ADVERTISEMENT

0 Big Ten teams in CFP

HawknBadgerLand

All-Conference
Jul 13, 2017
What if Michigan loses to Maryland this weekend
Ohio State beats Michigan in "That Game"
Iowa wins out and beats Ohio State in BIG game.

Michigan and Penn State non-big ten champas with 2 losses aren't going.
Do they put a non-big ten champ that just lost to Iowa in the CFP?
Do they put a 2-loss Big Ten Champ (should have been 1 loss after DeJean call back) in the CFP?

Or do they leave the Big Ten out this year?

What if Michigan loses to Maryland and Iowa beats Ohio State? What if Chattanooga beats Bama and then Bama beats Georgia? Odds of any of this happening? Zero.
You're probably right, but I wouldn't say the odds of Maryland beating Michigan at home 0. I wouldn't say the odds of Iowa beating Ohio State (especially this year), 0. I think both of those things could happen. The chances the CFP pick Iowa are 0 though, but it would be fun to see play out.

Do they put a 2-loss Big Ten Champ (should have been 1 loss after DeJean call back) in the CFP?

In that scenario nobody makes it. And they shouldn't.

Reactions: jonesy5960

That's a lot of low probability 'what ifs'?

Reactions: littlez
That's a lot of low probability 'what ifs'?
I really don't think it is all that far fetched.
Maryland could beat Michigan at Home.
Certainly Ohio State could beat Michigan.
Iowa could pull one out vs Ohio State and I feel like this would be the year to do that.
They don't seem unstoppable to me.

Iowa could pull one out vs Ohio State and I feel like this would be the year to do that.
Um no. Maryland barely beat a really bad Nebraska team to break a 4 game skid last week. They're getting throttled this week. At least 3 touchdowns.

Pretty far fetched, but sure it's a possibility. Upsets happen but Michigan is a 19 point favorite this Saturday. And they'll be probably a 7 point favorite over Ohio State as they have throttled them the last 2 years. And then Ohio State would be at least a 14 point favorite over Iowa and probably closer to 17. But yes, that's why they play the games.

The nightmare scenario of that Minnesota game will be played 100 million times on this site. we will have to listen to 14 million threads about that game and the play.

you lost me at ...Michigan loses to Maryland...

Why do we need Michigan to lose to Maryland? Do we think an undefeated Michigan that loses to us in the title game is getting in the CFP?

Um no. Maryland barely beat a really bad Nebraska team to break a 4 game skid last week. They're getting throttled this week. At least 3 touchdowns.
Yeah, at this point I think Michigan is in official FU mode. No way they’re losing Saturday barring ridiculous turnovers..

Why do we need Michigan to lose to Maryland? Do we think an undefeated Michigan that loses to us in the title game is getting in the CFP?
I just went the Ohio State route because I feel like Iowa has a better shot at beating them and no way Minnesota beats Ohio State this weekend.

Reactions: DirtyJohns97
Low probability for it to play out this way. But, not impossible.

The upside is that this is the last year of the 4 team playoff. Having 12 teams doesn't mean there will be no arguments because of course team #13 will say they should have gotten the nod. But, frankly, once you get down to team 12 vs team 13 not too many people will be up in arms about it.

Reactions: HawknBadgerLand
You're probably right, but I wouldn't say the odds of Maryland beating Michigan at home 0. I wouldn't say the odds of Iowa beating Ohio State (especially this year), 0. I think both of those things could happen. The chances the CFP pick Iowa are 0 though, but it would be fun to see play out.
You must not watch Michigan, Maryland, or tOSU football games.

there is 0 chance Maryland or Iowa beat either of those teams.

You must not watch Michigan, Maryland, or tOSU football games.

there is 0 chance Maryland or Iowa beat either of those teams.
I guess I haven't watched Maryland, Ohio State or Michigan this year in full. I've just followed highlights and listened to commentary. Can't say 0, but I realize it's all highly unlikely especially is DeJean is out.

In retrospect this was a lot closer than I thought. I'll give you that.

In retrospect this was a lot closer than I thought. I'll give you that.
I started watching the game at 3-0 Maryland. 5 mins later the stupid fumble for 6 happened to go 14-3. I respect Iowa for coaching their players to make the right call to tuck it and live another day in that situation. That 3rd and long scramble was unnecessary.

Silly rabbit. The Big Ten absorbs Oregon and Washington next year. In your now impossible fantasy since both won today. Let's get wild here, Ohio State beats Michigan. Michigan has one top 25 win. They probably get left out. Iowa beats Ohio State with the fry cook as QB, and playdough brains as offensive coordinator. Ohio State is punished and pushed out for losing to such incompetence. You have Georgia, Oregon, Texas, and Florida State.

If Florida State loses to Louisville, watch out!! Alabama could beat Georgia and we get two SEC teams again. But Oregon is basically Big Ten. So they'll just claim it for the conference. Washington is the same.

I'm that scenario (which is dead now) Iowa would be kicking themselves for the inability to gain 30 yards against a pathetic Minn team to kick a game winning FG. A 12-1 B1G team wouldn't miss the playoffs.

I'm that scenario (which is dead now) Iowa would be kicking themselves for the inability to gain 30 yards against a pathetic Minn team to kick a game winning FG. A 12-1 B1G team wouldn't miss the playoffs.
Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT