ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Simpson

He has not visited. Sounded like he would but now I'm not so sure. I think he really wants an MSU offer.

Theses guys that are waiting for an offer from a blue blood I say screw them, lets go after guys that want to be hawks.

Theses guys that are waiting for an offer from a blue blood I say screw them, lets go after guys that want to be hawks.

Let's be honest, most of these kids probably don't grow really wanting to be Hawks and a blue blood offer is almost always going to sway them.

The only kids that are going to give quick commitments to Fran are the kids that are from Iowa. It takes a lot of work and patience in recruting.

Just an update here. Simpson committted to Michigan today. One of the stranger recruiting stories I've seen. Took a visit to ISU a month ago, was presumed they were the favorite, a visit to Illinois, then Wisky jumped in with an offer followed by a visit and it was looking pretty rosy for Wisky. As of earlier this week, his Final 4 were Wisky, Illinois, ISU, and Miami.

And then he picked Michigan. Some speculation that he took a quiet visit to Michigan over the weekend.

Crazy.

Well Michigan lost another 4-Star Point Guard a couple of days ago. He dropped them from his list.

So it looks like they swooped in and grabbed him--- very Kentucky like. Impressive if that's what happened.

Wisconsin, Il, and Iowa State were 3 of the Final four choices.

Coach Ryan and the Badgers thought they had him locked in - then Michigan came out and snatched him away. Badgers are now after another 4* that Illinois have been after - not sure the player. Must be difficult for Bo - do you tell the recruit that you'll be there to coach him for more than one year?

He has not visited. Sounded like he would but now I'm not so sure. I think he really wants an MSU offer.

Izzo liked Simpson and he would have committed on the spot if offered, but Winston was a higher priority. Badger ended up getting screwed in the end because Simpson was theirs to lose until the last minute.

Coach Ryan and the Badgers thought they had him locked in - then Michigan came out and snatched him away. Badgers are now after another 4* that Illinois have been after - not sure the player. Must be difficult for Bo - do you tell the recruit that you'll be there to coach him for more than one year?

No, Simpson's dad reached out to Michigan's coaches 5 weeks ago to gauge their interest and they ended up arranging a visit to Ann Arbor this past weekend. Beilein offered Winston a chance to commit and he couldn't so they offered Simpson and he jumped on it right away. Michigan then dropped Winston (hence why his tweet said Michigan wasn't an option any more) and Simpson kept it quiet until his announcement.

The recruitniks thought his announcement following his visit to Madison was a sign he was headed to Wisconsin. They didn't know he went to Ann Arbor after Madison.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT