ADVERTISEMENT

Would a good AD/President allow a “bad” hire…

Brian is unemployed, and could very likely end up not coaching again on at least P5 level and above. (The best offer he'll likely get is position coach at G5 level, though more likely FCS)

Does Kirk love his son enough to deliberately sabotage the Iowa offense going forward so that he can "prove" the bad performance wasn't due to Brian, but due to himself, and therefore help Brian land a good job?
I think the last three seasons may show that he’d consider it.
Remember, he’s trying to make himself look better too.

If you want to attempt to bring in a high level replacement for Kirk at some point (in the distant future) then you have to allow him to make the hires he wants for his staff. The one caveat being that the candidates have to be qualified for the open position. Lester‘s resume isn’t terribly impressive, but he is qualified.
I don’t believe that BG was ever going to have a say in this hire.

You know, if they were really a good AD or president would they knowingly allow a really bad hire that drug a department/program down?

Wouldn’t that be the very definition of a bad general manager/owner/president, etc….

Wow, that’s a piss poor hire…oh well, I’ll see this through. You guys actually think that’s a person in charge doing their job?

Wow….is all I have
Recherche GIF by Landau Media

You know, if they were really a good AD or president would they knowingly allow a really bad hire that drug a department/program down?

Wouldn’t that be the very definition of a bad general manager/owner/president, etc….

Wow, that’s a piss poor hire…oh well, I’ll see this through. You guys actually think that’s a person in charge doing their job?

Wow….is all I have
What is your evidence this is a bad hire? It must be miserable being you! Go Hawks!

Beth would NOT allow someone to make a piss poor hire, in her mind, nor would ANY good AD.

She clearly believes he has a chance to be good.
KF would have tried to pull off a troll job to the level of trying to hire an Iowa City area junior high coach in order for the AD to actually step in and do something about it.

I know what you’re trying to do, and it isn’t working. BG is allowing KF, the latitude to make this hire without interfering. It does not mean that she completely agrees with it or she thinks he was the best candidate. Nor does it mean that she is not in absolute control, and really good at her job.

Reactions: intrepodor
KF would have tried to pull off a troll job to the level of trying to hire an Iowa City area junior high coach in order for the AD to actually step in and do something about it.

I know what you’re trying to do, and it isn’t working. BG is allowing KF, the latitude to make this hire without interfering. It does not mean that she completely agrees with it or she thinks he was the best candidate. Nor does it mean that she is not in absolute control, and really good at her job.

It has worked. You’re not the only one I’m talking to. Your just to stupid to connect the dots. Others already have…

That’s on you and yes, she is in control. I’m glad she is our AD. She is clearly way brighter than you…

although, really, that goes without saying doesn’t it…😂

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
It has worked. You’re not the only one I’m talking to. Your just to stupid to connect the dots. Others already have…

That’s on you and yes, she is in control. I’m glad she is our AD. She is clearly way brighter than you…

There is nothing about this that I don’t understand. You call everyone who doesn’t agree with you stupid, which only shows your lack of intelligence. You’re no different than those you insult on this board every day. The fact that you think you are makes me laugh. Now go hug your stupid gay kids and amazon wife.

There is nothing about this that I don’t understand. You call everyone who doesn’t agree with you stupid, which only shows your lack of intelligence. You’re no different than those you insult on this board every day. The fact that you think you are makes me laugh. Now go hug your stupid gay kids and amazon wife.

Everyone huh….stupid people use hyperbole a lot. You must have missed the post where I CLEARLY said I was an asshole and in fact I’m HERE to be an asshole…to the likes of you.

I don’t think I’m better than you…I just want you to get what you give….easy peasy 😂

Now FWIW, I am also here to get information and have fun with some of the people I have built relationships with over the last 20 years, positive ones… But I don’t like your style and I don’t feel smarter than you, I don’t feel better than you I just want to **** with you…🤷‍♂️

Put that in your pipe and smoke it….

Ah here you go. I’m sorry you don’t like women in power. Nice try to sanitize your misogyny.
Or someone is very over sensitive. Nowhere in that statement is there even a hint of sexism. If this is such a bad hire, then Ferentz's boss should have stopped it. If not, then fine. But to call someone a sexist requires hard evidence, not the psychic ability to deem the intent of someone's motives when the words belie the conclusion.

Or someone is very over sensitive. Nowhere in that statement is there even a hint of sexism. If this is such a bad hire, then Ferentz's boss should have stopped it. If not, then fine. But to call someone a sexist requires hard evidence, not the psychic ability to deem the intent of someone's motives when the words belie the conclusion.

Don’t sweat it….I didn’t take it personally from someone like him. Or really anyone really…I know who I am 😊

Beth said she wasn’t going to have anything to do with the OC hire. She’s going to let Kirk be his own undoing.
She did Not say she would let Kirk be his own undoing. And I’d be very disappointed in her if she purposefully let him hire someone incompetent…

So should we all…

She did Not say she would let Kirk be his own undoing. And I’d be very disappointed in her if she purposefully let him hire someone incompetent…

So should we all…
She bascially said it’s his call to make.

That tells me the ball is in his court.

Everyone huh….stupid people use hyperbole a lot. You must have missed the post where I CLEARLY said I was an asshole and in fact I’m HERE to be an asshole…to the likes of you.

I don’t think I’m better than you…I just want you to get what you give….easy peasy 😂

Now FWIW, I am also here to get information and have fun with some of the people I have built relationships with over the last 20 years, positive ones… But I don’t like your style and I don’t feel smarter than you, I don’t feel better than you I just want to **** with you…🤷‍♂️

Put that in your pipe and smoke it….
I can understand why you don't like my style, since I make you look like a fool.

"built relationships with over the last 20 years." LOL. Sounds like your best friends are anonymous message board yahoos.

You want to **** with me? I'm honored that you think so highly of me. You are of absolutely no concern to me whatsoever. When pests get in my way, I squash 'em....easy peasy 😂 (look, I'm cool because I use a laugh emoji)

She bascially said it’s his call to make.

That tells me the ball is in his court.

Please, and I’m not being an ass, but please….we had an epic melt down about how BAD this hire was.

If, IF this was a very bad hire, she had an obligation to step in. She does NOT share the board opinion that it was a BAD hire…

This board has the opinion BG or Triple B if you will has it locked down…and yet she let this happen, which means, while maybe not her choice “we honestly don’t know that” she thinks it has a reasonable chance to succeed. If she didn’t she failed….

I’m here to point that out…and no amount of pettiness takes that obvious observation away.

It’s a bonus it pisses them off…😂😂

Reactions: intrepodor
I can understand why you don't like my style, since I make you look like a fool.

"built relationships with over the last 20 years." LOL. Sounds like your best friends are anonymous message board yahoos.

You want to **** with me? I'm honored that you think so highly of me. You are of absolutely no concern to me whatsoever. When pests get in my way, I squash 'em....easy peasy 😂 (look, I'm cool because I use a laugh emoji)

Ok….🤷‍♂️

Wow….is all I have

Unless you can see into the future she has to let it play out. Somehow if he doesn't perform I think he'll be on a short leash.

Please, and I’m not being an ass, but please….we had an epic melt down about how BAD this hire was.

If, IF this was a very bad hire, she had an obligation to step in. She does NOT share the board opinion that it was a BAD hire…

This board has the opinion BG or Triple B if you will has it locked down…and yet she let this happen, which means, while maybe not her choice “we honestly don’t know that” she thinks it has a reasonable chance to succeed. If she didn’t she failed….

I’m here to point that out…and no amount of pettiness takes that obvious observation away.

It’s a bonus it pisses them off…😂😂
It looks bad I won’t argue, but no AD is going to step in before a down is even play. She fired Brian and said she would let Kirk handle the replacement. His buyout is too high so what she supposed to do? Step in and cause a shit storm? If Iowa struggles on offense this year I could see something being done but not until the end of the season. Kirk has been here a long time and Beth already fired his son. She’s letting him try to turn the offense around. Yeah it looks bad on paper but let’s see how the season plays out.

Reactions: cmhawks99

*You’re
*too

Reactions: cmhawks99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT