ADVERTISEMENT

‘I Feel Sorry for Americans’: A Baffled World Watches the U.S.

It just amazes me that anyone can look around at this country today and say to themselves, "You know, THIS is how America should be!" What part of this is good? What part of this is better than it was 5 years ago?
I was thinking, maybe if we looked at everything through a racialized lens we could really move forward. Get that paper bag test back up in here and really begin that healing. Ya heard?

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I don't think anyone could have predicted this terrible of a scenario. This is surreal. Nearly a quarter of a million citizens dead with no federal response, a wacko sitting in the Oval Office claiming he will not accede to the will of the people if he loses the election. Hundreds of former military and defense, Justice officials and just about everyone else with a brain and common sense endorsing Biden and stating the Orange Turd's unfitness for the office.

When I would travel in other countries around the world when Obama was president, it was crazy how many people from little kids to adults with start chanting Obama and dancing and acting excited when they found out (or guessed) I was from the US.

Let’s just say under Trump, people are less enthusiastic about him and Americans.

The rest of the world has always had bad things to say about America. Our death as a nation has been predicted and hopes for since our inception.

And has absolutely zero relevance to the shit show Trump has turned the federal government in to.

If they want to send us aid is there a mailing address database for checks?

I will take cash, pity don't feed the bulldog.

People honestly spend energy on this type of crap? Lol, I suggest going for a walk and finding some friends.

Searching for something to be outraged about everyday must be exhausting.

If they want to send us aid is there a mailing address database for checks?

I will take cash, pity don't feed the bulldog.

People honestly spend energy on this type of crap? Lol, I suggest going for a walk and finding some friends.

Searching for something to be outraged about everyday must be exhausting.

Of course the NY Times and left in general love trashing America it seems.

6p5SaociWp6DK2bZ_Tngc9DGLsjY0TBsWk2bE9dEC421-XDvQy0R9wI3TV-A7NFvkn9HSs0QHlQwfnz8Y4YupRzk8IyE3klJ7LyXnWuzdahrj-xMLyj1wAbPmiF9MSvxojz8VFGrCTzC8WUFrGLN4k8eltngMMdlLAqY5J2oF8wY7agicZYHF5jLtOGOeDpG3VYr6D4a2wFzmrCoG9ixPxFNxJeYhIOeg7zgBW_FTxTYg54OQ9HeHeRI1L7CEj67XcxuyVCR-zfO4WdWTNagG1m7Hm2L7DkvzjGVONrUJ9vQVjxC0Gq48-Dqqdfkbq-e7GrWoc5olSoHBM9wl2U9hioqsU7MrLW8H2ZzpM0TAxyypIFLvg2ZILwgjLZ-_Tf-D5RjRtPJS4w6WWUQx5AH3zpG_u8Svc2gEtm0rSMDOFQ3u9STkQn6hFGwkkMpADZOCjKdnmVf49fV7WtMaBK3OT5wjoLwJU97FXK3zm7qa4-pvTVsiXXQvVhnD-iNSmUzdCZgUDvSH63kIOEQ-ox6Hm9Vn9Dsmu4F_OGENd31mZsjKFASUNUa9UFp56taGuc18wuZUHea40z8FVG4-iDIb9B2KKPRXygncIjfEvsSi9Hf5cWWg3e08NsfMEzPEYlHUKDifD7Bj6J6uheft_kNhqCIPwxKDr-rEF-fktEfk6ctOvh0nZGAr1Zu4VU=w503-h153-no

When I would travel in other countries around the world when Obama was president, it was crazy how many people from little kids to adults with start chanting Obama and dancing and acting excited when they found out (or guessed) I was from the US.

Let’s just say under Trump, people are less enthusiastic about him and Americans.

People but this shit that you sell? What a laughable comment.

So you would just be walking down the street in let's say Hong Kong or Shang Hai and the people there would start dancing and acting excited because they thought you were from the US?

Good lord. Were they selling things when you got off your tour bus? If so I can clue you in on why they were acting that way.

By the way I don't believe you. Because I have actually travelled all over the world and what you just described doesn't happen. Ever.

Last edited:
Have lived overseas both in Europe and in Asia. How about you?

You have zero idea what you are talking about

I hope you’re not referring to military deployments, very different.

If not, I’ll concede you have more experience. But I’ve been out of the country more than most for both work and pleasure. And much of it during Obama and Trump...and it’s obvious where I’ve been that Trump has hurt our global image.

Social Democracy?
Absolutely. We could use more of that here. Maybe not every aspect, but some.
Heck, almost any kind of democracy would be nice. Other than failed and corrupted democracy.

I'm not sure it's possible to resuscitate American democracy but if it is, surely this is our last chance.

People but this shit that you sell? What a laughable comment.

So you would just be walking down the street in let's say Hong Kong or Shang Hai and the people there would start dancing and acting excited because they thought you were from the US?

Good lord. Were they selling things when you got off your tour bus? If so I can clue you I. On why they were acting that way.

By the way I don't believe you. Because I have actually travelled all over the world and what you just described doesn't happen. Ever.

Obviously it did not happen while I was walking down the street in the business section of Singapore or London.

But I will swear on my life that it happened to me in rural Peru, Turkey, and elsewhere.

Reactions: naturalmwa
And then we look at 90%+ of the other countries and say, wow, as bad as it seems we’re still better off than them.

Have lived overseas both in Europe and in Asia. How about you?

You have zero idea what you are talking about

It's a good bet that you haven't lived or traveled overseas since the covid 19 pandemic revealed us to be (at least under Trump Republican leadership) a third world level pathetic country.

The questioning of the legitimacy of free and fair elections and the refusal of the leader of the country to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses would be another indicator of the meltdown of the country to any foreign observers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT