ADVERTISEMENT

Why No Israel Flags?

106820239-1609969463086-gettyimages-1230455296-AFP_8YA8KY.jpeg

Where was the republican outrage when this flag was flying in the Capitol?

That's a democrat flag. Strange that republicans are so fond of it.

While I think all the pro-palestine protests are disgusting, and believe Israel has a right to exist peacefully with our support, I also have a hard time throwing support behind Israel to the point where I'd put a flag in my yard.

This is a war that's been going on, hot and cold, for many generations. Israel isn't totally clean here.

For the purposes of this particular conflict, which is just another battle in the war that will rage on with no end, Israel is in the right to want to exterminate Hamas, and Gaza elected Hamas with an overwhelming majority of the vote, so my tolerance for civilian casualties is higher than normal (how many true civilian non-combatants are still there really?). It still doesn't deserve to be "celebrated" with a flag.

Now...I don't have an Ukraine flag up and would never allow a political sign in my yard either.
Only critique I have here, is again with the point about electing Hamas. Yes, Hamas won ONE election…nearly 20 years ago. They also haven’t allowed any elections since.

I get the overall point with that, just annoyed the way it’s mentioned because it implies Palestinians have been voting for Hamas on a regular basis.

Only critique I have here, is again with the point about electing Hamas. Yes, Hamas won ONE election…nearly 20 years ago. They also haven’t allowed any elections since.

I get the overall point with that, just annoyed the way it’s mentioned because it implies Palestinians have been voting for Hamas on a regular basis.

The average age of Palestinians is 19. 40% of Gaza is 14 years or younger.

Reactions: sober_teacher
maybe some folks don’t want to make themselves targets of anti Jewish nut jobs. From either side of the political spectrum. There are morons with some really passionate feelings. With the Ukraine situation not so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moral and McLovin32
maybe some folks don’t want to make themselves targets of anti Jewish nut jobs. From either side of the political spectrum. There are morons with som really passionate feelings. With the Ukraine situation not so much.
I hadn’t really thought about it like this. Good point.

Reactions: Moral

Valid point,.. But I would have to ask, where are all the Palestinians that should now be joining Israel in the fight against Hamas?,.. Hamas should be running for their phucking lives right now...

If they really wanted bipartisan legislation like they say they do, they should have avoided the rub it in your face moment.

But they really don't and it's always been about the social media moment for the entire Democrat party just as it is for a few of the crazies on the R side. Gross. And it's BS like this stunt that actually keeps anything real from getting done more often than it does now in this hyperpartisan state we find ourselves in.

You’re adorable.

Valid point,.. But I would have to ask, where are all the Palestinians that should now be joining Israel in the fight against Hamas?,.. Hamas should be running for their phucking lives right now...
Why tho would they join the side that’s killing them?

Rationally, that seems obvious. But it’s hard to be rational when bombs and bullets are killing your friends and families.

Is Ukraine in NATO?
Seriously? I thought everyone knew this. It's kind of sad you don't. No, they're not currently part of NATO. That said, if Ukraine falls to Russia, NATO will be shaken to its core. As will the trust NATO had in the U.S. Russia would gain MASSIVE natural resources and more embolden to march on other NATO countries.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Because Biden's foreign policy success is heavily weighted in the outcome of two former soviet republics fighting it out.

A loss for Ukraine is a foreign policy loss for Biden. Flying the flag is a combination of supporting their candidiate as well as virtue signaling.
This. The Ukraine flag flyers wouldn't be flying their Ukraine flags next to their pride signs and BLM signs in their yards if Trump was president. It's a political statement.

• Haha
Reactions: Flie and McLovin32
Where do you live stanzi? My phuquin’ neighbor flies a Trump 2024 flag but not an Israeli flag….why is that?
Does your neighbor ever fly a U.S. flag on occasion? I think the prerequisite to flying any flag, should be to at least fly the American flag from time to time.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
Seriously? I thought everyone knew this. It's kind of sad you don't. No, they're not currently part of NATO. That said, if Ukraine falls to Russia, NATO will be shaken to its core. As will the trust NATO had in the U.S. Russia would gain MASSIVE natural resources and more embolden to march on other NATO countries.
I do know that they aren't part of NATO. Which made me wonder if you knew that after you said "Destabilization of NATO counties means increased defense spending in the long run. " in regards to Ukraine being attacked.

IMO, the only flag that should be waving in the US House of Representatives is the US flag.

I hope the US taxpayers enjoy paying interest on the $8B earmarked for pensions of Ukraine government officials.

Because Biden's foreign policy success is heavily weighted in the outcome of two former soviet republics fighting it out.

A loss for Ukraine is a foreign policy loss for Biden. Flying the flag is a combination of supporting their candidiate as well as virtue signaling.
Mine flies 1) Because I already have one from doing a lot of teaching about Ukraine and 2) I have a lot of friends there.

Does your neighbor ever fly a U.S. flag on occasion? I think the prerequisite to flying any flag, should be to at least fly the American flag from time to time.
It's pretty awesome that we live in a free country and don't have to fly the flag that you think we should, isn't it?

Reactions: EasyHawk
Palestinians should join with Israelis to purge Hamas from Gaza and create a free society for themselves,.. That's why.
That makes perfect, logical sense.

Now go tell Palestinians they should join the side that’s been bombing and shooting them for months.

Israel needs to make a gesture here at least if you’re serious.

That makes perfect, logical sense.

Now go tell Palestinians they should join the side that’s been bombing and shooting them for months.

Israel needs to make a gesture here at least if you’re serious.

Israel hasn't been intentionally bombing and shooting Palestinians, Palestinians are simply getting caught in the crossfire,... When you find yourself trapped between your enemy and someone who is trying to eliminate your enemy, you either get out of the way or you join in the fight,... I'm not entirely convinced that the average Palestinian is the innocent Hamas hater that they are so frequently portrayed to be...

I do know that they aren't part of NATO. Which made me wonder if you knew that after you said "Destabilization of NATO counties means increased defense spending in the long run. " in regards to Ukraine being attacked.
Yes. I believe if Ukraine falls to Russia, NATO countries will be less stable at more at risk of attack.

Do you disagree?

Yes. I believe if Ukraine falls to Russia, NATO countries will be less stable at more at risk of attack.

Do you disagree?

No more susceptible if Ukraine falls. You have to remember that the Obama Administration played a role in fomenting a coup of a duly elected president in Ukraine.

Do you disagree?
I think Ukraine was attacked specifically due tot he fact they are not in NATO. Attacking a NATO country comes with much steeper consequences and Russia knows this.

Reactions: Finance85

Do you disagree?
Can't speak for that poster, but I disagree. Putin is a bully. He seeks to overcome weakness. Putin won't attack a NATO country, and if he takes Ukraine he will be surrounded by 4 additional NATO countries. Putin fears NATO.

Reactions: Rifler
Israel hasn't been intentionally bombing and shooting Palestinians, Palestinians are simply getting caught in the crossfire,... When you find yourself trapped between your enemy and someone who is trying to eliminate your enemy, you either get out of the way or you join in the fight,... I'm not entirely convinced that the average Palestinian is the innocent Hamas hater that they are so frequently portrayed to be...
Didn’t say they had been.

Seriously, you can’t at least understand why people in Gaza would side with Israel, who has been bombing and killing them (not on purpose, but the end result is the same)?

Can't speak for that poster, but I disagree. Putin is a bully. He seeks to overcome weakness. Putin won't attack a NATO country, and if he takes Ukraine he will be surrounded by 4 additional NATO countries. Putin fears NATO.
Agree to disagree. I agree that Putin is a bully who picks on the weakest link. But after he gets Ukraine and all of its resources, I believe he'd pick on the next weakest link, be it a NATO country or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT