ADVERTISEMENT

Who here drives the most expensive car?

Spending a boatload of money on a rapidly-depreciating asset is stupid.

The ONLY reason I spent close to $40k on my new car was because of a 0% interest rate deal.

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
Spending a boatload of money on a rapidly-depreciating asset is stupid.

The ONLY reason I spent close to $40k on my new car was because of a 0% interest rate deal.

Yeah but…..
2024-mercedes-amg-gt-131-654bc96f8591b.jpg

Tesla Model S that I bought new in 2015 with all the bells and whistles - sticker price was not for the faint of heart. However I had a car allowance from my company at the time and that heavily subsidized the purchase.

Great car, still going strong.
What’s the battery health on it?

Reactions: BrianNole777
Add all mine up and I might be in the running, but on their own none are worth over $75kish.

Also, not a humble brag - I bought and restored a car that is worth that because of sweat equity.
Nice. Details?
Anyone who has a recent truck. They cost about the same as half a house.
They'll give you 10 years financing on them these days too so that they're "affordable" lol

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Tesla Model S that I bought new in 2015 with all the bells and whistles - sticker price was not for the faint of heart. However I had a car allowance from my company at the time and that heavily subsidized the purchase.

Great car, still going strong.

How much was it new?

Just got an 04 Prius with about 250k miles for $3k cash from a guy in Waterloo who specializes in refurbishing the batteries and otherwise tuning up all generations of Priuses. On severance until October. Lease up the 30th and and almost all my stuff except the gear I'm packing in the Prius is in a storage unit south of Des Moines that will cost me about $500/year but is month to month. Getting apartment cleaned up and keys turned in by 24th then doing a whole Kerouac thing for the summer starting with mini family reunion I will drive to on 25th. So not me?

Just got an 04 Prius with about 250k miles for $3k cash from a guy in Waterloo who specializes in refurbishing the batteries and otherwise tuning up all generations of Priuses. On severance until October. Lease up the 30th and and almost all my stuff except the gear I'm packing in the Prius is in a storage unit south of Des Moines that will cost me about $500/year but is month to month. Getting apartment cleaned up and keys turned in by 24th then doing a whole Kerouac thing for the summer starting with mini family reunion I will drive to on 25th. So not me?

Wow!

What color?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT