ADVERTISEMENT

Yes!

TC will do just that. He has the skillset and athletic ability to make it happen. And I believe more than enough determination.... TC has been shown the light on where he needs to be to meet his goals. I think it will happen!

This team should be significantly improved. With just a slight improvement in defense alone. That will add several victories. Add a much improved defense, and we are looking at a 6-8 win swing.

When you add 3 more above average ballhandlers to the roster, in JoeW, CJ & Connor, our turnovers should drop significantly. That adds another 4-6 wins.

Is a 10 game swing in the W column possible?? Thoughts?

Iowa did. If he can find his grove and improve his deficiencies.

I was honestly expecting him to not return.

I'm glad to be proven wrong. Hopefully this fall I will get another pleasant surprise with the commitment of DJ Carton.

Reactions: hawkeyeguy69
TC will do just that. He has the skillset and athletic ability to make it happen. And I believe more than enough determination.... TC has been shown the light on where he needs to be to meet his goals. I think it will happen!

This team should be significantly improved. With just a slight improvement in defense alone. That will add several victories. Add a much improved defense, and we are looking at a 6-8 win swing.

When you add 3 more above average ballhandlers to the roster, in JoeW, CJ & Connor, our turnovers should drop significantly. That adds another 4-6 wins.

Anything is possible, until it isn't. Likely? Not in my opinion, but you play the games for a reason.

Iowa did. If he can find his grove and improve his deficiencies.

10 win swing is absolute best case scenario (my guess) and I think a long shot.....but 6 wins seems like it’s possible and that’s 20 wins. 8 additional wins is 22 and when I look at the talent of the probable starting 5 that’s within reach.

10 win swing is absolute best case scenario (my guess) and I think a long shot.....but 6 wins seems like it’s possible and that’s 20 wins. 8 additional wins is 22 and when I look at the talent of the probable starting 5 that’s within reach.

This your starting 5?
JBo
Moss
Joe W
Cook
Garza

Next in Kriener, Dailey, Baer, Nunge. With Connor & Pemsl spelling a few minutes.

If Joe W comes in and does what is possible (and maybe overly expected), and Moss brings some consistency with some D. Then I see an 8 win swing as being a nearly sure thing.

Reactions: perryhawk
This your starting 5?
JBo
Moss
Joe W
Cook
Garza

Next in Kriener, Dailey, Baer, Nunge. With Connor & Pemsl spelling a few minutes.

If Joe W comes in and does what is possible (and maybe overly expected), and Moss brings some consistency with some D. Then I see an 8 win swing as being a nearly sure thing.

Yes that is my best guess for the starting 5......I'm guessing Connor plays quite a bit to both rest JB and when JB moves to the 2G if Moss is not being productive in a given game.

I would like to see Pemsl redshirt and get in the best physical condition possible while adding to his game. Then when TC leaves next year he is ready to step in and play well. That said, he was a good interior defender in some instances (against some players who were physical) and we certainly need that on this team.

I was honestly expecting him to not return.

I honestly didn't expect him to go.

He had developed some improved outside skills later in the season, but still had A LOT to work on before he'd be NBA ready.

Far too many who declare early and go undrafted don't ever make it out of development leagues. Not necessarily because of a lack of talent, but because of a lack of discipline. In school, you have lots of structure around you and the system is built to maintain some discipline/control. You get to the NBA D-Leagues, and you're mostly on your own, to do whatever you want. And 20+ yr old kids ain't the best at making decisions at that point in their lives.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Yes that is my best guess for the starting 5......I'm guessing Connor plays quite a bit to both rest JB and when JB moves to the 2G if Moss is not being productive in a given game.

I would like to see Pemsl redshirt and get in the best physical condition possible while adding to his game. Then when TC leaves next year he is ready to step in and play well. That said, he was a good interior defender in some instances (against some players who were physical) and we certainly need that on this team.

I am thinking the same thing for Pemsl. We have plenty of Bigs for now.

I am thinking the same thing for Pemsl. We have plenty of Bigs for now.

We need a guard or two with some quicks.

Bohannon is a good player; he is not able to keep up with the faster/athletic guards. He struggles when defended by a faster player.

This your starting 5?
JBo
Moss
Joe W
Cook
Garza

Eliminate 3-4 terrible defensive possessions and 3-4 of the really careless unforced turnovers per game and you're there.

Boy I could not agree with you more. It would certainly be in Pemsl's best interest to redshirt so he can get big minutes after Tyler is gone.

Boy I could not agree with you more. It would certainly be in Pemsl's best interest to redshirt so he can get big minutes after Tyler is gone.
Pemsl needs to work on going with the weak hand. Defenders figured out after his first year, that if you just defend him going left (I think he's a lefty, correct?), that he has no move the other direction. Once he gets comfortable with that weak-hand footwork, to where he can naturally make the move either direction w/o thinking about it, he has B10 caliber skills.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT