ADVERTISEMENT

You know it's bad when...

Iowa starts the season with Illinois State and Iowa State, but instead of anticipating blowouts, Hawkeye fans fear opening the season 0-2.

I don't fear starting the season 0-2. We will beat Illinois State. My guess is we also handle Iowa State.

Reactions: mcljd
I agree with the OP. There was a time when playing the likes of Illinois State and Iowa State would be looked at as gimme's, although Iowa has lost plenty of games to Iowa State that should have been gimme's. Starting the season 0 & 2 and finishing the non-conference part of the schedule 1 & 3 is a seriously real possibility. It's not doom and gloom, it's reality. It's also possible that Iowa goes 4 & 0, but I doubt it. My guess is the Hawks finish the non-conference at 2 & 2.

Reactions: And1Hawk
I think it's bad when you are afraid of losing 2 games that you had no involvement. That is hardly something to be afraid of. You're kind of a pussy. Signed. Internet Tough Guy.

Reactions: DrVenkman
"this is freaking ISU we are talking about. they are one quarter step above kansas football. barely."

Careful, careful you will bring out the copycats...this is freaking Iowa we are talking about. they are one quarter step above Purdue football. barely.

"this is freaking ISU we are talking about. they are one quarter step above kansas football. barely."

Careful, careful you will bring out the copycats...this is freaking Iowa we are talking about. they are one quarter step above Purdue football. barely.
M
They are one quarter step below Nebraska, barely.
Fify.

If we lose either of the first two games then Ferentz will be done in the eyes of the fans. I can only imagine what things will be like if we start 0-2 (which is very possible).

Say what you want about Illinois State, but Tre Roberson will give us fits. Also, Brock Spack will know EVERYTHING Iowa is going to do.

Reactions: Bob Backlund
7-9 against isu?? That's truly pathetic, it was funner when we were naming the score in that game.

Yeah, but to be honest that was our Super Bowl back then for awhile. Hayden made no bones about how important he thought the ISU game was to the future of Iowa Football. I can still recall the game sometime in the late 80's when we only beat ISU by only 7 instead of the usual 40 or 50 and how that result devastated Hawkeye fans and encouraged Cyclone fans to come out of the closet once again.

How about we make a deal, we post our predictions, and when Iowa goes 2-0 you leave the board for the season.

Oh who am I kidding, the 0-2 guys will be screaming for national titles at 2-0. Before last season that talk was real...

And they've had FOUR coaches in that period!!! Now on their fifth.
So that indicates to me that they are trying for improvement, if only with moderate success. I guess Iowa fans comparing themselves to Kansas football says a lot.

I completely agree that it is bad how pathetic some of the fans have gotten. Carry on.

titanic-gif.gif

If we lose either of the first two games then Ferentz will be done in the eyes of the fans. I can only imagine what things will be like if we start 0-2 (which is very possible).

Say what you want about Illinois State, but Tre Roberson will give us fits. Also, Brock Spack will know EVERYTHING Iowa is going to do.

Don't see how this is any different than from what every other coach vs Iowa has known in the last how many years. Not like Iowa will surprise them or any other team they play next season or opposition won't have a good idea what the Hawks will be doing.

That being said IL St just lost their stud RB who ran for over 2000 yards to drug arrest and top 3 receivers to graduation. Misery loves company and sure there are several on here who would love that with an Iowa loss in their first game but personally don't see that happening.

Did you see Ball State leading Iowa 14-3 with five minutes to play last year? And did you see KF calling a TO to negate a missed FG by ISU and setting up the Cyclones winning kick? You probably did... And both were mighty impressive feats by Iowa and its NFL-anchored offensive line and awesome QB. But you already knew that, too.

So I say any team that can put up 3 points on Ball State in 55 minutes and lose to ISU at home is capable of losing to Illinois State and @ Ames. Just an opinion, but it's based on facts--sad, sad facts--but facts nonetheless. Sorry.

Reactions: And1Hawk
Did you see Ball State leading Iowa 14-3 with five minutes to play last year? And did you see KF calling a TO to negate a missed FG by ISU and setting up the Cyclones winning kick? You probably did... And both were mighty impressive feats by Iowa and its NFL-anchored offensive line and awesome QB. But you already knew that, too.

So I say any team that can put up 3 points on Ball State in 55 minutes and lose to ISU at home is capable of losing to Illinois State and @ Ames. Just an opinion, but it's based on facts--sad, sad facts--but facts nonetheless. Sorry.

This......I don't understand why it is considered doom and gloom to think that it is very possible we will be 1-1 after 2 games. I hope not and I would be pissed but would I be shocked? Hell no. I would be shocked if we won both games by 30 plus points.

here's my prediction:

Iowa @ Ames, Iowa will be a 12.5 point favorite. there will be an equivalent number of iowa fans who say A) Iowa will cover that easy and B) there's no way Iowa could/would/should lose this game to this terrible team/program.

Iowa comes out and plays tight, more wallets are stolen, and Iowa loses 13-27 to ISU.

National title hopes in Hawkeye land are dashed, some more fans jump ship.

Kirk collects $77,000 for his pay the week of the game and laughs, "well heck, That's Football."

Iowa falls to 3-6 in Ames under Ferentz, his loyal defenders vigorously support him anyways.

nothing changes....

Reactions: kinnick.crusader
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT