ADVERTISEMENT

Why do some people stink so bad?

Feb 9, 2013
Was on a plane yesterday and this guy got on and sat a row back and across the aisle from me.

When he walked by you could smell him, then when he lifted his arms to put his bag up, it was unbearable. Every time he moved it sent a wave of stink out like rays from the sun.

How the hell does someone smell that bad? And who smells that bad and doesn’t try to do something about it? Wouldn’t you at least wonder, “It seems like I’m the only one with rank BO…interesting!”

Do they simply not smell it?

You have obviously never flown on an airplane with women from India, where overpowering body odor is considered attractive.
Nat Geo Wild Lion GIF by Savage Kingdom

Obviously personal hygiene is probably the reason for most people smelling bad. However, some folks, due to their natural chemistry, just smell. Not necessarily bad, but it's there. I went to high school with a beautiful young lady that had an odor to her. Enough so, that I could go into the dark room in photography class and know if Jennifer was there or recently had been. I realized it was a family thing when I went to her house for the first time and it was everywhere. Not a bad smell, just unique.

Was on a plane yesterday and this guy got on and sat a row back and across the aisle from me.

When he walked by you could smell him, then when he lifted his arms to put his bag up, it was unbearable. Every time he moved it sent a wave of stink out like rays from the sun.

How the hell does someone smell that bad? And who smells that bad and doesn’t try to do something about it? Wouldn’t you at least wonder, “It seems like I’m the only one with rank BO…interesting!”

Do they simply not smell it?
How long was this flight?

Have something to top that.

Coming back from Paris last summer to ATL. This dad and his son got on and sat behind us.

The stench was incredible for 7 straight hours. I tried covering my face. Pointing the vent fans. Drinking heavily.

Nothing helped.

My eyes still water.
I was trying to think of a tears zinger. Funky drops? Stank juice? River of BO?

• Haha
Reactions: ericram
Have something to top that.

Coming back from Paris last summer to ATL. This dad and his son got on and sat behind us.

The stench was incredible for 7 straight hours. I tried covering my face. Pointing the vent fans. Drinking heavily.

Nothing helped.

My eyes still water.
That is awful. What a trip.

Maybe some people don't have functioning olfactory organs and don't know they stink. You'd still think they'd have the common sense to perform personal hygiene.

And I think there are people that intentionally want to be offensive.

Obviously personal hygiene is probably the reason for most people smelling bad. However, some folks, due to their natural chemistry, just smell. Not necessarily bad, but it's there. I went to high school with a beautiful young lady that had an odor to her. Enough so, that I could go into the dark room in photography class and know if Jennifer was there or recently had been. I realized it was a family thing when I went to her house for the first time and it was everywhere. Not a bad smell, just unique.

I'm disturbed by this.

Is it possible he lives in an apartment and there is an Indian family that lives there too and their cooking has made the entire building and all of it's inhabitants smell like curry? I don't know. I knew some hog farmers when I was a kid and all their stuff had the faint smell of pig shit even when freshly laundered. Maybe it's more than a shower and some Mando can fix?

Reactions: Chuck C
Maybe some people don't have functioning olfactory organs and don't know they stink. You'd still think they'd have the common sense to perform personal hygiene.

And I think there are people that intentionally want to be offensive.
This is me. I have lost my sense of smell. I tell the people I work with to please let me know if I smell because I truly cannot smell myself.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Way back in the late 90s when I’d ball at the Field House 4 times a week, there was this old guy, probably 60-ish, who you absolutely did not want to get stuck guarding. Horrible BO combined with overactive sweat glands. Might have been Eastern European, definitely wore Rec Specs. Could hit the 3 TBF. Most likely dead by now so RIP my dude.

I think some people just get used to their stench over the years and don’t realize it.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Work with a woman, my age so middle 40’s.

For some reason, she just has BO on many days. Not all, but a lot.

She’s not even close to being overweight, hell she’s not even chubby.

I’m about 99% sure she can’t help it, it’s just how her body works.

Hard to describe the smell, it’s not even a sweaty type smell. She just has a little spice to her. lol

Maintenance guy at work stinks of B O every day.
We assume he doesn’t shower before he comes into work. Add to it that he probably only has a few work shirts/pants that the stench is probably embedded in his clothing.

When I was in High School I worked at Hy Vee, A fellow worker had really bad BO, At Christmas time we drew names to buy fellow workers presents, The guy that drew stinky guys name gave him deodorant as his present. Some thought it was mean but it actually worked, Stinky guy took the hint and his personal hygiene changed for the better immediately.

Reactions: Moral
Sometimes I think it's from what people eat or different supplements they digest as well.

I have strong body odor but I realize it. It could very well be from the industry I've worked in for the last 45 years. I shower twice daily.
The interesting thing though is even in the 1950s only 33% of the people bathed daily. I think the question we should be asking is when did we become such pussies?

Wasn’t intended to be political but here the Libtards are. Liberal women are gross dress like shit and smell like shit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT