ADVERTISEMENT

What on Earth are we doing at OC???

How many times over the years for anyone that has been a manager have you had to post a job because HR said so, but you already knew who you were going to hire?
Many times. However, it’s most often been our strategy post the job as quick as possible, so we are able to make the hire we want to sooner.

But I understand your point. The posting is often a formality.

Edit: I once inquired about a job, had an interview, and was offered a position without having formally applied. Once I had the job, the HR people reached out to me to fill out the application. Again, much of this stuff is HR formalities.

Reactions: Legs94
I've been polishing up my playbook, get ready!
electronic-quarterback-coleco-1-2579.jpg

What Power 5 school is going to take anyone on the offense (excluding the two nfl decisions) besides the Kalebs, Leshon, and maybe Ostrenga?!?!? I think maybe Elsbury too
Apparently, outsiders think more highly of our players than you do. Three OL not named Elsbury made the coaches' All-B1G third team and two more were honorable mention. There might be other younger guys, too, like Jaz, who would get interest.

Beyond that, a program that is depleted at a particular position might be willing to take a chance on an unproven player, at least for depth purposes. MIchigan State, for example, now has zero scholarship QBs on the roster and might cast a wide net to fill it out. Two years ago, Kentucky took Deuce, albeit as a PWO. Last year the Hawks took Hill after Padilla and May transferred.

Well you are saying no one is coming here because we haven't named an OC yet. Seems contradictory to me.
How is anything contradictory? Recruits aren’t/haven’t been coming to Iowa because they want to play and develop under the mastermind Brian Ferentz. If they have, then yikes. Completely different from guys coming to Iowa to be developed by Phil on defense.

• Haha
Reactions: Frosty7130
Apparently, outsiders think more highly of our players than you do. Three OL not named Elsbury made the coaches' All-B1G third team and two more were honorable mention. There might be other younger guys, too, like Jaz, who would get interest.

Beyond that, a program that is depleted at a particular position might be willing to take a chance on an unproven player, at least for depth purposes. MIchigan State, for example, now has zero scholarship QBs on the roster and might cast a wide net to fill it out. Two years ago, Kentucky took Deuce, albeit as a PWO. Last year the Hawks took Hill after Padilla and May transferred.
You think Michigan State would take any of our quarterbacks?!? I’ll have what you’re having!

How is anything contradictory? Recruits aren’t/haven’t been coming to Iowa because they want to play and develop under the mastermind Brian Ferentz. If they have, then yikes. Completely different from guys coming to Iowa to be developed by Phil on defense.
You said we can't get anyone in the portal because we don't have any OC. Even though we can't really because we have no scholarships to give at this point.

The Frost rumors are weird.

He doesn't strike me as a "Kirk guy" at all, actually almost a complete opposite. I didn't get the feel their was much mutual respect after "clap gate", and he doesn't use a system similar to Kirk's style in any way.

I don't see Scotty as a realistic candidate at all and have seen no valid source report he is on Iowa's list of potential hires.

Reactions: McLovin32
You said we can't get anyone in the portal because we don't have any OC. Even though we can't really because we have no scholarships to give at this point.
Absolutely not true. It’s impossible is what you are saying to get guys in the portal with our scholarship situation?!?

I don't see Scotty as a realistic candidate at all and have seen no valid source report he is on Iowa's list of potential hires.

There IS a valid source that says he is NOT on Iowa's list of potential hires.

The Frost rumors are weird.

He doesn't strike me as a "Kirk guy" at all, actually almost a complete opposite. I didn't get the feel their was much mutual respect after "clap gate", and he doesn't use a system similar to Kirk's style in any way.

It is not happening. Second hand knowledge Kirk does not like that guy. Never happen. to corroborate that just go back to the clapping thing during 2020 game and Kirk's post game reaction to it. And then I am sure Scotty was using some recruiting tactics that Kirk did not take kindly to.

Probably doesn't much matter who we get as OC.
Whoever it is will have to toe the mark and run The Capt's archaic, antedeluvean, Pleistocene offensive Offensive scheme.
That is carved in stone.

Probably doesn't much matter who we get as OC.
Whoever it is will have to toe the mark and run The Capt's archaic, antedeluvean, Pleistocene offensive Offensive scheme.
That is carved in stone.
Are you referring to the cave drawings that kf utilizes?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT