ADVERTISEMENT

Women's tournament thread

Kansas City Chefs!

Gde_2B.gif

Both coaches agreed to play the game as is instead of delaying to fix it. No way I play until fixed. That mistake could cost you a final 4 appearance. Imagine being down 2 and hitting a shot that would have been a 3 on the correct end but only a 2 on the incorrect end.

Man, does Van Lith look lost.

Bet she REALLY regrets that decision.

She has all year….they are truly a junkyard team. I don’t even mean that bad. They are scrappy and strong, but they are not fluid & it has come hard for them all year. To me they aren’t better. Still very good but they haven’t looked on the same page all year and your observation on her is dead on.

Absolute choke job by UCLA. You have a 6’7” girl but can’t make a simple entry pass to her.

She would not have made us better, just different. And I’ve said all year a big traditional post would have slowed us down.

Absolute choke job by UCLA. You have a 6’7” girl but can’t make a simple entry pass to her.
It’s their coach. She is holding them back. UCLA has become such a trendy destination — Betts joined Rice there as they were the #1 and #2 players in their class but their coach is just inept. I can’t believe how many coaches like this have jobs on the women’s side. KBA at Michigan is another — she doesn’t know how work with talent. Two years in a row now she has bungled an absolutely stellar roster. Next year she has two top 10 kids coming in, but I’ll be shocked if they live up to the hype. Bluder is special, she knows how to take kids to their ceiling.

It’s their coach. She is holding them back. UCLA has become such a trendy destination — Betts joined Rice there as they were the #1 and #2 players in their class but their coach is just inept. I can’t believe how many coaches like this have jobs on the women’s side. KBA at Michigan is another — she doesn’t know how work with talent. Two years in a row now she has bungled an absolutely stellar roster. Next year she has two top 10 kids coming in, but I’ll be shocked if they live up to the hype. Bluder is special, she knows how to take kids to their ceiling.
You're way too hard on Michigan. Stellar roster? lmao they haven't had a decent guard there in 2, maybe even 4 years I'd argue. Let's circle back to this in 1-2 seasons to see how she does with her 2024 recruiting class.

Reactions: shikreto
Holy hell, how do you screw up the Three point line measurements!

At Easter dinner so I couldn’t hear? Did they measure the 3 point line incorrectly??

I missed it, has the line been messed up all week or just this game?

don't know how you mess this up

5 total games have been played on this court.

1 more game is to be played tomorrow.

it was not until today that someone noticed something was off

Last edited:
You just know the guys that were doing that floor noticed they screwed up when they were about 3/4 through the job. Then, after a series of facepalms and gnashing of teeth, they just said "f**k it," and finished it anyway.

I hadn’t really watched UCLA all year. Was really disappointed in their guard play, especially with Rice being as highly rated as she was. When you look at what Jensen does with our bigs it’s crazy that a girl like Betts didn’t really give us a look. At Iowa she would score 25 a night with her eyes closed. UCLA couldn’t figure out how to even feed the post. Look at what we’ve done over the years with undersized, not super athletic Centers. Monica would dribble 5 times a game and score 20.

I hadn’t really watched UCLA all year. Was really disappointed in their guard play, especially with Rice being as highly rated as she was. When you look at what Jensen does with our bigs it’s crazy that a girl like Betts didn’t really give us a look. At Iowa she would score 25 a night with her eyes closed. UCLA couldn’t figure out how to even feed the post. Look at what we’ve done over the years with undersized, not super athletic Centers. Monica would dribble 5 times a game and score 20.
I think part of it was Betts didn't want to be a fish out of water, coming from the west coast to the Midwest.

The other more glaring issue was that Clark would only be around for a year (or potentially two at the time) while Betts and Rice are both Sophomores.

I think part of it was Betts didn't want to be a fish out of water, coming from the west coast to the Midwest.

The other more glaring issue was that Clark would only be around for a year (or potentially two at the time) while Betts and Rice are both Sophomores.
Oh, I know. But man I believe Jensen is the best big girl coach in the country. Numbers don’t lie. Sure playing with Clark helps but so many little things we do. I understood Betts wanted to stay out West. Just talking about other girls in general. Our style of play and the way we use/coach our post’s isn’t changing.

I heard Reese was up to her bullshit already. She put a crown on the scorers table in front of Clark

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT