ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Ohhhh Oreos....

McLovin32

HR Legend
Feb 1, 2008
Looks like they could be next on the conservative boycott list for........ GROOMING CHILDREN!!!! I'll wait to see what Kid Rock has to say before I make any of my own judgements.

Conservative watchdog group accuses Oreo of "grooming children" because of PFLAG partnership​

Ashlie D. Stevens
Wed, February 7, 2024 at 11:05 AM CST·1 min read

Oreo Cookies Igor Golovniov/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images

The National Legal and Policy Center, a conservative watchdog group, has accused Oreo of “grooming children” because of the cookie company’s longtime partnership with PFLAG, the country’s first and largest organization dedicated to supporting, educating, and advocating for LGBTQ people and their families.
In addition to publishing a 30-second video titled, “Is Oreo…Grooming Children??” the organization writes: “NLPC owns stock in Oreo’s parent company, Mondelez International, and will sponsor a shareholder proposal at the annual meeting in May. The nonprofit corporate watchdog and shareholder activist initiated its campaign to highlight the cookie-maker’s inappropriate relationship with PFLAG after it noticed the brand’s social media accounts – primarily on X.com (formerly Twitter) – were heavily populated with posts in support of PFLAG’s various narratives, causes and social advocacy.”
This isn’t the first time Oreo has come under fire from conservative political groups and individual politicians for their support of PFLAG. As Salon Food reported in 2022, after the company and organization partnered on a tearjerker of a video about coming out called “The Note,” right-leaning pundits, including Ben Shapiro, called for a boycott of the brand. For his part, Newsmax host George Kelly tweeted a picture of Sesame Street’s Cookie Monster with a rant that read, in part: “I do NOT like GAY COOKIES. 'Sexuality' has NOTHING TO DO with the Cookie experience. Cookies are for ALL!”

I don't eat 'em 'cause they're black on the outside, but huwhite on the inside. Like that Coleman Hughes and Glenn Loury.

I like the thins, both mint and golden. Don’t care about their messaging except to say their cookies are good.

And anyone that eats Chips Ahoy is a Moran.

Reactions: McLovin32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT