ADVERTISEMENT

Would a good AD/President allow a “bad” hire…

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
You know, if they were really a good AD or president would they knowingly allow a really bad hire that drug a department/program down?

Wouldn’t that be the very definition of a bad general manager/owner/president, etc….

Wow, that’s a piss poor hire…oh well, I’ll see this through. You guys actually think that’s a person in charge doing their job?

Wow….is all I have

You know, if they were really a good AD or president would they knowingly allow a really bad hire that drug a department/program down?

Wouldn’t that be the very definition of a bad general manager/owner/president, etc….

Wow, that’s a piss poor hire…oh well, I’ll see this through. You guys actually think that’s a person in charge doing their job?

Wow….is all I have
They have to let the coach do his job. He may turn out to be a fantastic OC here. None of it is known yet.

I figured you’d like BG since your wife is a dike too per your own admission. I guess it’s true, there’s a fine line between love and hate.

Wow….is all I have
Gary Barta has entered the chat.

Reactions: vonviener

Wow….is all I have
Chad, people laugh at you...

Reactions: vonviener
Brian is unemployed, and could very likely end up not coaching again on at least P5 level and above. (The best offer he'll likely get is position coach at G5 level, though more likely FCS)

Does Kirk love his son enough to deliberately sabotage the Iowa offense going forward so that he can "prove" the bad performance wasn't due to Brian, but due to himself, and therefore help Brian land a good job?

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I figured you’d like BG since your wife is a dike too per your own admission. I guess it’s true, there’s a fine line between love and hate.

Nice language…I don’t remember referencing my wife as a dike, but it shows your nastiness for sure. Don’t let @IowaMuse hear you….

Brian is unemployed, and could very likely end up not coaching again on at least P5 level and above. (The best offer he'll likely get is position coach at G5 level, though more likely FCS)

Does Kirk love his son enough to deliberately sabotage the Iowa offense going forward so that he can "prove" the bad performance wasn't due to Brian, but due to himself, and therefore help Brian land a good job?
Yes, only he wouldn't claim it's been "bad" performance and then point at our 9-10 win seasons playing in the weakest division in college football. He also did it to ensure a competent OC didn't come in and prove that KF has been wrong all these years with his approach to offense.

In another thread he was telling other posters that his wife could beat them up and something about her strap on. 😂

LOL…that’s good stuff there. I doubt it would take much to kick the crap out of most of you. That’s why your here…

Nice language…I don’t remember referencing my wife as a dike, but it shows your nastiness for sure. Don’t let @IowaMuse hear you….
You have that never played a sport but was always the know it all team manager vibe about you. Haha narc nerd

You have that never played a sport but was always the know it all team manager vibe about you. Haha narc nerd

Of course I do…I would imagine some who have been here as long as me, know what I’ve played and even where. In fact played with a future Iow football player.

Wow….is all I have
Ah here you go. I’m sorry you don’t like women in power. Nice try to sanitize your misogyny.

Sloppy...did you get this insight from FOX....or Breitbach? o_O

Holy Shit! I need a vacation!
About a month in the desert for starters....whew.

Reactions: cmhawks99

Wow….is all I have
A good AD/President would base the decision that it was a "good/bad" hire on the performance of the new hire, and then critique the person that did the hiring based on that performance.

A good AD/President would base the decision that it was a "good/bad" hire on the performance of the new hire, and then critique the person that did the hiring based on that performance.

Yes, good points. However if she/they thought it wouldn’t work she’d have stepped in. Been there…

Absolutely unrefutable …

Wow….is all I have
Please list as many examples as you can of an AD overruling a P5 head coach regarding a hire of one of his assistants. Start with those who have been the HC for at least 10 years. Can't wait to read about all these AD's who are really "in charge." Teach all the stupid cats here something. TIA.

BTW - This is one of your worst troll jobs, and that's saying something.

“It is not my practice to be involved in assistant coaching decisions” (unless the former AD allowed the head coach to hire his son).

Reactions: Underscore2
Please list as many examples as you can of an AD overruling a P5 head coach regarding a hire of one of his assistants. Start with those who have been the HC for at least 10 years. Can't wait to read about all these AD's who are really "in charge." Teach all the stupid cats here something. TIA.

It’s not…

Wow….is all I have
I think you are an idiot.

That's all I have

I thought Beth had Kirks testicles in a lock box?

I think you are an idiot.

That's all I have

That is a blessing. Think about this for a minute. If you, who I clearly have zero appreciation for, thought I was smart…

Hell then I’d have to feel bad and probably apologize. So thank you I guess…🤓

I thought Beth had Kirks testicles in a lock box?
Oh, she does. He knows who's boss. But she isn't going to meddle into this hire unless he wanted to try to hire a family member again; if she did you and the other KF loyalists would go apeshit. Only difference now is that instead of firing the OC if this doesn't work out, it will be KF shown the door.

Edit - Feel free to list examples that I asked for. Don't be shy.

Anyone who thinks KF had to have BG approve this hire are kidding themselves.

Good point…every good owner/GM/President in history routinely lets their underlings hire assistants they KNOW will be poor 🙄

Wow is all I have….

Let’s run this to its conclusion…..Beth you let your head coach hire an idiot and ruin the program….

Well, ah, I wanted to let him hang himself…oh, good call, incidentally pack your backs.

More likely, sge thought he was an OK hire….

But I know, that ruins your Beth has big balls image…

Oh do I love think BG things through to their logical conclusion….

Bad GMs let bad hires happen, good GMs let people do their thing as long as they don’t see major issues…

She didn’t see any ole pal…. 😂😂😂😂

Oh, she does. He knows who's boss. But she isn't going to meddle into this hire unless he wanted to try to hire a family member again; if she did you and the other KF loyalists would go apeshit. Only difference now is that instead of firing the OC if this doesn't work out, it will be KF shown the door.

Beth would NOT allow someone to make a piss poor hire, in her mind, nor would ANY good AD.

She clearly believes he has a chance to be good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT