ADVERTISEMENT

WHY is BTN blacking out Iowa/Rutgers Softball tourney game?

SpartanHawk

HR Legend
Sep 7, 2001
Dish Network's not letting me add it to my PVR schedule. I've seen ESPN broadcasts blacked out when they are aired on ABC locally, but I've never seen any other BTN broadcasts blocked. I live up in the Northwest, where there isn't any other local broadcasts of this game, that would rather have us watching than BTN for the same game.

We can only get this broadcast in the evening on replay. HUH? What explains this other than the theory here that maybe supported by this action that the Big Ten hates Iowa and its fans? They're penalizing local Rutgers fans too though in the process.

I have directv and it's not blacked out and scheduled to record

Thanks for the note. I sent a note to Dish, and it looks like it got corrected with this morning's system update. I guess it serves to always double check your settings for recording other sporting events, as they might have something happen like this too that will also need correcting.

Thanks for the note. I sent a note to Dish, and it looks like it got corrected with this morning's system update. I guess it serves to always double check your settings for recording other sporting events, as they might have something happen like this too that will also need correcting.
Just updating to add that Iowa won, which I don't see anywhere else in a thread.

Reactions: crankermo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT