who can shoot from anywhere on the floor. I'm not surprised MD pulled through whatsoever. Their problem this year has all come down to shot selection. Way too much hero-ball. It was only a matter of time before they figured their shit out. They could just have easily beaten us if we were the #1 seed....

Someone on this board actually took great offense to my claim that MD is likely more "talented" than OSU lol....where are they now???

Bingo, that’s exactly how I saw it! They lack a true point guard. They are a little like Tony Perkins lead Iowa men. Shellyanne is a hell of a player, likely a future pro, but she’s not a classic point guard and sometimes they struggle distributing the ball.

I don’t see Iowa losing unless it’s to Maryland that played like they just did or a healthy Indiana. Neither of those seem likely right now. Tournament is wide open for Iowa.

If both Maryland and Iowa make into Sunday, it will be like last year's championship game all over again. Teams can play with Iowa, but not with tired legs while Iowa is fresher.

Fortunately, the committee likely sets up Iowa to make FF.

Viewership takes a huge hit if CC isn't in the FF.
Unless they pull the rug out and decide to go all in during the tournament "on the future" hyping up JuJu Watkins/USC and Hannah Hidalgo/Notre Dame depending on how far they go.

I could see ESPN with the heel turn in terms of coverage. We're already starting to see that more and more from other outlets ever since Clark announced she's going pro.

You know the dipsh**s are wanting to pair Iowa and USC in the same region.

I personally liked the bracket from last week, just with Iowa as a 1 and UCLA as a 2.

Of all the top 8 teams I'd want to see, UCLA is probably the most favorable for us, not that I'm suggesting UCLA is a pushover by any means. Every top Pac 12 team has a strong inside game that will present matchup problems for us. But I don't want Stanford (who we should avoid until Cleveland, potentially), and I don't want to give all the non-Iowa supporting, and race-baiting, pieces of sh** the satisfaction of USC/Watkins ending Iowa's run.

Ohio State will be a 2 seed now after that loss because none of the P12 teams have been upset in their tournament, and Iowa being the only other one that could fill the void (unless......)

.....LSU gets handed a free win by Dawn Staley and they get the last 1 seed. We should also avoid Reese/LSU in the Regional, because if for nothing else, they wouldn't want LSU and South Carolina to rematch in the Final Four, if both got that far. They'd rather it be a NCG, and that will especially be the case in terms of how the seeding breaks down, if LSU wins the SEC Tournament.

So that just leaves UCLA as the "ideal" 1/2 seed opponent for Iowa.

But we gotta take care of business in Minneapolis first..........

Murkowski from Nebby has missed 5 layups in the last 2 minutes.

LOL

And looking like she needs an oxygen tank.

One of the slowest players I've ever seen.

• Wow
Reactions: jerbob36
I don’t see Iowa losing unless it’s to Maryland that played like they just did or a healthy Indiana. Neither of those seem likely right now. Tournament is wide open for Iowa.
Maybe, BUT even though Iowa has won the last three B1G tourneys, we struggled in ALL three quarter final games. and didn't shoot well in any of them, getting off to a slow start in all three games. If that happens again today PSU is good enough to make it a fight right through the 4th quarter...

Right now ESPN has Iowa as the last 1 seed. With a win over Penn State, Iowa should finish as a higher overall seed than Ohio State regardless of future results.

Iowa will certainly get a 1 seed if it wins the Big Ten Tournament now. If Iowa gets to the semifinal or final but loses, things get a bit dicey. Other teams to watch are: UCLA, USC, Texas, LSU, and UConn.

I'm not sure UConn can jump Iowa even if it wins out. LSU shouldn't jump Iowa unless it beats South Carolina. Texas would probably need to win the Big 12 Tournament. USC and UCLA play tonight, so one of those teams will not improve their resume further, while the other will add a signature win.

LOL

Have you ever watched Angel Reese? She's a really, really good ball player but damn if she doesn't run up and down the court like she had 6 knee operations. Very stiff, not fluid at all.

Even if Iowa loses in the semi, I still believe they have a chance at a 1 seed, depending how everything else falls.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Unless they pull the rug out and decide to go all in during the tournament "on the future" hyping up JuJu Watkins/USC and Hannah Hidalgo/Notre Dame depending on how far they go.

I could see ESPN with the heel turn in terms of coverage. We're already starting to see that more and more from other outlets ever since Clark announced she's going pro.

You know the dipsh**s are wanting to pair Iowa and USC in the same region.

I personally liked the bracket from last week, just with Iowa as a 1 and UCLA as a 2.

Of all the top 8 teams I'd want to see, UCLA is probably the most favorable for us, not that I'm suggesting UCLA is a pushover by any means. Every top Pac 12 team has a strong inside game that will present matchup problems for us. But I don't want Stanford (who we should avoid until Cleveland, potentially), and I don't want to give all the non-Iowa supporting, and race-baiting, pieces of sh** the satisfaction of USC/Watkins ending Iowa's run.

Ohio State will be a 2 seed now after that loss because none of the P12 teams have been upset in their tournament, and Iowa being the only other one that could fill the void (unless......)

.....LSU gets handed a free win by Dawn Staley and they get the last 1 seed. We should also avoid Reese/LSU in the Regional, because if for nothing else, they wouldn't want LSU and South Carolina to rematch in the Final Four, if both got that far. They'd rather it be a NCG, and that will especially be the case in terms of how the seeding breaks down, if LSU wins the SEC Tournament.

So that just leaves UCLA as the "ideal" 1/2 seed opponent for Iowa.

But we gotta take care of business in Minneapolis first..........
Texas and UConn are the other ones I forgot to mention.

I'm off on Texas for now unless they just dominate and I mean dominate the Big 12 tournament, which I don't even think they'll win. They will probably end up either as the 3rd or 4th two seed, so probably not gonna be a team to worry about, but at this point never say never about anything either............

UConn is the only other one that could potentially slide up, but again, it's looking like there's a log jam from 3-7 for those final 1 seeds and top 2 seeds, and I can't see UConn leapfrogging anyone else unless one of those teams underperforms in their conference tournament.

UConn is looking at the top 3 seed, which would see them go to South Carolina's region. In fact, one could argue that Ohio State's loss could dump them all the way to that last 2 seed line, and you could have:
1. South Carolina
2. Ohio State
3. UConn

I would be fine with that road for South Carolina to have to go through.

Reactions: bulletproof90
Unless the foul bug gets serious, Nebraska is going to win this. They are the better team, season ending loss to Illinois withstanding.

Hopefully Iowa is using this game as a “wake up” call! PSU is perfectly capable of giving Iowa everything and winning ONE game.

If Iowa wins today, MSU or Indiana will be there waiting…obviously Maryland is capable too. It will be a very tough road for the Hawks to hoe.
A beatdown of Indiana on a neutral court would be fine with me!!!!!!.

Have you ever watched Angel Reese? She's a really, really good ball player but damn if she doesn't run up and down the court like she had 6 knee operations. Very stiff, not fluid at all.

Even if Iowa loses in the semi, I still believe they have a chance at a 1 seed, depending how everything else falls.
Reese has figured out how to flail around aggressively and bully her way up for shots and rebounds without drawing offensive fouls.

That's what separates her from other players at her position.

A guard comparison would be Jacy Sheldon, who basically dribbles around until she either tries to imitate Caitlin Clark with a 3 but usually off a screen or twenty..........., or just throws herself into the lane at full speed for a layup attempt.

McMahon was able to have some success as a bowling ball against Iowa in Columbus, but for whatever reason she has gone away from this in recent weeks, and Ohio State has become too reliant on a 3 pt shot they just aren't that adept at.

As for Reese, her one positive is that she can be the most tenacious player on the floor and when you have the size and arm length she does, it makes it difficult for most other teams, especially smaller teams, to combat that flailing garbage.

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
Hopefully Iowa is using this game as a “wake up” call! PSU is perfectly capable of giving Iowa everything and winning ONE game.

If Iowa wins today, MSU or Indiana will be there waiting…obviously Maryland is capable too. It will be a very tough road for the Hawks to hoe.
You mean Michigan or Indiana will be there waiting.

McMahon 3 of 15, 6-11 at line. Fans do overreact to a loss. After the tOSU loss all the “we suck” crowd was out in full force.

She may never have a game like that one against us again. Her shooting is streaky and not even that out to 3.

She was allowed to roll people over and I’d wager the B1G front office was sent video.
She also got away with several blatant travels in the lane that didn't get called.

Sparty looks awful. It's going to take a miracle for them to come back in this game. I'm not sure they have the ability to do that. Especially the way they are shooting. Hopefully Iowa doesn't come out and play like the other top seeds have done today.

Reese has figured out how to flail around aggressively and bully her way up for shots and rebounds without drawing offensive fouls.

That's what separates her from other players at her position.

A guard comparison would be Jacy Sheldon, who basically dribbles around until she either tries to imitate Caitlin Clark with a 3 but usually off a screen or twenty..........., or just throws herself into the lane at full speed for a layup attempt.

McMahon was able to have some success as a bowling ball against Iowa in Columbus, but for whatever reason she has gone away from this in recent weeks, and Ohio State has become too reliant on a 3 pt shot they just aren't that adept at.

As for Reese, her one positive is that she can be the most tenacious player on the floor and when you have the size and arm length she does, it makes it difficult for most other teams, especially smaller teams, to combat that flailing garbage.

As another said, I’m pretty sure she started getting a few more foul calls. On the tOSU board they suggested the officials were in her head, but they are notorious blame the officials type of fans.

Also, I haven’t been that irritated by a game in sometime even our subsequent to losses… They just let her do whatever the hell she wanted in the middle of the lane and it was disgusting….

Actually US and the officials as it turns out….😳

Sparty looks awful. It's going to take a miracle for them to come back in this game. I'm not sure they have the ability to do that. Especially the way they are shooting. Hopefully Iowa doesn't come out and play like the other top seeds have done today.

They are done, don’t be surprised if Michigan doesn’t give IU a hell of a game with these injury issues!

They are done, don’t be surprised if Michigan doesn’t give IU a hell of a game with these injury issues!
No Molly Davis will be a problem today. Besides the officials letting McMahon mug anyone inside the lane and dribble the ball like she was playing rugby that was the first game she missed because of illness and it was very much noticed by the way the offense seemed out of sync for parts of that game.

Reactions: cmhawks99
No Molly Davis will be a problem today. Besides the officials letting McMahon mug anyone inside the lane and dribble the ball like she was playing rugby that was the first game she missed because of illness and it was very much noticed by the way the offense seemed out of sync for parts of that game.

Yes, and I’m a huge Molly Davis fan, with that said the way Affolter & Feurbach have come on as the season progressed… Affolter all year and Feurbach especially in the last 5 to 8! We are ok. I watched closely how they finished off that Ohio State game. We are really gelling in my opinion. I think we’ll put it on them early and often.

Reactions: BioHawk

LOL

Not sure who Murkowski is (senator from Alaska, right?) but Nebraska all-conference post Alexis Markowski is now 11-of-20 from the field and has grabbed 11 rebounds. Huskers lead 72-61 with under a minute left. She's running just as slowly in the fourth quarter (her eighth quarter in two days). She'll run slowly again tomorrow in the semifinals.

Best wishes to Katelyn Clarke and the Hawkeyes. ;)

#GBR

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT