ADVERTISEMENT

🌈🌈🌈 Uh Oh!!!

AB made a single can and sent it to her. That's it. No new commercial or campaign. A single can that she posted an image of on her twitter feed.
AB entered into a partnership with her and PAID her to run an Instagram ad promoting a sweepstakes and the beer cans they had given her with her face on it. I think THAT'S it.

AB entered into a partnership with her and PAID her to run an Instagram ad promoting a sweepstakes and the beer cans they had given her with her face on it. I think THAT'S it.
Beer can. Singular.
To have her market to her demographic, not Kid Rocks.
It's called targeting advertising. Done every single day.

Beer can. Singular.
To have her market to her demographic, not Kid Rocks.
It's called targeting advertising. Done every single day.
And what a huge demographic that must be.

Seems a more effective use of marketing resources would be to target the manifold greater demographics.

They really want to promote - vs sell to - this tiny, but overly amplified demographic.

Because "young people " people aren't going to buy a Ford bc they pandered to a subset of the population with a rainbow truck. But some people will likely avoid Ford for thinking sexual orientation is a part of automobile marketing. It's simply bad marketing with zero upside.
You don't exactly seem like a person who is in touch with young people but I hate to break to you.....those of us that are secure enough in our sexuality that a rainbow symbol is absolutely non threatening and who think people should be treated with respect regardless of race, gender, country of origin or sexual preference/identity are not a "subset of the population".

We are the majority and that majority is only going to grow as the young generation replaces the old. The sooner you accept that reality the better

Yep, one single custom can sent to an influencer.
And 30% of americans started shooting their beer.
Shotgunning Luke Combs GIF by CMT Music Awards

Reactions: TC Nole OX
This is pretty simple.

A lot of people object to messaging that "HAS NOT ONE THING TO DO WITH" themselves. Guess they care about about about others and the world around them.

And, BTW, AB was not just reaching out to the the trans community unless all that beer was mistakenly marketed to the non-woke by some mischievous pixie.
And a lot of people take an AR-15 to that company’s product. Yup. That’s what people who care about about about others do. And just who was he “caring about about about” when he shot up all that beer?

As for that last…I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Reactions: BelemNole
You don't exactly seem like a person who is in touch with young people but I hate to break to you.....those of us that are secure enough in our sexuality that a rainbow symbol is absolutely non threatening and who think people should be treated with respect regardless of race, gender, country of origin or sexual preference/identity are not a "subset of the population".

We are the majority and that majority is only going to grow as the young generation replaces the old. The sooner you accept that reality the better
Wtf? Where did you come up with this garbage from my post? I understand marketing and how it influences buying decisions, of both targeted and current customer bases. This is bad marketing which is what my comments were based on. Jesus some of you can't wait to defend your protected class of the day.

This is pretty simple.

A lot of people object to messaging that "HAS NOT ONE THING TO DO WITH" themselves. Guess they care about about about others and the world around them.

And, BTW, AB was not just reaching out to the the trans community unless all that beer was mistakenly marketed to the non-woke by some mischievous pixie.
You know it was just a six-pack, right?

And a lot of people take an AR-15 to that company’s product. Yup. That’s what people who care about about about others do. And just who was he “caring about about about” when he shot up all that beer?

As for that last…I have no idea what you’re talking about.
LOL, I guess I did somehow get a little carried away with about about ... . And it's not even my favorite word word word.

A different example for you ... say someone destroyed, burned, desecrated the American flag. Who is he or she caring about?

Can you think the flag stuff is a bit too much in your face without being called a phobe of some sort; or are they a pair?

With her pic? Well Belem told it was just one. I'm getting so cornfused.

The all that beer I was referring to was the beer she was paid to advertise and promote.
Belem is correct. It was just a single can. Nothing more. Nothing new for Bud Light to make a special can for their influencers. There are tons of influencers on Bud Light's payroll of all different kinds. She happened to have 10 million followers. Marketing 101. Edit: Why just Bud Light and not Crest, Nike, Instacart, CeraVe and KitchenAid as well?

Last edited:
Reactions: BelemNole
IMO, it's mostly an aggregate thing. There's a ton of rainbow stuff out there right now and a lot of it has obviously political tiebacks. And society is super political right now. And so everything is stirred up.

A much smaller amount of rainbow stuff and people wouldn't be talking, and stuff like this wouldn't be so noticed.
You know this how?

You know this how?
What part? My point was that the level of LGBTQ stuff circulating in society, and being bantered about in society has led to lots squabbling over the topic. Lots of political positions taken, and as such we see these backlashes to an advertisement like bud had. (where as in the past at times stuff like that would've flown under the radar)

So in aggregate -- the overall amount of the stuff saturating society right now, not just one instance -- we see these strong responses.

I could imagine stuff like this flying well under the radar -- a niche advertising campaign -- if we weren't so focused on the topic.

Lol. You saw the same thing just blow up on Budweiser -- it failed. This shit is heated stuff socially/politically at the moment. If I'm a marketing person at Ford I would have serious reservations about this move. Use your brain.
Who gives a shit about bud drinkers. Think about it. You are worried about bud drinkers. Are you a bud drinker? Ewww.

Who gives a shit about bud drinkers. Think about it. You are worried about bud drinkers. Are you a bud drinker? Ewww.
Eh, if I'm drinking a mass produced American lager, sure. I had a bud the other day.

I also had a barrel aged Old Rasputin the other day. So I do have taste.

Of course. I was speaking to why it is that this has become a heated topic at all.

Has Ford ran stuff like this before? Maybe, I don't exactly keep track. Is there a lot more rainbow capitalization in this day in age? Sure there is.

But that's all moot where my point is concerned... that right now, in this moment, that seems like a questionable move by Ford Marketing. I'm questioning whether or not they're reading the market correctly given what we just saw with Budweiser.
Dude, Subaru rocks with the “crowd” you are struggling to understand.
Nope, not a Ford sized market share… yet.

I’m assuming someone already posted this, but that commercial was from about a year ago, was for a local audience, and was for gay day or week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT