ADVERTISEMENT

Which is worse, Israel’s lies about Gaza or its western backers who repeat those lies?

The Democratically elected government of Palestine opted to carry out the October 7 massacre involving torture, rape and murder of hundreds of innocent civilians. Any military response is justified. Any and all. Hamas hiding behind civilian shields is a war crime by the way (not their only one). Palestine has zero defense for what is happening to them now. Actions have consequences.
If the Palestinians democratically elected Hamas, aren't they responsible for Hamas' actions?

Should they be considered innocent civilians or legitimate targets?

If the Palestinians democratically elected Hamas, aren't they responsible for Hamas' actions?

A good question that I will need to get back to you on with more thought later. In general I'd say they are ultimately responsible for the actions of their elected government but shouldn't be considered legitimate targets the same as a military leader as an example. I would say Israel views the citizenry as acceptable collateral damage at this point vs a military target. Hamas hiding on hospitals, etc forces Israel's hand a bit.

They are mostly innocent civilians. That said, when their elected representatives go to war, and the people waging war use those civilians as human shields, there is going to be collateral damage.

I guess Katie Pavlich can't understand English or logic, so she calls it gobbledygook.

I liked when he pointed out that the numbers they can verify are likely to be undercounts. Contrast that with the official Israeli/US position that they must be exaggerated.
You seem to not want me to post the lies being told in your lies thread. You asked which lies are worse. Staging fake deaths and making up death numbers for children are pretty good ones for the list. No?

You seem to not want me to post the lies being told in your lies thread. You asked which lies are worse. Staging fake deaths and making up death numbers for children are pretty good ones for the list. No?
You aren't helping.

Take the video that seems to show people faking injuries in the street. Is that actually a video of people faking injuries? Or is it a video make to look like people faking injuries?

How would we determine which it is?

In the number of deaths video, the journalist asked a good question and got a pretty good answer. Katie either didn't follow the answer or decided she couldn't pass up the opportunity to engage in dishonest spin.

I assume you were able to follow the answer.

Sometimes I find it hard to know if you are trying to illustrate lies or spread them. Maybe you could add a few words of your own to clarify that.

Reactions: BelemNole
You aren't helping.

Take the video that seems to show people faking injuries in the street. Is that actually a video of people faking injuries? Or is it a video make to look like people faking injuries?

How would we determine which it is?

In the number of deaths video, the journalist asked a good question and got a pretty good answer. Katie either didn't follow the answer or decided she couldn't pass up the opportunity to engage in dishonest spin.

I assume you were able to follow the answer.

Sometimes I find it hard to know if you are trying to illustrate lies or spread them. Maybe you could add a few words of your own to clarify that.
I will be honest. I saw the video earlier and wanted to find it quickly so I typed “UN death numbers” into Twitter search and that one was the first one. Didn’t even really read it. Was more about letting the video speak for himself. Overshooting death numbers by double seems very propagandish on WHO COVID levels.

Reactions: ihhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT