ADVERTISEMENT

WBB What did we learn?

Iowa2525

HR MVP
Oct 18, 2007
Before the last three years, I couldn’t name a women’s basketball player. I knew of UConn and their history of championships in Women’s College basketball. But I feel like I’ve learned a lot about the sport. And it’s mostly a shit hole at the highest level.

Most refs are terrible and are consistently inconsistent.

Black Women hate/racist towards Clark

Jealousy and hate is rampant towards Clark.

Most programs are a net loss to the athletic budget because NCAA women’s tournament doesn’t give payouts for making tournament.

UConn former players are not to be looked up to. Completely biased and shouldn’t be given a platform on espn.

SVP is a asshat.

Dawn Staley is a good coach, but when you have that much talent going to South Carolina. You are going to win championships. I consider myself very liberal but the transgender women playing tarnishes women’s sports. I understand they want to compete but you can’t have it both ways.

WNBA is filled with hateful toxic women who don’t deserve Clark.

Agree/disagree? Add more to the list

Before the last three years, I couldn’t name a women’s basketball player. I knew of UConn and their history of championships in Women’s College basketball. But I feel like I’ve learned a lot about the sport. And it’s mostly a shit hole at the highest level.

Most programs are a net loss to the athletic budget because NCAA women’s tournament doesn’t give payouts for making tournament.

UConn former players are not to be looked up to. Completely biased and shouldn’t be given a platform on espn.

SVP is a asshat.

Dawn Staley is a good coach, but when you have that much talent going to South Carolina. You are going to win championships. I consider myself very liberal but the transgender women playing tarnishes women’s sports. I understand they want to compete but you can’t have it both ways.

I wonder why anyone would want transgender women to play women's sports? Just let any man that wants to participate, play. Just let them play without the hassle of any name change or any type of transition. This will lead to some monster dunks in women's hoops.

I think Van Pelt is very good overall. I agree his disdain for the call at the end was way too much, and he wouldn't let it go. That helped the narrative that we were gifted the game.
Normally he's one of the VERY few good things about ESPN, and while that moment wasn't his best--or one i agree with--I usually respect his work.

The Iowa team might still receive some decent support next year but it will die down.
Nationally interest will be down big time.
People watched because of Clark. The LSU game drew a big audience because of the rematch of last years championship/drama that surrounded Clark and Reece.
The championship game this year was a rematch of the last team to beat South Carolina.
No one will care next year to watch South Carolina and UConn. They better hope someone else reaches the championship or viewership will drop even more than it already will.

The Iowa team might still receive some decent support next year but it will die down.
Nationally interest will be down big time.
People watched because of Clark. The LSU game drew a big audience because of the rematch of last years championship/drama that surrounded Clark and Reece.
The championship game this year was a rematch of the last team to beat South Carolina.
No one will care next year to watch South Carolina and UConn. They better hope someone else reaches the championship or viewership will drop even more than it already will.
100% agree. I'm guessing viewership numbers for the championship game will be down 75-80% next year...2-5mil range.

They can say the game has changed, but Clark was the draw. Iowa will benefit from Clark for a year, but numbers will go back to close to what they were in prior years soon after.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
We learned the hawk women need two athletic centers in the 6' 4 to 6' 5" height. I think Bluder can have a pretty steady number of good pt guards to shooting guards and forwards to score and defend. But when Hannah has to go against Edwards and then Cardoza back to back that is tough to win games.

Reactions: nu2u and amahawk

SVP is a asshat.

Hmm. What team has transgenders playing for them?

Reactions: littlez
If we could only harness the jealousy of women...let's just say, its voluminous pettiness is a force not to be underestimated.

SVP can spread a bad opinion like a venereal disease. In fact, his name even sounds like STD.

ESPN has no qualms about having biased announcers on their halftime and pregame team(Boston is good, but....come on!), even for the championship.

Damn, I already miss Caitlin Clark. And actually the whole team. I wish they were still playing.

We learned the hawk women need two athletic centers in the 6' 4 to 6' 5" height. I think Bluder can have a pretty steady number of good pt guards to shooting guards and forwards to score and defend. But when Hannah has to go against Edwards and then Cardoza back to back that is tough to win games.
This is the main lesson. Nearly everything else identified by OP is social/political nonsense and/or Kardashian-level drama.

Thankfully, it appears that Bluder has learned this lesson. 6ft4 newcomer Ava Heiden will be on the roster next season. Also, Bluder has drawn serious interest from highly ranked class of 2025 preps 6ft5 C Layla Hays and 6ft3 F Brynn McCaughy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT