ADVERTISEMENT

Where the corn-head thread go. Come on now, can't take a little lighthearted banter...

Nov 4, 2005
between conference mates? The thread was started by one of your own, and was actually halfway entertaining. Especially compared to the usual Fertnze sucks, recruiting sucks, Wisconsin sucks, life sucks, crap one usually find around here.

between conference mates? The thread was started by one of your own, and was actually halfway entertaining. Especially compared to the usual Fertnze sucks, recruiting sucks, Wisconsin sucks, life sucks, crap one usually find around here.

Thanks for the love---even form a Husker! I live in Omaha, and the daily smak and banter is fun-relax a bit!

That is the first time I have been ran from my beloved Hawkeye board! I am a donor, season ticket holder, club seat holder. And a fan for 40 plus years!!

I just wanted to lighten things up a bit! I was there when we cheered if the Hawks got a first down, before Hayden showed up!

Just when you think we will have a bad year-the Hawks surprise you!

I don't like the cornheads-never will due to their arrogance.They take things way too seriously!

Go Hawks!!

Reactions: SantaBarbaraSker
Thanks for the love---even form a Husker! I live in Omaha, and the daily smak and banter is fun-relax a bit!

That is the first time I have been ran from my beloved Hawkeye board! I am a donor, season ticket holder, club seat holder. And a fan for 40 plus years!!

I just wanted to lighten things up a bit! I was there when we cheered if the Hawks got a first down, before Hayden showed up!

Just when you think we will have a bad year-the Hawks surprise you!

I don't like the cornheads-never will due to their arrogance.They take things way too seriously!

Go Hawks!!

Yep, compared to some things I've seen on this & another boards, it didn't seem that intense or contentious. Thought everybody was just having some fun. It's been a long off-season after all. Definitely ready to get this season going. Don't paint us all with such a wide brush. I'll talk smack with the best of them, but I definitely don't take it too seriously.

Last edited:
ferentzlol.gif

Ironic a Husker fan with how their board works and throws the ban hammer at any opposing schools fan would cry about it here when the mods here have been very generous about letting some bitch fest threads with other schools fans go on in the past.

I'm loving the B1G and the last game of the year against Iowa. I'm actually having more fun watching that game than years against Colorado. I hope we can both build this game into something special.

i didnt see the thread in question, but it seems laughable that a husker is commenting about another boards modding? Is the Husker Board still modded with an iron fist?

i didnt see the thread in question, but it seems laughable that a husker is commenting about another boards modding? Is the Husker Board still modded with an iron fist?

First off, I have zero control over how any board (husker or other) is run. Also, I never bitched about the moderating on this board. Just asked a simple question regarding the disappearance of a pretty entertaining and benign thread (a thread, I might ad, that was started by one of your own, essentially calling out Husker posters). You seemed to be a bit defensive.

First off, I have zero control over how any board (husker or other) is run. Also, I never bitched about the moderating on this board. Just asked a simple question regarding the disappearance of a pretty entertaining and benign thread (a thread, I might ad, that was started by one of your own, essentially calling out Husker posters). You seemed to be a bit defensive.

Entertaining? No. Unless you missed the first 1000 one of these threads that always turn into a pointless pissing match and brings out the usual suspects of husker fans.

Entertaining? No. Unless you missed the first 1000 one of these threads that always turn into a pointless pissing match and brings out the usual suspects of husker fans.

Just a suggestion… possibly, just possibly, you need to lighten up a bit. They call it a game for a reason.

It was a touchdown because once he had both feet down and possession of the ball, the play is dead.

Anyways, Husker fans must be THRILLED it is football season especially when you consider how Iowa has owned them in basketball, baseball, and wrestling as of lately. Yes I am sure one or two of them will attempt to bring a sport like volleyball on the table, but lets be real. The most discussed sports on these boards would be football, basketball, baseball, and then probably wrestling. You could switch the last two depending on the board.

Just a suggestion… possibly, just possibly, you need to lighten up a bit. They call it a game for a reason.

Here's a suggestion start a thread like this on a husker board Then you can have your fun. Oh wait they'd take it down as soon as it's posted or ban any Iowa fan with any remotely critical comment. Man some one should tell them to lighten up....

Because I love the rebuttal of husker fans who come to an Iowa board yet claim Iowa doesn't matter and never discussed on their board. Hmmm I wonder why? Granted there are a few who come for rational discussion but majority just trolling.

Here's a suggestion start a thread like this on a husker board Then you can have your fun. Oh wait they'd take it down as soon as it's posted or ban any Iowa fan with any remotely critical comment. Man some one should tell them to lighten up....

Because I love the rebuttal of husker fans who come to an Iowa board yet claim Iowa doesn't matter and never discussed on their board. Hmmm I wonder why? Granted there are a few who come for rational discussion but majority just trolling.

Unfortunately, the majority of posters that go to different teams boards are trolls. It sucks, it is annoying and ruins any lighthearted jabs/threads and any real discussions between fan bases. It makes most people way over sensitive to the slightest comments. Which is a bummer. I enjoy threads between fan bases as long as it is reasonably respectful and an actual football discussion.

The Nebraska board is ban heavy across the board. There are plenty of Nebraska fans that get suspensions and whatnot. And for what it is worth, most of the bans I have seen from opposing teams are warranted (obvious trolling, language, etc.). Of course there may be plenty that are unwarranted and are unnoticed.

It was a touchdown because once he had both feet down and possession of the ball, the play is dead.

Anyways, Husker fans must be THRILLED it is football season especially when you consider how Iowa has owned them in basketball, baseball, and wrestling as of lately. Yes I am sure one or two of them will attempt to bring a sport like volleyball on the table, but lets be real. The most discussed sports on these boards would be football, basketball, baseball, and then probably wrestling. You could switch the last two depending on the board.

Oh yes… high revenue sports everybody cares about. JK. Yes, unless you make it deep into the tournament, basketball is not a high revenue sport. Football is king, and always will be. The rest is just frivolous entertainment until football season rolls around again.

Hey Einstein, just cloning a thread one of your own started. Don't be that one little bi*ch that always gets butt-hurt. You can take it. Can't you?

Well, for sports worth excelling in, I think we have to bring up Bowling. I think Nebraska has a gnarly bowling team. I heard something about at least one national championship in recent years. I suspect we have a bowling dynasty going on, but I am also too lazy to check for sure.

Can Iowa compete with that?

Seriously, though, glad to be in the B1G and looking forward to both teams hopefully having a good year so our game means something for once.

Reactions: SantaBarbaraSker

i dont get defensive over silly things like messageboards.
I just find it rather amusing that someone from a board that is well known to delete anything that even sniffles a criticism towards huskers is commenting about threads deleted on another board.

As I said, i didn't see the thread in question, but whoever started the thread is irrelevant to the point i made.

i dont get defensive over silly things like messageboards.
I just find it rather amusing that someone from a board that is well known to delete anything that even sniffles a criticism towards huskers is commenting about threads deleted on another board.

As I said, i didn't see the thread in question, but whoever started the thread is irrelevant to the point i made.

And as I stated previously, I have no control over any board, husker or otherwise. Get it? I know I probably seem omnipotent to you, but I'm not.

And as I stated previously, I have no control over any board, husker or otherwise. Get it? I know I probably seem omnipotent to you, but I'm not.
So, there is really no need for you to have made this thread. you could've easily PM'ed a Moderator and asked the people who do have that control.

Oh yes… high revenue sports everybody cares about. JK. Yes, unless you make it deep into the tournament, basketball is not a high revenue sport. Football is king, and always will be. The rest is just frivolous entertainment until football season rolls around again.

Typical Husker smack. I've read this book before time and time again from Nebraska fans. I can predict what you guys will say. If you win in basketball, baseball, etc... you trash the other team. You lose in those and then they don't matter and football rules. If you lose in football, then you bring up "tradition" and "5 national titles". So there is really nothing you can say that I haven't heard before. Husker Nation = Broken Record

Hey Einstein, just cloning a thread one of your own started. Don't be that one little bi*ch that always gets butt-hurt. You can take it. Can't you?

Talk about butt hurt you are the one bitching cause it got taken down to the mods from a different board than yours and then feel the need to reply to anyone pointing out the irony of it. Why don't you just stfu leave and start your own thread on your husker board.

Nebraska fans are so cute. How long before we hear "We're Back" again for the 100th time. My guess is after they beat a mediocre Miami team. I think beating a depleted BYU squad will be too early for them to declare it, but you never know.

Nebraska fans are so cute. How long before we hear "We're Back" again for the 100th time. My guess is after they beat a mediocre Miami team. I think beating a depleted BYU squad will be too early for them to declare it, but you never know.

I'm actually pretty nervous for both games. New offense, up and down QB. We'll worry about BYU and Miami. You worry about Northern Iowa and your little brother with the nicer stadium.

I'm actually pretty nervous for both games. New offense, up and down QB. We'll worry about BYU and Miami. You worry about Northern Iowa and your little brother with the nicer stadium.

If you are going to try and be witty and as one poster thinks it's such a burn comment post get your facts straight. Illinois st not UNI. Iowa plays 2 power 5 conf teams in Pittsburgh and ISU. Not like Nebraska isn't facing any doormat teams like south Alabama and southern miss. Good try to with the troll comment on the stadium too.

so, after this gem of a response about having zero control over a board is run, i see there is no "witty" comeback in regards to PMing a moderater as it was pointless to start a thread about another thread being removed to a bunch of people who have zero control of how this board is run.

so, after this gem of a response about having zero control over a board is run, i see there is no "witty" comeback in regards to PMing a moderater as it was pointless to start a thread about another thread being removed to a bunch of people who have zero control of how this board is run.

Possibly, just possibly, your resident mod could have responded.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT