Votes: 2 0.9%
  • FCS Head Coach

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • FCS OC

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Analyst

Votes: 73 33.2%

• Total voters
This confirms the limited options Brian had after his disastrous time as Iowa’s OC. No NFL team offered him for an OL or TE position.

Reactions: AEG82
P5 analyst is the winner. Completely unsurprising. Maybe next year CFB position coach.

What was wrong with him as college OL/TE coach? As OC yeah, maybe no

No he’s not. He’s mad because Brian Ferentz was literally the worst offensive coordinator in modern day power 5 football history and he’d be continuing to run this offense into the ground if Beth Goetz didn’t step in. It’s not hard.
Beth was pushed to do it lol. As we all know he was not good at OC these last few years, KF should have given him a lesser role last year and did not. We did have some nice games under BF tenure - just more bad than good in the last few years. I hope he does well. The folks above Beth wanted him gone. Another group I look in on - reported him to Maryland last week and that he was in the Maryland campus directory a few days ago. I did not say anything here until it was official.

And Iowa plays at Maryland this year.
How can he possibly help them against us? I don't see it being any help. Maybe a tad on special teams. Phil's defense isn't super complicated to begin with, and our offense is a new system.

What was wrong with him as college OL/TE coach? As OC yeah, maybe not.
The OL has had a few really good players but under preforming as a unit the ENTIRE time under Boy Wonder. Go ahead and ask "Tackled behind the line of scrimmage" Goodson if you don't believe me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greenway4Prez
How can he possibly help them against us? I don't see it being any help. Maybe a tad on special teams. Phil's defense isn't super complicated to begin with, and our offense is a new system.
I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least part of the hiring equation.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least part of the hiring equation.
Only in that he knows the other B1G teams. They're not going to hire a guy for one opponent...especially the most predictable one on the schedule.

The OL has had a few really good players but under preforming as a unit the ENTIRE time under Boy Wonder. Go ahead and ask "Tackled behind the line of scrimmage" Wadley if you don't believe me.
You are wrong dude. Brian was an excellent OL and TE coach.

You are wrong dude. Brian was an excellent OL and TE coach.
Maybe he was. He really should've stayed within his expertise if that was the case. Money wasn't an issue so take less pay and be a position coach to gain more experience before taking the jump. Also, take the jump under a different coaching staff as well. He gambled by accepting the promotion under his father as we all knew wouldn't go well at this extremely early juncture in his career. It's like being promoted to VP at a high profile company after only four years of just being a salesman and only one or two of those years being away from home (his dad). That never happens. Lots of people with 15+ years of experience that never get an OC or DC position at a Power Two program. It's a coveted position that pays a lot. Should really require a plethora of experience to get quite frankly. Hell, our current OC was a head coach for multiple years and many are upset with him! We should've honestly been even more furious about the BF hire than we were.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT