ADVERTISEMENT

Which movement is on the wrong side of history?

Two movements: One is on the wrong side of history. Which is it?

• Movement toward more gov't control over the citzenry

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Movement toward less gov't control over the citizenry

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Screw that, the American League should make pitchers hit. It's part of the game.

I used to agree. But I'm tired of watching pitchers flail around at the plate pretending they're hitters. There is some better strategy that goes along with it, which makes things interesting, I'll admit. Mostly I just want to see the leagues go to the same rules.

I used to agree. But I'm tired of watching pitchers flail around at the plate pretending they're hitters. There is some better strategy that goes along with it, which makes things interesting, I'll admit. Mostly I just want to see the leagues go to the same rules.

I agree on the same rule part. Especially during the World Series and inter league play. They AL should almost always win due to an extra hitter. Baseball makes me want to punch ClarindaA or Torbee!

Science will be soon able to show what a developed, sentient wonder a human fetus is and the pro-abortion crowd will still rip them to pieces.

The idea that there is a movement in favor of more government control over the citizenry is pretty silly. There are people and groups who want power. But that's not a movement.

The idea that there is a movement against more government control over the citizenry is almost as ludicrous. Sure there are large numbers of people who mouth such platitudes, but there's hardly a movement when so many of them can't agree on the examples they use or the wrongs they see.

I get accused of being pro-big-government by some here. Dumb, but it happens. I opposed the Iraq war. Most of them favored it. Which position is pro-big-government? I opposed getting caught up in Syria, staging coups in Honduras and Ukraine, expanding NSA, passing the PATRIOT Act, consolidating all our intelligence services under the Nazi-sounding Homeland Security, equipping state and local police with military-grade weapons and vehicles, and much more. Nearly everybody here supported or supports some of that. Yet I am the pro-big-government guy.

The idea that there is a movement in favor of more government control over the citizenry is pretty silly. There are people and groups who want power. But that's not a movement.

The idea that there is a movement against more government control over the citizenry is almost as ludicrous. Sure there are large numbers of people who mouth such platitudes, but there's hardly a movement when so many of them can't agree on the examples they use or the wrongs they see.

I get accused of being pro-big-government by some here. Dumb, but it happens. I opposed the Iraq war. Most of them favored it. Which position is pro-big-government? I opposed getting caught up in Syria, staging coups in Honduras and Ukraine, expanding NSA, passing the PATRIOT Act, consolidating all our intelligence services under the Nazi-sounding Homeland Security, equipping state and local police with military-grade weapons and vehicles, and much more. Nearly everybody here supported or supports some of that. Yet I am the pro-big-government guy.
You ruined it. :p This was a good thread full of mockery that made your point perfectly.

--------
As another poster said, much more strategy in National League with pitchers batting. I hate the American League DH rule. If you like the DH rule then are you also for a separate offense and defense for baseball? This not only goes against the integrity of the game but is another way for big money teams like the Yankees to widen the gap between themselves and small market teams.
I'm a Cardinal fan and bummed they lost Wainwright for the year because of an injury in the batters box; but still happy the NL doesn't use the DH.

We have a name for those people. We call them truth-tellers.

--------
As another poster said, much more strategy in National League with pitchers batting. I hate the American League DH rule. If you like the DH rule then are you also for a separate offense and defense for baseball? This not only goes against the integrity of the game but is another way for big money teams like the Yankees to widen the gap between themselves and small market teams.
I'm a Cardinal fan and bummed they lost Wainwright for the year because of an injury in the batters box; but still happy the NL doesn't use the DH.

I can see both sides. I actually enjoy the added strategy of having the pitcher hit. I don't particularly care which way they go, but I want both leagues to be the same.

The question in the OP was which movement is on the wrong side of history. I think the NL not having the DH answers that question. I see both leagues moving to the DH before the AL getting rid of it.

I opposed the Iraq war. Most of them favored it. I opposed getting caught up in Syria, staging coups in Honduras and Ukraine, expanding NSA, passing the PATRIOT Act, consolidating all our intelligence services under the Nazi-sounding Homeland Security, equipping state and local police with military-grade weapons and vehicles, and much more. Nearly everybody here supported or supports some of that.

Nice job!

It's a sad statement that 12 liberals truly believe more gov't control over our citizenry is the best answer for our country.

I mean.....it's worked out so well everywhere else in the world that it's been tried......

It's a sad statement that 12 liberals truly believe more gov't control over our citizenry is the best answer for our country.

I mean.....it's worked out so well everywhere else in the world that it's been tried......

Look at the bright side. I win every poll I post. Rejoice that smart people are in the majority. Don't be fooled by their lack of posts. Just because a couple of Dem operatives post a thousand times a day on this board doesn't put them in the majority.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT