ADVERTISEMENT

“We get drunk because we are a weird species, the awkward losers of the animal world”

Grizzly bears get drunk too. The BNSF railroad runs along the southern boundary of Glacier National Park, and when there would be a derailment corn or wheat would be spilled. Rather than pick it up, they used to just bury it. It would ferment and grizzlies would eventually feed on the fermented grains. Drunken grizzlies were being hit by trains and traffic along Highway 2, so now the BNSF has to clean up any spilled grain.

George Washington was an anti-democratic whore

George Washington first won elected office, in 1758, by getting voters soused. (He is said to have given them 144 gallons of alcohol, enough to win him 307 votes and a seat in Virginia’s House of Burgesses.)

TLDR. Booze is fun.
Read it. Actually a pretty informative article. What concerns me is we are on the verge of another temperance movement like we saw in the early 80's with the raising of drinking ages and MADD and an overall crackdown on alcohol consumption. America seems to go on these 40 year cycles where we get very liberal and then very conservative about our views of drinking. We're at another point were we are at a peak liberal attitude towards drinking. It won't be long before the fuddy duddy's come along to ruin our fun.

I like to drink and have a good time, mostly beer, and I'm not giving it up. They can pry my beer stein from my cold dead hands.

Read it. Actually a pretty informative article. What concerns me is we are on the verge of another temperance movement like we saw in the early 80's with the raising of drinking ages and MADD and an overall crackdown on alcohol consumption. America seems to go on these 40 year cycles where we get very liberal and then very conservative about our views of drinking. We're at another point were we are at a peak liberal attitude towards drinking. It won't be long before the fuddy duddy's come along to ruin our fun.

I like to drink and have a good time, mostly beer, and I'm not giving it up. They can pry my beer stein from my cold dead hands.
Can you let me know when you feel like you're getting ready to croak? :p

Last edited:
Can you let me know when you feel like you're getting ready to croak?
You want my beer stein? And in case you are wondering, yes, I do drink beer out of a beer stein almost all the time. I used to drink out of a big glass beer stein like below but I had an unfortunate accident one night and it ended up sounding like a shotgun went off when I dropped a full one. I have since switched over to a plastic stein that is similar. Added benefit of not being so heavy.

s-l400.jpg

You want my beer stein? And in case you are wondering, yes, I do drink beer out of a beer stein almost all the time. I used to drink out of a big glass beer stein like below but I had an unfortunate accident one night and it ended up sounding like a shotgun went off when I dropped a full one. I have since switched over to a plastic stein that is similar. Added benefit of not being so heavy.

s-l400.jpg
Well, I only want it after you've croaked, and I'm not going to hope for that event. I mean, you won't be needing it unless you plan on being part of the zombie apocalypse, right?!

Grizzly bears get drunk too. The BNSF railroad runs along the southern boundary of Glacier National Park, and when there would be a derailment corn or wheat would be spilled. Rather than pick it up, they used to just bury it. It would ferment and grizzlies would eventually feed on the fermented grains. Drunken grizzlies were being hit by trains and traffic along Highway 2, so now the BNSF has to clean up any spilled grain.
Those bears can really be assholes when they get hammered and start fighting...
tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT