ADVERTISEMENT

What was the last CD you bought?

drew_hawk

HR All-American
Jan 16, 2016
One day you bought a compact disc of music without knowing that it may have been the last CD you would ever purchase. What was it, and what year did you buy it?

For me: 2013 - Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Live_from_New_York_City%2C_1967_%28Simon_and_Garfunkel_album_-_cover_art%29.jpg

When Sean Price died in 2015 I bought a bundle of items to benefit his family that included a CD...before that, who knows.

Black Ice a few years ago...walked by a bin and an un open copy was 50 cents.

No idea what happened to it after I paid for it 😀

Probably, Bare Naked Ladies - One Week

They were like $15-20 back then and burners and Napster just showed up

Bought this during Xmas break, found it on Ebay used.

The_Yes_Album.png

I try to buy one used CD per month, $10 all in shipped is my spending limit. Collection building more than anything else. I listen to a lot of streaming on Dash Radio nowadays to get ideas on what to buy.

I own a Sony 400 disc CD player and a Sony 200 disc player, both work flawlessly. I got both of them non-working for less than $100 total - all they both needed were new belts and a little bit of grease on the rails the laser pickup rides on. Videos galore on Youtube on how to do those...

Every CD I own (roughly 500 give or take) are in them, and they're synced together via a cable. I just power them up, press random shuffle play, let them play all weekend long.

I don't know but I am guessing it was still the 90's.

Surprised anybody was still buying music CD's in the 2010's

I assume we are talking about music CD's. Because I bought computer programs on CD far longer than that.

Kelly Clarksons new album on the day it came out. I miss going to midnight releases.

Funny topic. I have never been a music fan so I don't know but the few CD's I did have in my car in high school would have been around 1992 or so.

The last ones I bought were blank ones to burn songs on to. Once I could start burning cds I stopped buying them. Don't recall the last cd I bought that I didn't burn

I actually bought one last night, to support a talented young musician who was playing at the local brewhouse. I enjoyed his performance very much, he kinda sounds like a young John Prine.

One problem...I don't think I own a cd player any more.

One day you bought a compact disc of music without knowing that it may have been the last CD you would ever purchase. What was it, and what year did you buy it?

For me: 2013 - Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Went to the Tallahassee Highland Games today and bought two cds to support Syr a Celtic Rock band from Columbia SC. I enjoy supporting small bands and Localish Bands.

Reactions: Moral
I have several hundred CDs and over a 100 DVDs. Make me an offer and they are yours

I think I have around 1000 CDs. Not sure what to do with them honestly. I might just sell them as lots on eBay. I have a lot of out of circulation blues CDs that are theoretically actually worth dollars.

The DVDs I decided to get rid of I took to Stuff Inc and actually made about $100 on those.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I think I have around 1000 CDs. Not sure what to do with them honestly. I might just sell them as lots on eBay. I have a lot of out of circulation blues CDs that are theoretically actually worth dollars.

The DVDs I decided to get rid of I took to Stuff Inc and actually made about $100 on those.

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out how to offload my collection. I'll go in with you.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT