ADVERTISEMENT

‘We Hope They Die’

The police created this, now they’re finding out they’ve gone too far.
People apparently aren’t going to put with it anymore.
Take a good look at where we are today.
Don’t look away.
The police as a whole, huh? So stigmatizing and stereotyping the black community due to the actions of some is wrong, but doing so with the Cops is acceptable. God, the hypocrisy and double standards are unbelievable.

The police as a whole, huh? So stigmatizing and stereotyping the black community due to the actions of some is wrong, but doing so with the Cops is acceptable. God, the hypocrisy and double standards are unbelievable.
They sure are.

The haste with which people want to simplify and simplify some more, to promote an oversimplified narrative—and when—is dizzying as much as it is disappointing.

For him you say without a doubt there are neighborhoods that would welcome it if the police left their neighborhoods is ridiculous. Are there people in neighborhoods that would be fine with it? Sure. The entire neighborhood? Highly doubtful. He’s forgetting the grownups in those neighborhoods.

No, not all police. I should have been more specific.
I was referring to the ones that abuse their authority. And, all those who protect them.

The haste with which people want to simplify and simplify some more, to promote an oversimplified narrative—and when—is dizzying as much as it is disappointing.

Okay, Rudy. You've really dug your heels in on this one. What do you believe is the appropriate response from the general public then?

For him you say without a doubt there are neighborhoods that would welcome it if the police left their neighborhoods is ridiculous. Are there people in neighborhoods that would be fine with it? Sure. The entire neighborhood? Highly doubtful. He’s forgetting the grownups in those neighborhoods.

Put it to a vote and there would be plenty of neighborhoods who don’t want the police around.

Protesters cheer a shooting ambush of sheriff’s deputies in L.A.

No one other than the shooter is responsible for the gunfire ambush Saturday of two Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies as they sat in their patrol car. But the same can’t be said for the protesters who blocked the entrance to the hospital where the two are being treated, and chanted “we hope they die.” The latter is a cultural poison nurtured by the left-wing anti-police movement sweeping the country.

The two deputies were “ambushed by a gunman in a cowardly fashion” in the Compton neighbor-hood, said Sheriff Alex Villaneuva at a press conference. The deputies hadn’t been identified by name as we write this, but press reports say one is a 31-year-old mother and the other a 24-year-old man. Both have been with the department a little more than a year.

Police haven’t identified a suspect, but the randomness of the ambush suggests someone looking for any available police target. We’ve seen this before when anti-police fever is hot. A gunman shot and killed two officers in their car in New York in 2014 following the death of black suspects being arrested in Ferguson, Mo., and New York.

The protests are worse this year following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, and the anti-police violence is more widespread. An officer was stabbed in the neck in Flatbush in New York City in an ambush in June. The officer survived.

Democratic mayor Eric Garcetti called the chants and protests at the hospital “unacceptable” and “abhorrent,” but he and other Democrats need to do more to condemn and ostracize these protesters. Democrats may fear the wrath of Black Lives Matter, but the backlash elsewhere in America will be far greater if pleasure at cop killing becomes common on the left.

Policing reform is impossible amid a war on police. Mr. Garcetti and other mayors should abandon their cuts to law-enforcement budgets and express regular solidarity for cops on the beat. Without such a signal, police will continue to retreat from enforcing the law in crime-ridden neighbor-hoods, and those who suffer most will be the law-abiding in the likes of Compton and Flatbush.

Wall Street Journal
The Editorial Board
September 13, 2020 05:06 p.m. EDT
And all of the protesters are Leftist Democrats of some form.

this happened in 2016 with Ferguson and then the shooting of Dallas cops and this helped get Trump elected

Where are the professional athletes condemning these actions? They want to immerse themselves as fighters for social justice, but don’t want to get involved in policing their own people and trying to encourage civil discourse and action.

It started long before Trump. Trump just gaslighted it.

Trump was the right's answer to 8 years of condescending snark from Barack Obama. Obama lowered the standards for the US president being respectful to those who might not agree with him. Trump has removed the standards.

Trump was the right's answer to 8 years of condescending snark from Barack Obama. Obama lowered the standards for the US president being respectful to those who might not agree with him. Trump has removed the standards.

Bullshit.

Both W and Obama were about as magnanimous as it gets. Trump established this precedent. Period.

In my opinion in the current environment:

"Good" cops will become more likely to leave the force

People that would make good cops will be less likely to apply

The personalities that will be drawn to the job are the types who will abuse their authority. Thus continuing our circling of the drain

People, especially minorities, are sick of cops. This will happen more often. It isn't right but it is just the beginning.
And white won't give 2 shits about them getting shot back.

Btw don't say minorities...just say black

So the black community didn't create the stigma around them? JFC. I guess I'll shoot every black guy that comes in contact with me because they might be a criminal.

Use your ****ing head a little. Maybe someone will shoot you and we can all celebrate.
Criminals come in all colors sexes religions etc....let's just nuke the whole world. None of us deserve to live :)

In my opinion in the current environment:

"Good" cops will become more likely to leave the force

People that would make good cops will be less likely to apply

The personalities that will be drawn to the job are the types who will abuse their authority. Thus continuing our circling of the drain
. Indeed
Not just leave, but not join. We want better cops so let's start harassing and shooting current ones!!

I tell you, too many morons on both sides :(.

Where are the professional athletes condemning these actions? They want to immerse themselves as fighters for social justice, but don’t want to get involved in policing their own people and trying to encourage civil discourse and action.
Social injustice??? Lmfao. Them making more off their jerseys and shoes than the chinese slaves...no biggie ;)

No.
Are you dumb enough to think most whites will let random black folks just start assasinating cops and then feel sorry for them when a few get shot?

Be honest

Most will just watch on TV. Or, just see on the news. Won’t make a bit of difference on the street where these confrontations play out.
People can only take so much abuse before they decide to fight back.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Many contributing factors but the hysterical Left and their media fanning the flames of the anti police movement is significant.

Would you agree the police beating and killing innocent unarmed people, might be a more significant factor?

Most will just watch on TV. Or, just see on the news. Won’t make a bit of difference on the street where these confrontations play out.
People can only take so much abuse before they decide to fight back.
Cops are people.

Go ahead allow the cycle to ramp up then. We'll see what happens. Your silence makes you just as guilty as the cop killers or so I'm told ;)

Lol. Reality. Framed however narrowly one must frame his “reality”. What a joke, Nipple.

I take it you disagree with the WSJ but can’t quite find the words to express yourself. Maybe that‘s a sign you should sleep on it. It could be progress knocking at your door.

Reactions: hwk23
Cops are people.

Go ahead allow the cycle to ramp up then. We'll see what happens. Your silence makes you just as guilty as the cop killers or so I'm told ;)

It is ramping up. You are seeing what happens.
There are more of us than them.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Would you agree the police beating and killing innocent unarmed people, might be a more significant factor?

On the rare occasion it happens, like Mr Floyd, yes it’s a significant factor...more significant? Probably not.

I’m against bad police that abuse their power. And, those who help them cover it up and continue.
I’m for serious police reform and demilitarization and less violence and guns in society.

Bullshit.

Both W and Obama were about as magnanimous as it gets. Trump established this precedent. Period.

W, Bill C, and Sr magnanimous? Absolutely. Obama, not so much. There were people on his OWN SIDE who criticized his condescending tone when communicating disagreement. He was worse with those he routinely disagreed with. A google search will yield you scores of articles from left and right sources criticizing Obama for his condescending, patronizing and contemptuous attitude towards those he did not agree with.

Trump has taken it to a new level, no doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT