ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Dykstra commits to Miami

I don't have the data to back that up but I would think Miami has put almost as many OL in the NFL as Iowa has in the past 16 years under KF's watch.
I think it i pretty close, I mean I can't argue the fact that they produce talented players. Heck there were some teams in the early 2000's that they had almost their entire team drafted, but then again that was all well documented on 30 for 30....I mean I get it but then again I just don't

Zach loves Florida and the opportunity to play early. He really hit it off with OL coach Stacy Searels, and head coach Mark Richt. Coach Morgan still thinks they can get him on board. I guess Searels sold him on early PT and said they're filling up quickly.

Reactions: Hawks_Rock_12
oh well. next. so we have up next for a instate kid or other than Clark from NJ who by 247 is warm to IA, is out there as IA only offered 4 OL to date,
any guesses?
The word on Micah Clark is he want to leave Jersey to "experience something different", just like the loss with Zach
He is hot on osu and Bama and Clemson and then you. I say he goes Big Ten as almost everyone has offered him but NW and Indiana, to date. Wish we could keep him home. But such is the mind of an 18 year old.

I think it i pretty close, I mean I can't argue the fact that they produce talented players. Heck there were some teams in the early 2000's that they had almost their entire team drafted, but then again that was all well documented on 30 for 30....I mean I get it but then again I just don't
So you're saying they're the nebby of the south? :D Couldn't help myself

1 top 25 finish in the the last 10 years....pretty sad. ZERO 10 wins seasons in that span...
1 bowl win in the last 10 year, a 1 point win vs Nevada.

If weather over winning is important, I guess he made the right choice

Reactions: 24 so far
Anyone who raves about SoFla weather has never spent a summer in SoFla. And only in the SEC could a college football player afford to party on SoBe. Perhaps back in the day a scUM player could afford it but those donors are now doing time.

From a pure football perspective, Iowa makes more sense. From an educational, cultural, and social experience Miami might be attractive. He spent 18 years living in Spirit Lake. Now he can meet new people from all different geographies and walks of life at a pretty well-regarded private school that is located in a diverse, vibrant city, far from where he grew up. It would be an exciting opportunity.
Isnt miami on the verge of or under sanctions?

From a pure football perspective, Iowa makes more sense. From an educational, cultural, and social experience Miami might be attractive. He spent 18 years living in Spirit Lake. Now he can meet new people from all different geographies and walks of life at a pretty well-regarded private school that is located in a diverse, vibrant city, far from where he grew up. It would be an exciting opportunity.
My daughter was recruited for rowing, she wanted a warm weather school. Hawks wanted her badly, but Stanford was hard to walk away from. If I had been recruited by Miami, Mishigan, ND, my head would have been turned! Walking to class in the snow is rough!

My daughter was recruited for rowing, she wanted a warm weather school. Hawks wanted her badly, but Stanford was hard to walk away from. If I had been recruited by Miami, Mishigan, ND, my head would have been turned! Walking to class in the snow is rough!

Yeah and a Stanford degree will carry just a bit more weight in the real world.

I live in a "diverse, vibrant city". I'd take Spirit Lake in a heartbeat over any of those "wonderful opportunities".

Miami is warm. There's the intrigue.

Miami is a shithole. If you are talking socal, sure. Florida??? Please.

The last time I was in Miami was in 1995. Despite the beauty of the area it was just a very different culture down there. I am sure many people enjoy it but I have to believe many more people would not care for it.

The last time I was in Miami was in 1995. Despite the beauty of the area it was just a very different culture down there. I am sure many people enjoy it but I have to believe many more people would not care for it.

Don't check census bureau data comparing Iowa to Florida. You won't like what you find.

Don't check census bureau data comparing Iowa to Florida. You won't like what you find.

Agreed. However, IMHO, both state's population growth trends are problematic--Florida's high-speed growth (something like 1,000 newcomers per day) is too much, too fast while Iowa's snail-like growth rate, especially in its small rural communities, bodes poorly for the state's future.

Not a problem. We have a factory here for Offensive Linemen.

If this was an in-state 4* tailback or QB, I'd be miffed.
Looks like your current line could use some help. Isn't Miami a Top 10 football team right now?

Clone - don't you have your own game to worry about? Yet just hours before what Williams and Walters are calling the biggest game in Cyclone history you are posting on an Iowa message board about a kid that chose Miami over a year ago? Maybe u should get to your game and help not have the Jack look pathetic again on TV as there are still over 5K tickets available for the biggest game in Clone history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT