ADVERTISEMENT

Wegher signs with Carolina Panthers

I always thought he could've been on if the all time great hawkeyes. It's a shame he screwed up his life but good to see some positive things happening to him

Hope he makes a go of it. Good place to go to get a shot anyway I think.

I always thought he could've been on if the all time great hawkeyes. It's a shame he screwed up his life but good to see some positive things happening to him

He screwed it up so bad he moved back home, got back with the mother of his child, and is going to camp with an NFL team....

Poor guy

He screwed it up so bad he moved back home, got back with the mother of his child, and is going to camp with an NFL team....

Poor guy

I believe icwest was referring to BW's sudden departure from Iowa, followed by the bizarre walk-on stint at Oklahoma, followed by a some considerable time away from football and a subsequent brush with criminal charges, then a return to football at the NiAA level.

Brandon does deserve praise for getting his personal life in order and making a comeback but its not worthwhile to deny that he screwed-up after a very good freshman year at Iowa. I believe even BW has admitted as much. I sincerely hope he makes it in the NFL; what a great story that would be.

Reactions: icwestisthebest
I believe icwest was referring to BW's sudden departure from Iowa, followed by the bizarre walk-on stint at Oklahoma, followed by a some considerable time away from football and a subsequent brush with criminal charges, then a return to football at the NiAA level.

Brandon does deserve praise for getting his personal life in order and making a comeback but its not worthwhile to deny that he screwed-up after a very good freshman year at Iowa. I believe even BW has admitted as much. I sincerely hope he makes it in the NFL; what a great story that would be.

Sure, but he's getting the same chance as Weisman who started multiple years for the Hawks.

Shouldn't this be posted on the Morningside board?

Yes, I'm sure there's a great opportunity for a 26 year old rookie RB in the NFL. He'll probably expect preferential treatment again and then choose to leave camp when he doesn't get it.

It's still beyond me why we are still talking about this loser, other than his cult figure status among the Western Iowa posters that rarely get a taste of football success. He left the team under questionable circumstances, most of it being because of his own actions and choices. I will never view him as an Iowa Hawkeye.

True. Also would suggest that one is on a team that has more of a need at the position than the other.

I'm not saying Wegher has less of a shot as Weisman. I'm just saying it's not more of a shot. Unless there's need, of course. Then he does.

This is arbitrary anyways, who wants a beer?

It's still beyond me why we are still talking about this loser, other than his cult figure status among the Western Iowa posters that rarely get a taste of football success. He left the team under questionable circumstances, most of it being because of his own actions and choices. I will never view him as an Iowa Hawkeye.

Religion can be simply be a philosophy used to make us all better humans:

To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people. For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, ...
Titus 3:2-7

“ Should you become eager to mention another’s faults, recall your own. "

Prophet Muhammad

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
- Albert Einstein

Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.
- Robert Louis Stevenson

Reactions: nu2u
Special teams is his ticket to stay in the NFL...if his ego can handle it, my money is on him to stick. If he sticks, I think he has the talent to play significant minutes at RB once he proves himself.

Special teams is his ticket to stay in the NFL...if his ego can handle it, my money is on him to stick. If he sticks, I think he has the talent to play significant minutes at RB once he proves himself.
If he has the talent to play significant minutes at RB in the NFL, then why wasn't he drafted? And why did it take so long for him to get scooped up?

Damn, if only Cougar alluded to something like this in one of his posts.
Okay, I need a name change. Or just call me Coug. Or something that doesn't make me feel like I made this name my senior year of high school but has slowly turned into me feeling like a 50 year old woman cruising the clubs for tail.

Even worse when you consider Jackson was 25 when he entered the league, which is older than Wegher is.

SP fails again.
Just curious-are all of the Wegher supporters here living west of I-35 and north of I-80?
Wegher is no Fred Jackson. He's not the talent, and he's a head case. His selfishness and bad attitude will guarantee he won't stay on.

I have no ill will against him. He made some big mistakes at Iowa and he seems to have learned from them and put himself in position to follow his dream. I personally don't think he is explosive enough of a runner to stick in the NFL but you never know.

Why bash on the kid?

Just curious-are all of the Wegher supporters here living west of I-35 and north of I-80?
Wegher is no Fred Jackson. He's not the talent, and he's a head case. His selfishness and bad attitude will guarantee he won't stay on.
SP - gets called out for being wrong on multiple points. Decides to bring up geography.

For what its worthy, I do live about 2 miles west if I-35 and 7 miles north of I-80.

Yes and I made a prediction on an earlier thread that he (Jake) would get more virtual ink than CJB who is still on the team.

I have no ill will against him. He made some big mistakes at Iowa and he seems to have learned from them and put himself in position to follow his dream. I personally don't think he is explosive enough of a runner to stick in the NFL but you never know.

Why bash on the kid?
I bash the kid (if you can call a 24 year old a kid) because he WALKED AWAY FROM IOWA over BS

Reactions: RocknRollface
No connection to Wegher, but sounds like he's gotten his stuff straightened out. No reason to pile on him. Who knows, maybe he would have stayed at Iowa and turned into a world-class f-up ala Lawrence Philips. Maybe him leaving and learning some humility did him some good.

Oh and Danny Woodhead, Arian Foster, and Priest Holmes

Why not? I consider him a traitor and a quitter. And I don't see people posting about Willies in a few years when he graduates. The cult of Wegher is strong.

Just to review-you're from Sioux City right? As was Wegher?

And......

I think if Willies gets an invite to the NFL, you will.

And......

I think if Willies gets an invite to the NFL, you will.
So he's a quitter that quit my beloved Hawkeyes 5+ years ago, and Western Iowa hawkeye fans are still blabbing about him. If Willies vanished for 5 years and didn't get drafted, I doubt there would be a thread about it. Western Iowa wanted Wegher to be the next Dwight/Banks so badly that they are still talking about the ghost of Wegher's talent to this day.

And I also just found out that Wegher's younger brother is going to school in Florida for football exposure. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT